Listening to Message Boards=Doom of any MMO PvP

Bloodguard

There was a time long ago where message boards like this did not exist. MMOs would run the same way for years. You thought "X" class was better than you, you played it. You thought this trick or that bug favored you, you used it. You thought this terrain or that favored your class, you fought in it.

Anyone know what pumice is? Training? Ganking? Bind camping? That was real pvp. Not the nursery atmosphere we have today. You didn't like someone you killed them or got your pals and killed them. Over and over.

Not anymore. Today if you don't like something...if you cry loud enough, maybe the devs will fix it for you and make it all better. And if they don't you will take your toys and go home.

It has come to a point where actual strategy, risk and advantage of surprise is slowly being removed in favor of a whole list of people just crying about how they suck and everyone else is OP.

If you don't believe me, just look at the top 15 pages of threads:

Sorc Bubble is OP

Powertech Pull into starting area is OP

Hidden strike is OP

Sorc speed is OP in huttball

Ilum sucks

Ilum is too good

Ilum sucks again

Sweep is too OP

Sorcs are too OP

Healing is too OP

Healing is too underpwoered

Expertise is too OP

PvE gear is too OP

Damage classes are too OP

Ranged classes are too OP

Stuns are too OP

Mercs are too OP

"Everyclass but me" is too OP

Frozen Shockwater is too OP

PvP gear is too OP

Fresh level 50s are too underpowered

Bags suck

Bags still suck

Bags are too good.

I like random bags

I hate random bags

I dont get enough medals

Stims are too OP

Adrenals are too OP

Medpacks are too OP

Ganking me while leveling is mean!

I could go on and on. Fact is that if a company actually listens to what its players complain about....they will complain more. Because players think that is the way to get their toon the most bennies. Seen it destroy more than one MMO. SWG was certainly one.

If you actually like the game you are playing, coming here and crying is a horrible way to address it.

This thread will probably get locked in the same carebear, catering to 12 year old mentality that has plagued MMOs since EQ1 died.

Until then grow some stones.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can further drive your point if you can also link the posts to all of those subjects.

Overall, logical minds will agree. Irrational minds will continue to QQ about things that don't benefit them directly. These logical posts will not change their minds.

Ilum kills not counting either needs to be addressed or they need to elaborate at how it works. "Fixing valor exploit" isn't enough of an explanation for a lot of people, and there are no visual debuffs that would tell why we aren't getting valor.

WoW operated on a rolling nerf cycle pushed by the forums.

And they were pretty popular.

Fact is, if you listen to the whiners, they actually are placated. They may whine about something else, but they won't quit.

Ignore them - and they will.

Edited by EternalFinality

Okay cool Ilums fine and working then:rolleyes:

You don't like it don't play it. BW will figure it out and then adjust it. I am sure they know. But dozens of cancellation posts...cmon now.

The hate spewed here is over the top. Adapt and overcome or stop pvping IMO.

WoW operated on a rolling nerf cycle pushed by the forums.

And they were pretty popular.

Fact is, if you listen to the whiners, they actually are placated. They may whine about something else, but they won't quit.

Ignore them - and they will.

WoW is not popular because it has catered to the whining on the pvp forums. You will never convince me of that.

You don't like it don't play it. BW will figure it out and then adjust it. I am sure they know. But dozens of cancellation posts...cmon now.

I'm not thats why I'm here... And no I'm not cancelling but their doing a good job at putting those nails in the coffin

If you think ganking and spawn camping lowbies is "real PvP" then I'm glad you'll be moving on soon.

Not really, but I figured out how to deal with it instead of begging in the forums for it to stop.

What will happen when....and this is coming folks....whole towns get rolled in SWTOR? I will bet you will see crying here like never before. I already go into bases and kill people now.

The empire on many servers will soon just go into bases and simply wipe it out. And what should be something hailed as something that is natural in a "WAR" will instead bring throngs of people here who thought the words "pvp server" means "fairness".

WoW is not popular because it has catered to the whining on the pvp forums. You will never convince me of that.

WoW is popular, but it's not awesome anymore. They catered to... yes, that. They also catered to making a game where people can spill their droolcup and still be safe from the electric fence.

Your posts are great except for one thing... they want you to PAY for the product, and PAY for SERVICE. How would you "adapt and overcome" if you just bought a new car and it did not run? No company can survive if they don't listen to their clients. Then you say "You don't like it, don't play it." and you are wondering why there are so many cancellation posts? Do you live in a communist country or something?

WoW is popular, but it's not awesome anymore. They catered to... yes, that. They also catered to making a game where people can spill their droolcup and still be safe from the electric fence.

I remember when PvP servers meant no rules. None. You fought your way up and sometimes you had a helluva time getting there but when you hit max level and fought for gear you earned it.

Now you kill someone and are creative about it, using terrain, special abilities and circumstances to your advantage you are some horrible person.

PvP is not an organized duel. You can do that on your own.

Your posts are great except for one thing... they want you to PAY for the product, and PAY for SERVICE. How would you "adapt and overcome" if you just bought a new car and it did not run? No company can survive if they don't listen to their clients. Then you say "You don't like it, don't play it." and you are wondering why there are so many cancellation posts? Do you live in a communist country or something?

Ilum is probably not working as it should. Granted. But I think BW knows that. You wanna cancel, I am not saying you shouldn't. But beating a dead horse is not constructive either.

My post is more aimed at the stream of "X" class is OP threads. Or people whining about tactics. I am just sick of em. Literally every class has been mentioned multiple times now.

The whole front page is saturated with people who have grown up in a mentality WoW helped create where "wahhh"= right, not might=right.

cancellation posts are just attention whoring. no one cares if you are cancelling, just do it and s t f u