Sneak peak at servers population repartition

Deewe

A must to see Clicky

Dulfy, done an insane job at collecting enough data to have a good view of what's going on on US servers ; most impressive job. /tiphat

[server name] [Type] [Online players]

Most populated server:

1. Canderous Ordo.......PVE-E...1079
  2. The Harbinger..........PVE-W...1072
  3. Lord Adraas.............RP-E....862

Least populated servers

1. Sedyn Kane.............PVE-E...109
  2. Nathema ................PVE-E...113
  3. The Defenestrator ...PVE-E...115

Most imperial ratio

1. Sith Meditation Sphere......PVE-E...2.91
  2. Lord Praven.....................PVE-W...2.22
  3. Mask of Nihilus.................PVE-W...2.20

Best balanced ratio

1. Namadii Corridor......PVE-W...1.00
  2. Corellian Run...........PVE-E...1.01
  3. Thana Vesh..............PVE-E...1.01

Least imperial ratio

1. Wall of Light..............PVE-W...0.72
  2. The Shadowlands......PVE-E...0.76
  3. The Courageous.......PVE-E...0.76

Edited by Deewe

Interesting data. Seems to support claims that Imperials outnumber Republic on most, but not all servers. Also supports claims that some servers have population issues that need to be addressed. Good news for me that Kellers Void appears to be fairly populated and somewhat balanced :p

Interesting data.

You mean completely worthless.

They looked at 6 planets; what if 90% of the servers were off on different planets or in battlegrounds.

I'm going to judge my cities population by counting everyone in Mcdonalds, Denny's, Burger King and Taco Bell! That'll give me an accurate reading! C'mon...

They looked at 6 planets; what if 90% of the servers were off on different planets or in battlegrounds.

I'm going to judge my cities population by counting everyone in Mcdonalds, Denny's, Burger King and Taco Bell! That'll give me an accurate reading! C'mon...

In the US it would.

:D

I agree. that wouldn't include flashpoints,ops,pvp instances, mission instances, space, & other planets. a lot of variables there that could effect those numbers tremendously.

Edited by Caesar

I agree. that wouldn't include flashpoints,ops,pvp instances, mission instances, space, & other planets. a lot of variables there that could effect those numbers tremendously.

I agree it's grossly inaccurate. It basically leaves out the entire grouping community. If you take what this claims is the most populated server and assume EVERY server is that populated, the entire total would be less than 150,000 people playing this game now. Even the "this game is dying" crowd isn't claiming the game dropped from 2 million subs to 100,000.

The main problem is that each server has an ebb and flow of players, and the sample size (n=1, for you mathematically inclined types) is waaaaay to small to be anything other than anecdotal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Dulfy's work - s/he put in a helluva lot of effort getting that wide of a spread.

So I've been similarly inspired to collect my own data. For one, I'm not interested *where* people are in most cases. I've broken my analysis down into 10-level bands, 41-49, 50, and Ilum.

Results are here: http:// https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodDlvU05lQ3o2S3ZrYU9SYjRwM29OSnc#gid=0

If you'd like to enter information for your own, you may do so here: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=433241&TabID=3813820

The data will be freely available for anyone who wants to look at it.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne