Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

I'm not even a crafter but I already have 2 full bays of purely crafting materials on my main, let alone across all my alts... 5 bays won't even come close to cutting it.

Please tell me how Legacy Storage is so amazing now, I've got way more space spread across my alts than just that and Legacy gear is already super easy to keep one one character.

Really, if it can't even fit all of a crafters materials what's it good for? And for 50 million credits total? Can just start another lvl 1 character, instant 5 tabs (for free).

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, 50M makes sense for a GUILD BATTLESHIP.

For a Legacy Wide storage? NOPE.

^^

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1341996135552762_animate.gif

They could have at least added the same kind of options that Guild Banks offer but no... Here's hoping that in the future they'll reconsider and even so, 50 million STILL(!!!) sounds like a ripoff.

I was hoping materials would be treated in a manner that wouldn't take up a storage unit slot, sorta a commendations like counter.

As it stands with these prices it's not really super useful past the 1st tab for legacy gear and event currencies. Would be hard pressed to fit everything from all the alts on 5 tabs and sure as heck not paying 50mil for the privilege to try so tnx but no tnx.

I'm not even a crafter but I already have 2 full bays of purely crafting materials on my main, let alone across all my alts... 5 bays won't even come close to cutting it.

Please tell me how Legacy Storage is so amazing now, I've got way more space spread across my alts than just that and Legacy gear is already super easy to keep one one character.

Really, if it can't even fit all of a crafters materials what's it good for? And for 50 million credits total? Can just start another lvl 1 character, instant 5 tabs (for free).

^ This...

I have, between my 6 full time crafting mule toons... 30 bays completely full of mats... I've started selling mats because they just overflow...

5 bays of Legacy storage? For crafters? Useless... unless the stack size is increased to 9,999, it won't help...

At 50 million credits, it isn't even a consideration...

Complete nonstarter...

This does sound very bad if deliberate. They figured out something everyone wants that is easy to provide and now they're going to milk us for it as much as conceptually possible. Unless 50 million credits is going to be relatively easy to make after the next expansion...

Legacy Storage It's quite the QoL improvement.

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for. :)

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for. :)

Sure, but you miss the point...

Why bother earning all those credits, just to buy something that will help you... earn all those credits?

It is a big circle...

I would have to craft thousands of items to earn enough profit to pay for this. Why not just... NOT CRAFT THEM and leave it as it is?

The single free bay is probably enough for stims and a few bits of legacy gear... I could unlock 1 more I suppose, but the real value is mats...

5 bays might be overkill for stims and medpacs and legacy gear, it is extreme underkill for crafting...

The price also makes it pointless, I'm better off not crafting at all, than trying to raise the funds for this.

I have the credits to buy the full unlock 4 times, but in truth, there is no point, 5 tabs is simply not enough, so no point paying for something that is half arsed.

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for.

Er.... what?

All I'm reading is "I'm totally loaded and have more money than I know what to do with, yay for expensive things!"

This is a freaking game, I don't think we need "You can get 5 Cargo Bays slightly different to regular bays for a fortune". I think CC wise it was 10,000 CC for the final bay or something?

Personally I don't think I'll use the first tab for much at all except what I'm already using a regular bay for: Legacy currency I need to shuffle around. That's kinda it. No Bound items, no real amount of mats.... so very little this can be used for.

I'm sure not going to pay 50 mil for 5 bays I can hardly use.

Edited by Transairion

FYI: As someone said I sound like someone who can afford it but I can't. I am one of the poor ones. I know people who could afford it 20 times over but they have so far refused to relinquish their capital to my care. Today, I can't afford 5 tabs. So I will get one tab. I am poor. Please donate generously. No limit donations hereby opened.

Besides, for me, just one Legacy Storage Tab is a QoL improvement. I am not going to spend 50 mil for 5 Tabs. All in all, for me, it's a minor QoL improvement and nothing more. I can, for an example, keep BoL tokens there (such as Gree or Rakghoul ones) and things like Cartel Certificates. I would of course keep things I craft there (currently 180 items) if there would be Legacy Storage access from the fleet (no?). Alas. I am most likely going to work to get my Legacy Storage and Housing solutions maxed out with no specific time frame. I consider it an ongoing process unlike many wet noodles who seem to feelwronged by BW just because they can't max everything immediately with what they happen to have at that the time update goes live.

:rolleyes:

Don't worry, you can unlock the other 4 tabs for the low low price of $80 via cartel coins! 80 whole f-ing dollars, screw you too Bioware.

