What I like about swtor, and what you like as well

Strixs

Please all tell me only what you like about Star Wars :TOR and what you hope to see more of in the future that you will like. Keep it clean, keep it friendly, and do not mention anything you dislike as that would be off topic.

Few of my favorites.

#1. I enjoy the action and hatred of the republic vs empire. How they are both right and wrong at the same time and how just two different view points can hold trillions of lives in the balance.

Future: i would like to see more play on the hatred and continually assault on each world. It would be cool to participate in world changing events. Such as, on republic side there is a mass call to all current online lvl# to lvl# players. A story holo appears to participate and teleport into a mass local group/ops quest.

The emperials are making a play on alderaan with an assortment of local leaders and miners. With the resources of troops and money given to these leaders and miners they have made a base of operations. A stronghold of sorts. To not start a all out war. We are charged with using subterfuge and hiring gunsforhire and mercs to take out this base of operation. If the empire catches wind of our interference they may use it against us. So be wary. We need to hire you to go in and take them out. Once we have the base we must convert it blablablablalba.......

and then we get it for the week and then the next weekend there is event for empire to take it back or what have you.

Either way it would be nice to have group quests where things spawn and you can quick travel to. On multiple worlds as well. Making large ops. so on and so forth. and once you take it there is PVE republic that spawn that you can interact with perhaps and gain faction/standing and so on. The idea's just keep rolling.

#2. I enjoy how this game because it has so much room to grow. How you can make a story line from anywhere. The galaxy is your oyster. Where anything is possible almost. Through science or force.

How no matter whether your just a street thug who becomes the best smuggler in the galaxy.

Or how your a slave can become a force of wrath.

Future: Continue with class story line. Add in more side stories and events so on.

#3. I enjoyed the hutt cartel expansion. I enjoyed beating up a hutt and his many cronies it was fun. And i enjoy breaking into their bases to stop them or help them (ie hutta BH missions)

Future: Allow for more strategic pvp games. Involving hutts. Allow the hutts bases to be assaulted by either faction. in either 4 man / 8 man / 12 man scenarios. Then the other faction is payed in someway to try and save them. Much like you have to take time to break down a base from the outside to the inside. Break walls. Set bombs. Take down turrets. (like in gw2/warhammer/ect/ect) Add that in for flair and fun. Either way you gain rep/standing pvp points. So on.

#4. I like huttball. I like it a lot. I like it more then "american football" irl.

Future: Lets say you have a flat arena in a warehouse where there is pillars and boxes everywhere. Your mission is to take the ball to the opposing teams line. However there is of course tricks and traps. Make it like rugby even. or even like mini games where your not even using your skills. But perhaps just using force tricks/devices to trip each other up. Or keep it like a pvp game what have you either way more sport like pvp events would be hilarious. Especially where it has the whole galaxy in a tizzy over who wins and so forth. Crowds cheering and jeering.

Edited by Strixs

I like this thread first of all. +1

I like a ton of stuff about SWTOR:

#1 Story/Universe/Lore: It doesn't matter if you like or don't like the story, bottom line is this game has an incredibly deep and multi-faceted story. It can be very predictable, and incredibly surprising. The lore and universe expand beyond the game and I don't think I will ever stop enjoying the work and attention that was put in to this epic expansion pack for the Star Wars universe as a whole.

I would like to see the story of the war continue, and I'm looking forward to the moment when the Empire Strikes Back. I think new planets would be welcome, but I would also really enjoy seeing expansions upon existing ground environments. Some quests already bring high level players back to old planets, why not add entire level 55 endgame areas to some more of these places. After all,

the war starts back up after Act 2, why not have some OPvPvE areas on planets like Alderaan, Quesh, Tattoine that are only accessible to 50-55s

#2 Infinite potential: Well, you could probably say this about most MMOs. This game is still young (not yet 2yo) and since launch it has evolved to be a very different and enjoyable creature. The devs continually put out new content and fine tune existing content, and I look forward to seeing what the future will bring. As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like to see more randomization in the game in terms of mobs/environments. Random dungeons would be a cool thing to add to really test players on the basis of teamwork, instead of just their ability to memorize a scenario.

#3 Gear/Customization: Keep new stuff coming. I don't care if it has to be from the Cartel Market or whatever, as long as I can get it somehow it's awesome. The collections system is great and with every pack and new reputation faction there is cool new stuff to fiddle around with. The dyes helped a lot. every day I see some piece of gear that I'm like "I'd like to add that to my PvE set" or whatever.

I'd like to see "Collections" expanded to include things that aren't part of the Cartel Market. I've been collecting gear since launch, and it would be cool to have some of those orange pieces that I picked up in Flashpoints or from quests to show up in my collection screen also.

There are a lot of other things I like about SWTOR, and very few things I don't. I didn't touch on mechanics because obviously, since I've been around since launch, I'm happy about the way the game plays. My final thought is, always expand the ability of the player to customize, and show off their customization.

