Scheduled Maintenance: December 2nd, 2014

TaitWatson

Players who pre-order by November 2, 2014, at 11:59PM PST / November 3, 2014, at 7:59AM GMT gain Early Access beginning December 2, 2014, one week before the official launch date.

The times listed are the "pre-order before" times for the November 3rd deadline. No times have been listed for the beginning of Early Access.

Yeah, in other words, stop twisting Tait's words by partially quoting to make it look like he said something he didn't.

He stated it pretty clearly. I know players want to know exactly when Early Access starts (I know I do) but there are better ways to ask than that...

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on December 2nd in order to apply Game Update 3.0: Shadow of Revan Early Access. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: Tuesday December 2nd 2014

TIME: 2AM PST (10:00 GMT) - 7AM PST (15:00 GMT)

VERSION: 3.0

This update introduces numerous global combat changes, including the Disciplines system, to all players. This update also includes the Shadow of Revan content for players who pre-ordered by November 2nd, 2014.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Also, I love this post.

This update introduces numerous global combat changes, including the Disciplines system, to all players. This update also includes the Shadow of Revan content for players who pre-ordered by November 2nd, 2014.

This is such a perfect example of understatement. "Eh, we just added a system and changed a few things, nothing big." :D Edited by idnewton

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could you please tell me at what time we will be able to start downloading the expansion?

reason: i am not at home all day - i work for a living :rolleyes:

i need to make special arrangements to start the download if it is only going to start during maintenance 2 Dec.

thank you,

Tanya

could you please tell me at what time we will be able to start downloading the expansion?

reason: i am not at home all day - i work for a living :rolleyes:

i need to make special arrangements to start the download if it is only going to start during maintenance 2 Dec.

thank you,

Tanya

The download usually becomes available 15 to 30 minutes after the servers go down. So just login to the launcher at 3am PST / 11am GMT and the patch will have finished downloading when you get home.

thanks for the time post.

but i doubt it will be done when i get home. we only have a 4mbps line. it will take ages to download :(

oh btw - how are we going to login to access the download if both site & servers are offline? that usually means login servers are also down? :rak_02:

if i leave my launcher running when i go to work, will it automatically start downloading at 11am or will i have to relog?

Edited by xonomaii

oh btw - how are we going to login to access the download if both site & servers are offline? that usually means login servers are also down? :rak_02:

if i leave my launcher running when i go to work, will it automatically start downloading at 11am or will i have to relog?

Login servers are usually only down for a few minutes while the apply the patch, and will be available again shortly afterwards. And no, the download will not start automatically. You'll have to login to the launcher again to download the patch.

But don't worry about your Internet speed. 3.0 will very likely be less than 2 gigabytes in size, which means your download will finish within one hour.

Edited by Jerba

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on December 2nd in order to apply Game Update 3.0: Shadow of Revan Early Access. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: Tuesday December 2nd 2014

TIME: 2AM PST (10:00 GMT) - 7AM PST (15:00 GMT)

VERSION: 3.0

Well thats a giant BS backstab move from BW. I expected the patch to have been launched earlier! I hoped to have a day of playing ahead of me, instead we EU players are getting the shaft thanks to you ONCE AGAIN making it comfortable for US players! This is a total disrespect to EU players. WE ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THOSE US PLAYERS!

Not to mention that the patch will probably be extended and extended again, meaning us EU players cannot play until very late on tuesday.

I demand that the times are altered to have the burden be carried by both the EU and US players, cause this is a total and blatant disrespect to loyal and paying customers of the EU!

Well thats a giant BS backstab move from BW. I expected the patch to have been launched earlier! I hoped to have a day of playing ahead of me, instead we EU players are getting the shaft thanks to you ONCE AGAIN making it comfortable for US players! This is a total disrespect to EU players. WE ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THOSE US PLAYERS!

Not to mention that the patch will probably be extended and extended again, meaning us EU players cannot play until very late on tuesday.

I demand that the times are altered to have the burden be carried by both the EU and US players, cause this is a total and blatant disrespect to loyal and paying customers of the EU!

*Plays a US based/created game; whines when it follows US times*

*rolls eyes*

Yes, like they are going to change the update time all because you demanded it! *smh*

Talk about having an inferiority complex lol! Wow, total textbook case......

"I DEMAND THE TIMES ARE ALTERED"........

huh?

Are you serious? The downtime seems pretty standard.

Plus, longer patches have been deployed, fairly recently in fact.

For 2.0 they brought the servers up at 8 am gmt. As the times are currently the working EU player gets a lot less for his pre-order then the working US player.

Hopefully there is a good reason why they didn't stick to the times they used last time...:rolleyes:

On April 8th at 6PM PDT (April 9th, 1AM GMT) all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.0 will be implemented during this downtime.

After maintenance, Early Access will begin for those who preordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel by January 7th, 2013. For more information and announcements about this exciting new Digital Expansion, please visit our Digital Expansion Page.

Details are as follows:

Date: Monday April 8th- Tuesday April 9th

Duration: 6 hours

Time: April 8th, 6PM PDT (April 9th, 1AM GMT ) - April 9th, 12AM PDT (7AM GMT)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=620033

Edited by StefanInter

You forgot to say that it's a slap in the face :rolleyes:

Yes, I believe Season 3 ends with the patch update.

What I want to know is, are my coms going to be reset? Should I be on a toon shopping spree right now?

Thanks!

PvE comms will be converted to Basic Comms, while PvP comms stay the same. Also all items with bind timers will bind, so you can't store comms that way going from pre- to post 3.0.

I don't understand why people think EU players are getting teh shaft, 3PM seems a perfectly fine time, I won't have any trouble being avaialbe when it goes live.

Presuming they actually get the servers up on time that is still more then half of the 2 December early access day gone for EU customers.

Presuming they actually get the servers up on time that is still more then half of the 2 December early access day gone for EU customers.

Half a day? My God! That's so unfair! It's like... the servers being online in the morning of an American work day... so they'll be online for over 8 hours before the average working American gets off their shift! The horror!!!

Edit: This is a slap in the face to people who have jobs!

Double Edit: If it isn't painfully obvious, this response is purely sarcastic to point out how your attitude is non-productive; and shows how laughable your argument is.

Edited by azudelphi

Half a day? My God! That's so unfair! It's like... the servers being online in the morning of an American work day... so they'll be online for over 8 hours before the average working American gets off their shift! The horror!!!

Edit: This is a slap in the face to people who have jobs!

Double Edit: If it isn't painfully obvious, this response is purely sarcastic to point out how your attitude is non-productive; and shows how laughable your argument is.

Good for you.:rolleyes:

Still waiting on the logical explanation on why the time change compared to 2.0;)