Did the Emperor Know?

Kanshan

Remember Scourge saw a Jedi standing over the fallen Emperor that was not Revan.

Okay, so I got to thinking about Lord Scourge's vision that he saw when Revan was coming to attack the Emperor.

What if, the Emperor knew what Scourge was planning and gave him that vision because He was in his real body and did not want to risk fighting Revan.

How and why would the Emperor do that? He didn't have the power to see the future(that is why he took over a Voss body three hundred years later), so he couldn't have known that a Jedi Knight with that exact face would try to fight against him 300 years later. If the Emperor had the power to give visions he could have given ones that would have benefitted him more like I dunnoScourge faithfully serving the Emperor and leading the Empire to a Renaissance.

FInally why would he keep Scourge around if he Scourge is just wiating for a Jedi with a specific face to come along before betraying the Emperor again. Heck the Emperor knows the Jedi Knight exists as of the end of the JK Act 1. If he knew that Scourge had that vision he would either kill Scourge or make sure the two never meet.

It just wouldn't make any sense.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

How and why would the Emperor do that? He didn't have the power to see the future(that is why he took over a Voss body three hundred years later), so he couldn't have known that a Jedi Knight with that exact face would try to fight against him 300 years later. If the Emperor had the power to give visions he could have given ones that would have benefitted him more like I dunnoScourge faithfully serving the Emperor and leading the Empire to a Renaissance.

FInally why would he keep Scourge around if he Scourge is just wiating for a Jedi with a specific face to come along before betraying the Emperor again. Heck the Emperor knows the Jedi Knight exists as of the end of the JK Act 1. If he knew that Scourge had that vision he would either kill Scourge or make sure the two never meet.

The Entity is very gifted with Force visions and we know that she and the Emperor are connected. What the op describes is not that far of a stretch except for the whole not wanting to fight Revan part.

It is also established that the emperor has the ability to dominate someone's mind so why wouldn't he do this to Scourge? The very least he could do was influence Scourge to believe that Revan wasn't the one he saw.

As for Revan in general I'm a little disappointed with how he got treated in the game. He went from being this unstoppable ****** in the KotOR series to being this conceited crazy person.

I think the emperor's body is MUCH more powerful than his voice which is why when you first run into the emperor at the end of act 2 in the JK story he completely dominates you and a whole group of jedi with a simple wave of his hand but you are somehow able to "defeat" him later in act 3. My guess is that you ran into the real body in act 2 and in act 3 you were fighting the Voice and not the real emperor.

Ok if we were to assume that the Emperor was able to give visions(a proposition that I seriously doubt), the Emperor's actions following his fight with Revan make no sense. This would make a logical series of events into a series of *** mioments.

The Emperor would be giving immortality Scourge, a person that he knows wants to kill him. Why? If this theory is right, he should have killed Scourge the moment Revan was incapacitated.

The Emperor learns that the Jedi Knight from the vision that he gave Scourge has met Scourge, and he then keeps Scourge right next to himself, the person wants to kill. Once again why?

The Emperor dominates the Jedi Knight and then leaves the station with Scourge and the Jedi Knight onboard in order to get either a gallon of milk or dark side secrets. Because that is an intellegent thing to do?

This theory doesn't explain anything that is currently unknown nor does it deal with any inconsistencies in the lore or character actions. All it does is turn the Emperor into a moron who intentionally keeps around someone who wants to kill him despite having ample opportunities to dipose of him through murder, deception, or just ignoring him for a century.

Ok if we were to assume that the Emperor was able to give visions(a proposition that I seriously doubt), the Emperor's actions following his fight with Revan make no sense. This would make a logical series of events into a series of *** mioments.

The Emperor would be giving immortality Scourge, a person that he knows wants to kill him. Why? If this theory is right, he should have killed Scourge the moment Revan was incapacitated.

The Emperor learns that the Jedi Knight from the vision that he gave Scourge has met Scourge, and he then keeps Scourge right next to himself, the person wants to kill. Once again why?

The Emperor dominates the Jedi Knight and then leaves the station with Scourge and the Jedi Knight onboard in order to get either a gallon of milk or dark side secrets. Because that is an intellegent thing to do?