I like Space Battles. There. I said it.

Mainly because (as enjoyable as they are to me) I see so much potential for them going forward. PVP space battles with free movement is a great start, and I really hope PVE is on the horizon: Smugglers finally allowed to smuggle s*** and execute blockade runs; Agents allowed to infiltrate vessels in space; Bounty Hunters able to track targets through the stars (with chases through asteroid fields!); Consulars sent on diplomatic missions to friendly and enemy ships, with the potential for ambushes or negotiations turning physical.

I'm glad to see Bioware is putting more of the Star into Star Wars, and I hope the PVP addition is just the start :)

Also! Imagine Ops in space! Players working together to take down an Imperial Dreadnought! *Swoon*

Edited by -Silver-

Planets!

Korriban and Tattoine were my favorite long time until i subbed few days ago and flew to makeb. I saw little bit before on twitch but still i got surprised how beautifull this planet is! The canyon like theme with these islands is really cool and love how its all highly in the air especially stations.

Exploring: The favorite part of the Swtor for me is exploring planets! But not just following main roads but climbing and using abilitys to reach higher ground often getting into forbidden areas where all kinds of terrain glitches appear. But its so fun for me to find these! (Jawaloon is also superfun)

Here is my newly discovered and favorite map secret:

On gravity hook seven on Makeb u can get on top of that edge wall that is all around blocking people to fall off, (you can only get on it from right or left side of taxi pad elsewhere its invisible wall) after your on the wall u can easly walk around and walk to that ropes that are attached to far away islands! And it leads to many cool and fun places!

http://i.imgur.com/P06M3Mm.pnghttp://

I really think this game has BEST maps in all mmos and iv played tons of em both free and pay2play.

Edited by kolikoqwe

Well, now I have more time on my hands! Yay.

1. It's Star Wars. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I enjoy running around as a Jedi Knight.

2. The story. I love the story Bioware made, I enjoyed the Jedi Knight arc and the Smuggler arc is fun too.

3. The Operations. I enjoy the games Ops, mainly because every Op and every fight in those Ops has a different feel to it, and its a great sense of accomplishment you get when you beat an entire Operation and get to say: "I mastered those bosses!"

I like Space Battles. There. I said it.

Mainly because (as enjoyable as they are to me) I see so much potential for them going forward. PVP space battles with free movement is a great start, and I really hope PVE is on the horizon: Smugglers finally allowed to smuggle s*** and execute blockade runs; Agents allowed to infiltrate vessels in space; Bounty Hunters able to track targets through the stars (with chases through asteroid fields!); Consulars sent on diplomatic missions to friendly and enemy ships, with the potential for ambushes or negotiations turning physical.

I'm glad to see Bioware is putting more of the Star into Star Wars, and I hope the PVP addition is just the start :)

Also! Imagine Ops in space! Players working together to take down an Imperial Dreadnought! *Swoon*

I'm glad someone is not afraid to admit it. I played a lot of space battles when I started over a year ago, then stopped for a while, but recently picked it back up after GS was announced. They are really a lot of fun, and I find the Heroic ones very challenging. I've been working on my fleet rep and space rewards lately.

Your ideas for expanding on space are pretty cool. I hope the goal for this and all elements of the game is eventually finding ways to move more seamlessly between them. The easier it is to move between space, PvE, PvP, exploration, crafting , the more integrated the experience, the better. I have high hopes for the future as well.

Planets!

Korriban and Tattoine were my favorite long time until i subbed few days ago and flew to makeb. I saw little bit before on twitch but still i got surprised how beautifull this planet is! The canyon like theme with these islands is really cool and love how its all highly in the air especially stations.

Exploring: The favorite part of the Swtor for me is exploring planets! But not just following main roads but climbing and using abilitys to reach higher ground often getting into forbidden areas where all kinds of terrain glitches appear. But its so fun for me to find these! (Jawaloon is also superfun)

Here is my newly discovered and favorite map secret:

On gravity hook seven on Makeb u can get on top of that edge wall that is all around blocking people to fall off, (you can only get on it from right or left side of taxi pad elsewhere its invisible wall) after your on the wall u can easly walk around and walk to that ropes that are attached to far away islands! And it leads to many cool and fun places!

http://i.imgur.com/P06M3Mm.pnghttp://

I really think this game has BEST maps in all mmos and iv played tons of em both free and pay2play.

I really enjoy most of the planets too. Like you, Korriban and Tattooine are my favorites, followed closely by Nar Shadaa and Voss (the planet, not the people so much). I also really enjoyed Hoth and Ilum.

I love the stories, and all the different characters you get to meet in the arcs. I'm particularly fond of SW and IA story.

I'm also enjoying that we can customize our things a lot more now than we could at the start. I still remember the days, where only darkside-ers could have red lightsaber crystals, and when there wasn't much variety to look how you wanted to look. I'm glad that's changed, because costuming my toons is one of my greater joys here. I have so much fun with that.