Legacy level 50 deserves recognition

Icestar

There has to be some kind of recognition for players that has reached max legacy.

Those players has spent countless of hours enjoying the game and probably seen most of the class stories and knows alot of the game.

You do not reach legacy level 50 easily so it should be equal to some kind of reward, a title would be great for example or perhaps the name in a different colour, (or "borrow" hints from other games like D3)

Something that stands out that this player has reached legacy level 50

This game has few things at all for players at higher legacy and even less for those that reached 50

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious that this was something they intended to be much greater then it is now.

But it is not to late for them to acknowledge those that reached max legacy level.

The Founder title was nice, it was given to all of us that played early but legacy 50 deserves something special.

Right now it is just a number, but it is a number that proves thousands of battles, worlds that has been discovered, rare persons encountered and TONS of fun while doing it.

Bioware should cherish those that has played long enough to be legacy level 50 and still plays, those are living markething diamonds that proves that this game really has something excellent :csw_destroyer:

Edited by Icestar

It is obvious that this was something they intended to be much greater then it is now.

But it is not to late for them to acknowledge those that reached max legacy level.

The Founder title was nice, it was given to all of us that played early but legacy 50 deserves something special.

Right now it is just a number, but it is a number that proves thousands of battles, worlds that has been discovered, rare persons encountered and TONS of fun while doing it.

Bioware should cherish those that has played long enough to be legacy level 50 and still plays, those are living markething diamonds that proves that this game really has something excellent :csw_destroyer:

All that does is impart a sense of elitism. I'm firmly against that and for one, don't care if you got to level 50 on your legacy. I've been around playing since a year before launch in Beta. I didn't ask the devs for a founder title. I never even wear it.

All that does is impart a sense of elitism. I'm firmly against that and for one, don't care if you got to level 50 on your legacy. I've been around playing since a year before launch in Beta. I didn't ask the devs for a founder title. I never even wear it.

I've seen countless threads on here arguing that elitism is not just ok, it's vital. Well I don't know if it's true, but it's worked for other MMO's.

Something is warranted. After all, Legacy players are certainly devoted.

Elitism? Nah, a simple reward of accomplishing a mile stone is not elitism. Elitism is when the player use such a reward to exclude others and becomes self entitled. It is an individual affliction. The reward in and of itself is not elitism.

Wow congratulations if you've reached level 50. But whew, sleep is good. :p

This is a silly thing to say. There were people at legacy 50 2-3 months in. Hell, I took 6 month break from the game and reached 50 a week ago.

It's just another false promise. They even blatantly lied about how to unlock stuff in it in the first place.

I don't think a Legacy 50 title would be too elitist.

Yeah, I don't think a title would be a big deal. Not sure what the value of the title would be though as I don't think anyone else is going to care that someone reached legacy level 50, lol.

I'd rather see them developing a sliding scale on legacy costs based on legacy levels. So as you get the higher legacy levels, you can get some of the unlocks for free or at reduced prices. I know a lot of people think legacy is supposed to just be a credit-sink but it's primary purpose is to make it easier to run alts and encourage people to run alts. I already have a credit-sink...it's called funding alts, lol.

It is sad to see many players has become sad and bitter and lost respect for legacy, I am sure it was not what the DEVs had in mind in the firstplace when they implemented it. They could easily reactivate the legacysystem again into something good, to make it worth something. For now it is a extra experiencebar useful only for those with legacy 10ish.

Eventhough it is still something that can be saved. The potential area to explore and develop into is basicly limitless.

We are not talking about Pay to Win items here, only some kind of fluff that rewards legacy level 50. If we get a cool unlock at higher legacylevel it is probably because we have done it hundred times before and would not like to do it again.

Keep the discussion going, level 50 legacy deserves something I am almost sure that you all agrees to that :sul_cool:

Edited by Icestar

"the Eternally Bored" would be a good title, id wear that.

or maybe "Tiek, He who got bored and isn't playing much anymore"

I completly dissagree, the playtime I have with SWTOR has been fun and really entertaining.

I have completed all eight storylines, and just got a ninth character to level 50. I am looking foward to the new Cathar race and new warzone in the future among other things that will be added.

If someone gets bored, just do something else. SWTOR is a game, a hobby. I play when I feel like it and do something else when I don´t. I dont understand those that keep on playing feeling bored.

So on the positive note, the title for level 50 should be something like "The Galactic Traveller" or " Travelled beyond the end of the world" or something, only suggesstions :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Icestar

Here. Take a voucher for a pat on the back.

You don't deserve anything and it's a gross attitude to expect something for every thing you do.

Legacy 50 is actually a great achievement and deservin of more than your bs pat on the back. It's not like he is requesting a title for every 5 Legacy levels. I find your nose in the air about real achievement disturbing.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

Here. Take a voucher for a pat on the back.

You don't deserve anything and it's a gross attitude to expect something for every thing you do.

Ok you say we do not deserve anything for reaching legacy level 50

Lets break it down a bit and take a few examples:

I have NINE level 50 characters, I have completed all eight classtories, I have traveled through space, seen most of the planets (including the locked zones for story for certain characters). I am not counting the thousands of hours I have spent in warzones, flashpoints, operations and so on. My knowledge of this game is huge and it is rarely when I can´t answer a quiestion I get ingame correctly. Been there, done that and gladly doing it again!

Dont say that a legacy 50 player do not deserve recognition for their work, it is by far the greatest achievement in the game.

Edited by Icestar

I think "deserving recognition" is the wrong way to put it.

I'd like to put in terms of the RPG genre's staple of character advancement. One of the appeals of RPG's has always been the inclusion of systems where you gain rewards through gameplay. The legacy system is a neat way of tying all characters on an account together in one progression system.

The problem we have now is that the system is essentially meaningless past legacy level 25. Imagine, if you will, that they increased the character level cap to 60, but your character didn't gain any more abilities or stats or any other improvements past 50. The only thing that changed was the number next to your character. That would, I think, be a broken progression system, and that's essentially where the legacy system is right now. Every legacy level gained past 25 is presently useless.

I think even some small bonuses, such as a 1% gain in credits and experience from missions and drops per 10 legacy levels, would be a big improvement.