IF you are a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior you are expected to carry the team.

NathanielStarr

Yes you should be able to carry the team even if you are a Juggernaut, Marauder, Jedi Guardian or Sentinel because you have so many tools at your disposal to handle every situation.

You should be able to hold off multiple enemies while protecting a node alone, at least long enough for help to arrive when you call for it.

You should be able to kill any other non Jedi Knight/SIth Warrior class in one on one, at least most of the time.

You should be able to get within the top 3 damage on your team

You should have the fewest deaths on your team

You should be able to get within the top 3 number of kills on your team

If you are not able to do this with a Jedi Knight or Sith Marauder you need to L2P

This includes any level within pre-50 PvP and unless you are against all other Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors then you should for the most part outshine the rest of the classes. Most people do out perform all but the very best players on the other classes. An average Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight is almost equal to a good of any other class with the possible exception of Powertech.

Apart from having the least deaths on your team I agree.... but given that JKs/SWs are pretty much the frontline they guaranteed to have a high death rate even if you don't over extend much. Of course however. you can carry games on EVERY class. So don't use this as an excuse for you losing games because your JK's/SW's don't carry you. Carry yourself noob.

And in return you get the most comms and MVP votes.

The healers on the other hand get the least comms and, at least sub 50, get the least MVP as well,.

They are also expected to keep everyone alive even though they run out of range (force leap in your case) and in all different directions, often to the enemy back lines forcing you to let them die, or stand in the middle of the opposition melee to provide heals and shields.

No complaints from me as I play all classes, just trying to put some perspective as to the different tasks and understanding that its a team game and each function has its issues, drawbacks, strengths and weaknesses.

As to Knight/Warrior expectations - they are currently the most OP classes and some of the easiest to play, and so of course the expectation is higher, play a commando/mercenary and you will have less pressure from expectations if you cant handle it.

As to Knight/Warrior expectations - they are currently the most OP classes and some of the easiest to play, and so of course the expectation is higher, play a commando/mercenary and you will have less pressure from expectations if you cant handle it.

Commando/Merc is even easier to play and carry fine in your average pug vs pug game. They have a little more trouble in RWZ though.

Commando/Merc is even easier to play and carry fine in your average pug vs pug game. They have a little more trouble in RWZ though.

Gonna have to disagree. Commando's do not have the utility needed to make them "easier" than a Warrior to be effective. I think the biggest problem I've seen is the general pvp community sees Commando's as a free kill. So even if we're not, you'll often get 2-3 jumpers on you, because they think you are.

Not saying Commando's aren't decent or viable, but If I see 3 commando's in squad I don't think "Oh ya, easy match." I do tend to think that when I see 1 jugg and 2 mauraders (and 80% of the time, it's true.)

It's been widely acknowledged that commando/merc performance in high-level PvP is broken due to poor class design. BW has pretty much acknowledged this and indicated that improvements are on the way (i.e. a viable escape mechanic). Also, they're very vulnerable to interrupts, have no movement buff, are effectively a handicapped melee class due to inability to maintain range, and are generally lacking the group utility of the other Advanced Classes. Edited by klham

Yes you should be able to carry the team even if you are a Juggernaut, Marauder, Jedi Guardian or Sentinel because you have so many tools at your disposal to handle every situation.

You should be able to hold off multiple enemies while protecting a node alone, at least long enough for help to arrive when you call for it.

You should be able to kill any other non Jedi Knight/SIth Warrior class in one on one, at least most of the time.

If you are not able to do this with a Jedi Knight or Sith Marauder you need to L2P

This includes any level within pre-50 PvP and unless you are against all other Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors then you should for the most part outshine the rest of the classes. Most people do out perform all but the very best players on the other classes. An average Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight is almost equal to a good of any other class with the possible exception of Powertech.

While i second that with a smile, im not all for putting guadians and juggs in one boat.

Check.

Hm ... I only have Battlemaster Gear right now but can hold myself against War Hero geared playxers, so let's say: Check.

You should be able to get within the top 3 damage on your team.

Non-Check, I play as Tank im PvP.

Non-Check, as I shield my Team-members with Guard, I soak up tons of damage, which results often in a death from my side, when the healer's busy keeping our damage dealers alive.

So I need to half-way need to L2P.

And in return you get the most comms and MVP votes.

The healers on the other hand get the least comms and, at least sub 50, get the least MVP as well.

I'm really on the wrong server then ... The MVPs I ever see, are never awared to the Tank, DD or objective-player, but to the afk-healer that comboed him-/herself with "noble sacrifice/consumption + heal" to over ~400.000 points...

love the sarcasm OP... wonderfully said.... this thread is perfect for the fact that juggs/guards are way OP then they use to.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING BIOWARE buffing them up... you took away relic buffs and adrenals.... with the excuse of taking away the once in awhile burst...

then you OVERBUFF and give them that SAME BURST permanently.

5000+, 6000+ and 7000+ from smash. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BIOWARE. you get 2 juggs and a maurader training everybody... nobody is gonna be left standing with that much damage. Whats even worse... ITS AOE...

LOL you made an AOE damage do way more then a single shot... dont you guys know how to balance a damn game.

I actually agree that Guardians/Juggs and Sents/Maras are in a stupidly good position atm, having one of each at 50 myself I especially feel I bring so much to the table as a Marauder. One thing I disagree with though, is that they're that strong at the lower levels. Actually if I see a Sent/Marauder on either of my lower level characters, I pretty much consider him a free kill. I might just fight very bad maras and sents, but I soo love going against them pre-50.

Edited by Luxidenstore

I actually agree that Guardians/Juggs and Sents/Maras are in a stupidly good position atm, having one of each at 50 myself I especially feel I bring so much to the table as a Marauder. One thing I disagree with though, is that they're that strong at the lower levels. Actually if I see a Sent/Marauder on either of my lower level characters, I pretty much consider him a free kill. I might just fight very bad maras and sents, but I soo love going against them pre-50.

So true they are easy to kill pre 50 while commandos are gods (atleast on Gav Daragon)