Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change Bind on Equip to Bind To Legacy on Equip

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change Bind on Equip to Bind To Legacy on Equip

Alandross
01.25.2013 , 05:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Eh..

As much as I enjoy being able to send used mods to my alts after my main outgears them, I still think that is too much already. I don't agree with this proposed change, but I wouldn't throw a fit over it if they did implement it.
Not that I challenge your right to disagree, but I'm genuinely curious why you wouldn't like this?

Right now bound gear basically becomes extended consumable items. Much of your gear, that you may like, is replaced visually and then it goes to waste or you need to delete it. Ironically I'm reminded that this is a current MMO pattern but if you go back to EQ at Launch gear didn't bind, not until they added "attuneable" gear did bound gear get introduced. In EQ the best twink gear in game is still the old school gear that can be passed on to other characters when you're done with it.

I would understand reservations against bind on pickup gear, since it's meant to be harder to get and more tied to your character. But adaptive sets that you spend a good deal of money, it just seems like a big waste to not allow you to share them with your legacy when your done.

Of course there are other ways they could do this, like adding a cartel item to unbind gear like this. Personally I would just like it to be a legacy feature, even if it's paid to unlock, but for your entire legacy.

I'm still curious (honestly not insultingly) why you wouldn't want the ability to do this? Maybe you wouldn't use it, but what would you have against it.

AsheraII
01.25.2013 , 05:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Alandross View Post
Not that I challenge your right to disagree, but I'm genuinely curious why you wouldn't like this?

Right now bound gear basically becomes extended consumable items. Much of your gear, that you may like, is replaced visually and then it goes to waste or you need to delete it.
Well, if it's moddable gear, I'll probably upgrade the mods regularly, and when I get tired of the looks, I put it into my cargobay, and might pull it back out again later. If it's not moddable gear, then it'd only be useful to an alt of the exact same class. And chances are, that the alt will be able to get that piece easily anyway.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Alandross
01.25.2013 , 06:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Well, if it's moddable gear, I'll probably upgrade the mods regularly, and when I get tired of the looks, I put it into my cargobay, and might pull it back out again later. If it's not moddable gear, then it'd only be useful to an alt of the exact same class. And chances are, that the alt will be able to get that piece easily anyway.
I definitely only would want this on moddable gear, and especially adaptive gear. But none of which are reasons to dislike the feature, just cases where the feature isn't useful or less useful.

YeIIow
01.27.2013 , 01:24 PM | #14
this was already covered by me a wile back:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=578572

use SEARCH next time before opening a new thread about an old topic. thank you.
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)