First they reduce (and almost remove) the value of legacy storage by telling us that we can't put cosmetic BoP/BoE items in it. Then we can't have more than a stack of 99 of mats, and now they want to charge us $80 for it. No one is going to spend 50m creds or $80 when its cheaper to just mail mats around. I really cannot believe you Bioware, I really can't.

Edited by theSCARAYone

The bigger point is the utility isn't worth the price, and it's not even close.

Today I have plenty of cargo hold storage because I bought 3 account-wide tabs from the GTN and spent well under a million credits doing that. 3 tabs x 22 characters (yep) is 66 tabs for under a million.

Now they don't have the utility of legacy storage, which would allow me to place materials in there from one character and use them to craft on another. But I still have to log in the source character, put stuff into the bank, log out, log in the crafter, and run the craft.

The alternative is what I've been doing for 2.5 years. Log in the source character, send 8 stacks of stuff to the crafter via mail for 5 credits, log out, log in the crafter, open the mail, and craft stuff.

Basically, legacy storage saves me a portion of the the mail part of the process.

That minuscule amount of utility sure as heck isn't worth 50 million credits or $80.

Compare that to other legacy purchases:

• 3 Cargo Hold Tabs on 22 characters for < 1 million
  • Rocket Boost III on 22 characters for < 3 million
  • Speeder Piloting I 15 levels early for 40k each character

For the low low price of 200 million credits or a couple hundred dollars, you can get 4 full legacy bays. What a bargain; amirite.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

One thing is the access points for the Legacy Storage; Quite another is the number of bays you unlock.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

One thing is the access points for the Legacy Storage; Quite another is the number of bays you unlock.

Maybe I misunderstood them but I thought they said that each stronghold has a separate legacy cargo hold. The Nar Shadda stronghold storage is separate from the Courscant stronghold storage and so on. If each stronghold had 5 total bays available for purchase, the total cost would 200 million credits.

I suppose since you are on PTS you would know this better than I, feel free to correct me.

Either way, 50 million credits for 5 bays ain't worth it.

Edited by Nickious

Well, I fear I must finally admit defeat and join the "legacy storage is a complete waste of time" crowd. I didn't agree with the ones who wanted it to be a way of circumventing binding, but I unfortunately find myself on the same side as them now.

One by one the folks who are happy with the system seem to be falling by the wayside.

Maybe I misunderstood them but I thought they said that each stronghold has a separate legacy cargo hold. The Nar Shadda stronghold storage is separate from the Courscant stronghold storage and so on. If each stronghold had 5 total bays available for purchase, the total cost would 200 million credits.

I suppose since you are on PTS you would know this better than I, feel free to correct me.

Either way, 50 million credits for 5 bays ain't worth it.

Each stronghold needs its own access point, but they all link to the same legacy storage.

The bigger point is the utility isn't worth the price, and it's not even close.

Today I have plenty of cargo hold storage because I bought 3 account-wide tabs from the GTN and spent well under a million credits doing that. 3 tabs x 22 characters (yep) is 66 tabs for under a million.

Now they don't have the utility of legacy storage, which would allow me to place materials in there from one character and use them to craft on another. But I still have to log in the source character, put stuff into the bank, log out, log in the crafter, and run the craft.

The alternative is what I've been doing for 2.5 years. Log in the source character, send 8 stacks of stuff to the crafter via mail for 5 credits, log out, log in the crafter, open the mail, and craft stuff.

Basically, legacy storage saves me a portion of the the mail part of the process.

That minuscule amount of utility sure as heck isn't worth 50 million credits or $80.

Compare that to other legacy purchases:

• 3 Cargo Hold Tabs on 22 characters for < 1 million
  • Rocket Boost III on 22 characters for < 3 million
  • Speeder Piloting I 15 levels early for 40k each character

pretty much this, except I don't even buy speeder piloting 1 anymore, becasue as subscriber, its only 5 levels early. I can deal with those 5 levels easily enough, especially with rocket boosts and the cost difference is substantial for very minor IMO added convenience of having it 5 levels early.

honestly - I'm not lacking for space. I still have characters with 3-4 of their cargo holds completely empty. legacy storage was supposed to be minor convenience fix. oh well. I may just end up optimizing my current system slightly better instead. small effort and no extra cost.

I did want legacy storage. but at current cost its not even remotely worth it.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Those who want to use it, will use it.

Those that don't, won't.

I fail to see what all the histrionics are all about.

A feature that many have wanted for a very long time has been rendered useless and pointless...

They might as well not have even added it...

Epic fail...