This theory doesn't explain anything that is currently unknown nor does it deal with any inconsistencies in the lore or character actions. All it does is turn the Emperor into a moron who intentionally keeps around someone who wants to kill him despite having ample opportunities to dipose of him through murder, deception, or just ignoring him for a century.

In the intelligence community, when people are given assumed names and sent to infiltrate they are given new identities,backstory etc and the process is called "building a legend". It's a nifty trick but it's fatal flaw is if that person is subject to scrutiny they can be discovered, possibly tortured and everyone breaks under torture it's just a matter of when.

The perfect "legend" is for an agent that is unaware he is actually acting as an agent. Give the guy some false intel, make his life hell and him feel unwelcome by his own people. The enemy comes sniffing around and he jumps at the chance to defect or you've made his life so bad that he makes contact with the enemy hoping to defect and get some revenge. He passes on the bad intel which the enemy acts upon and they end up getting screwed. It works like a charm.

The drawback to this is you have to be willing to expose other agents,put yourself and others at risk and also giving the enemy credible intel that the defector was privy to.

As devious as the Emperor is, I wouldn't put it past him to have done this exact thing with Scourge. Have Scourge defect to the Republic and the JK and you sell the "legend". The Emperor's Wrath defecting would be viewed as a major coup, and if he is scrutinized by the Republic or JK, well he can pass the muster because he is unaware of his role in the Emperor's plans.

Side note: The Emperor didn't have to be the one to "plant" the visions or alter the visions Scourge received, that could have been the Entity acting on the Emperor's behalf. Given what we know about her, it's plausible that she has the ability to do so and the willingness.

Edited by Temeluchus

As devious as the Emperor is, I wouldn't put it past him to have done this exact thing with Scourge. Have Scourge defect to the Republic and the JK and you sell the "legend". The Emperor's Wrath defecting would be viewed as a major coup, and if he is scrutinized by the Republic or JK, well he can pass the muster because he is unaware of his role in the Emperor's plans.

Excet this whole master plan requires the Emperor to have an ability he doesn't have till after the fight with Scourge, requires him to be aware of galactic politics 300 years before the situation arrives, and so far his big "master" plan has just resulted in his actual plan being ruined.

Side note: The Emperor didn't have to be the one to "plant" the visions or alter the visions Scourge received, that could have been the Entity acting on the Emperor's behalf. Given what we know about her, it's plausible that she has the ability to do so and the willingness.

Given what we know about her, she was not in contact with the Emperor at this period of time and was nowhere near Dromund Kaas at the time as she had apparently been waiting at her resting place(presumably whatever remains of Malachor V) for the Emperor until Baras "kidnapped" her. So no she really couldn't have had anything to do with it.

Excet this whole master plan requires the Emperor to have an ability he doesn't have till after the fight with Scourge, requires him to be aware of galactic politics 300 years before the situation arrives, and so far his big "master" plan has just resulted in his actual plan being ruined.

Given what we know about her, she was not in contact with the Emperor at this period of time and was nowhere near Dromund Kaas at the time as she had apparently been waiting at her resting place(presumably whatever remains of Malachor V) for the Emperor until Baras "kidnapped" her. So no she really couldn't have had anything to do with it.

It takes a bit of imagination, but the scenarios are doable. I think you are focusing too narrowly and letting possibilities slip by you.

I could list hundreds of ways these scenarios are feasible, sure they are..."creative" and can seem far fetched, but you can't downright rule them out.

For shigiggles, we can't know if the Emperor and Entity were not in contact, perhaps they have many ways to communicate with each other back and forth. Maybe the Emperor had one of his bodies sitting by her resting place to chat, or maybe he sent one of his Children to act as an intermediary.

That's just one or two things off the top of my head, I'm sure between a few of us we could come up with a long list of these.

Sure, I know it's off the wall but it's still feasible and therefore can not be ruled out as of yet.

Would wookiepedia be a good source to read up on Darth Vitiate (The Emperor)? I currently don't have the $ for a book.

It will give you the basics on him, and a bit of expanded info but nothing beats the book.

If you want info on the Emperor during TOR and not before, click on the link in Ranadiel's sig. Primer about the Emperor, be warned though it is in the spoiler section.