0 damage in pvp problem

OldGear

So im new to pvp gear wise (just resubed again and made lvl 65 right away) and im getting absolutely destroyed in all cases. My damage output is close to 0 (as sith marauder) yet sith sorcerer kills me with just lightning ans some kind of damage tic while i didnt even scratch him and its like this in every match. Where is the balance ? or am I doing something wrong? :rak_02:

Sounds like a lack of Expertise (pvp stat).

You should make sure you're at 2018 expertise, else you will be at big disadvantage.

You can achieve 2018 expertise with the basic pvp stuff available in Combat Zone on the fleet (stuff + 2 pvp crystal that you can buy for 500 Pvpmark each, or for credits at GMT if you prefer)

And you can check your Expertise on your character sheet, "pvp" tab.

Good luck!

You should make sure you're at 2018 expertise, else you will be at big disadvantage.

You can achieve 2018 expertise with the basic pvp stuff available in Combat Zone on the fleet (stuff + 2 pvp crystal that you can buy for 500 Pvpmark each, or for credits at GMT if you prefer)

And you can check your Expertise on your character sheet, "pvp" tab.

Good luck!

Noted!:rolleyes:

If you click skills with your mouse: that's bad. Get used to hotkeying your skills (you can bind skills to q, w, e, r, etc, and make combinations with shift and alt), and turn with your mouse.

If you don't, then you need to get gear and begin to learn the tricks of the class. I know that when I first set foot inside a WZ with my marauder I was doing alright damage, but because I didn't know what expertise was, I got demolished every time someone would target me. Now, I know when to use my defensive cool downs (dcd's), and that is one of the most important parts about pvp. Managing your dcd's well.

Just practice.

My damage output is close to 0 (as sith marauder)am I doing something wrong? :rak_02:

You do very well! Just click sometimes! ;)

Also, you mentioned that you just joined back to the game. I'm happy to see, that even if you could not "click" in WZ and your dps is still "0" but you already made a thread where you call another class overpowered. Very good! Keep up the good work! :D

pro tip: Cherry pick a screenshot where the sorc do 4 mill dmg, save it and link it here and there. It could work out I heard :D

Out of trolling, joking, welcome back! : )

Yep, you just need practice. Maras are good in pvp. The Fury spec is probably the easiest to play. If you are using Carnage, you're really going to struggle. Annihilation is decent, but probably still not as easy as Fury. Read up on all the different abilities that you have to try to get an idea how to best use them. Then just play a bunch.

The ticking damage is called a DoT (Damage over Time). Sorcs have those. Annihilation spec has those as well.

I think that going into pvp with an instant 60 character, having never played a mara before - you are absolutely going to struggle. It's not the easiest class to play.

I would suggest going with Fury spec. Force Crush gives you 6 seconds of stun immunity, once every 30 seconds. Use Force Camouflage (stealth out), Undying Rage for a few seconds of 99% damage reduction. Also, check out the marauder class forums for more details. There is a lot of good information on this topic in there.

Yep, you just need practice. Maras are good in pvp. The Fury spec is probably the easiest to play. If you are using Carnage, you're really going to struggle. Annihilation is decent, but probably still not as easy as Fury. Read up on all the different abilities that you have to try to get an idea how to best use them. Then just play a bunch.

The ticking damage is called a DoT (Damage over Time). Sorcs have those. Annihilation spec has those as well.

I think that going into pvp with an instant 60 character, having never played a mara before - you are absolutely going to struggle. It's not the easiest class to play.

I would suggest going with Fury spec. Force Crush gives you 6 seconds of stun immunity, once every 30 seconds. Use Force Camouflage (stealth out), Undying Rage for a few seconds of 99% damage reduction. Also, check out the marauder class forums for more details. There is a lot of good information on this topic in there.

And on a real note use pvp gear, (re)learn your class, stop clicking, move with strafe, and don't overextend till you become more proficient with your dcds. But I like how you picked on sorcerers only. Like any other class won't destroy you.

PS: Your aim is to be pulling over 1.3k dps regardless of circumstances in 99.9% of the games if your focus is dps. And even then you will still be considered half-decent. Anything lower than 1k requires dummy target practice. I am serious on this.

Edited by MusicRider

Some classes/specs is "try hard mode" and if u are non-experienced or bad is harder x2 for u. Roll a sorc - i know dat even clickers/back pedalers/keyboard turners/who start to play do nice DMG as madness and if u are preffer melee juggernaut is nice choise - pretty friendly to newbie and have low skill cap too. IMO. GL and HF. Edited by helpmewin

And on a real note use pvp gear, (re)learn your class, stop clicking, move with strafe, and don't overextend till you become more proficient with your dcds. But I like how you picked on sorcerers only. Like any other class won't destroy you.

PS: Your aim is to be pulling over 1.3k dps regardless of circumstances in 99.9% of the games if your focus is dps. And even then you will still be considered half-decent. Anything lower than 1k requires dummy target practice. I am serious on this.

I'm sure any class would destroy the OP without expertise or experience....burst classes would destroy a lot faster than a madness sorc. There are quite a few sorcs in warzones so perhaps that is what the OP has most noticed attacking him. Or the OP may just hate sorcs more than other classes.

I agree with you on the damage. You should be pulling 1.5k ish in pretty much all matches (without heavy healing) if you want to be somewhat effective. If there is a lot of healing going on you should be well into the 2k dps if you want to even seem like you are doing anything at all. Even then it won't be enough.

Edited by Saikochoro

Learn your class

This is so wrong on so many levels, because of that :

Learn your class

And because of that it surprises me a lot that you didn't even think of the most basic explanation possibility : No Expertice / Competence in the PvP gear of the player.

You seem to be so much immersed in PvP that you severely suffer the Curse Of Knowledge.

Yeah, if you've leveled via questing, then you may have some gear equipped that is *destroying* your expertise.

For this patch, 190 is the magic number. If you are wearing PVE gear (ie. anything *not* bought using warzone commendations) do not, under any circumstances, go over item level 190.

Also, don't mix and match expertise and non-expertise mods within armor/weapon shells. Don't put expertise crystals in PVE weapons, or power crystals in PVP weapons etc etc. Bolster is a dumb unintuitive system, but learning how it works is imperative to survival in PvP.

Safest bet - wear cheap 190 item level PvE gear. Replace each piece asap with tier 1 PvP gear. Augment your gear, as bolster really leaves you shortchanged on endurance right now.

When you are inside a warzone, check your stats. If your expertise is significantly lower than 2018, you have done something very very wrong. Get out and fix it. Ask for help.