Sith Inquisitor Spoilers... In-Game?!

TheDarkPrime

So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.

So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.

This must happen to everyone at L47 now.

I'm still pretty new to the game and when my Jedi Knight hit L47 the same exact thing happened to me........I was hijacked to Makeb and the Supreme Chancellor commended me for killing the Emperor!?! I posted in general chat I couldn't believe this game had built in spoilers and the response was just to make fun of me.

I'm sorry but if by lvl 47 as a JK you don't realize you're going to kill the Emperor you kind of earned that laughter. It's on the same lvl as being surprised by the SW and SI end bosses. I mean really.

That said Makeb really should have a confirmation with a little box that tells you this might spoil the end of your class story do you wish to proceed.

Yeah, I remember doing that with my Juggernaut as well. I am the Wrath. Ooook, what does that mean? That at least wan't really a spoiler, as I had no clue what it meant anyways. Now I know better than to click on my holo-terminal with high level characters if I'm not done the class story yet.

Although i understand the issues... but

HONESTLY if you CAN'T tell who your final boss is by the start of the 3rd Act, you deserve to have that smacked in your face. Like you have to be REALLY oblivious to not know who it will be by the end of the second Act.

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!

I'm sorry but if by lvl 47 as a JK you don't realize you're going to kill the Emperor you kind of earned that laughter. It's on the same lvl as being surprised by the SW and SI end bosses. I mean really.

That said Makeb really should have a confirmation with a little box that tells you this might spoil the end of your class story do you wish to proceed.

This is false. Everything would tell you that yes, this is leading up to a confrontation with the Emperor. However I have been surprised by Bioware throwing in plot twists before (and frankly I always hope for these since good 'ol generic good vs evil stores are so easy to predict) and as the game is still ongoing (since it is an MMO) for all I knew I was going to "beat" him only to find out he didn't really die and popped up somewhere else. So really it was only a spoiler in that it was a disappointment that my storyline was going to for sure go the predictable path and throw me no curves.

My main issue for it is just how poorly conceived it was on the developer's part to trigger Makeb in this fashion..........I mean were they even thinking AT ALL?? A developer placed built-in spoiler just seems so cheap and poorly thought out........there I was putzing around in Chapter 2 and suddenly I'm getting congratulated for killing the Emperor, seems legit thanks Devs.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.

+1. I think this is a legitimate complaint and a bug that should be fixed. Maybe Makeb should be 50 restricted content?"

- Arcada

+1. I think this is a legitimate complaint and a bug that should be fixed. Maybe Makeb should be 50 restricted content?"

- Arcada

I think it would make more sense to simply require you to have finished chapter 3 before the conversation is available, regardless of level. My first character hit 55 on Voss. Which means the stuff in that conversation would have still been a spoiler when I was at 55.

I'm now done the class story, but still haven't started Makeb yet, as I want to play through the planets in the order they were intended, so I am now working on Illum.

This is false. Everything would tell you that yes, this is leading up to a confrontation with the Emperor. However I have been surprised by Bioware throwing in plot twists before (and frankly I always hope for these since good 'ol generic good vs evil stores are so easy to predict) and as the game is still ongoing (since it is an MMO) for all I knew I was going to "beat" him only to find out he didn't really die and popped up somewhere else. So really it was only a spoiler in that it was a disappointment that my storyline was going to for sure go the predictable path and throw me no curves.

My main issue for it is just how poorly conceived it was on the developer's part to trigger Makeb in this fashion..........I mean were they even thinking AT ALL?? A developer placed built-in spoiler just seems so cheap and poorly thought out........there I was putzing around in Chapter 2 and suddenly I'm getting congratulated for killing the Emperor, seems legit thanks Devs.

Why would that end with anything else? Your whole plan in act 3 is getting resources together to take him down that and stop him from blowing up planets. Not to mention you did the same thing in act 2 (attempt to redeem him mind) only it backfired. The twist occurred in act 2. (Plus you beating him and him popping up somewhere else doesn't have to be instant. He could pop back up after Makeb occurred). BW's plot twists tend to have some foreshadowing. There is no foreshadowing that the JK isn't going to end up fighting the emperor.

That said I agree with you there needs to be a warning and a confirmation. But being surprised by act 3 bosses at lvl 47? No. Only class I believe even has a smidge of a excuse to be surprised is MAYBE IA. But JK, JC, SW, SI? No. They beat you over the head with you the final boss is by Voss.

Edited by Raynezazki

Wouldn't hitting the ESCAPE key cancel the cinematic and allow you to return to Makeb later to start the cinematic again? You do get plenty of time to hit the button before anything is spoiled, right?

Well if I had any idea that Makeb was the expansion planet, maybe I would have done that. But I surely didn't anticipate being sent to the new planet at level 47. And to the other hater response: yes, I knew *spoilers* Thannaton was the main boss but I did not know what was going to happen. I didn't kill Zash, did I? No. So how would I have known Than was going to die & I would take over. Spoilers in-game are not acceptable.

Well if I had any idea that Makeb was the expansion planet, maybe I would have done that. But I surely didn't anticipate being sent to the new planet at level 47. And to the other hater response: yes, I knew *spoilers* Thannaton was the main boss but I did not know what was going to happen. I didn't kill Zash, did I? No. So how would I have known Than was going to die & I would take over. Spoilers in-game are not acceptable.

I never said the identity of the last boss was a surprise. I fully expected it to be the Emperor the whole time even when I was level *********** 1.

The whole problem I have is that I was going to Hoth (or leaving Hoth?? don't remember) in Act 2 at l47 and I got a message congratulating me on killing the Emperor which completely took out any hope I had for a surprise or twist ending and I can't believe how this never occurred to the developers and why it hasn't been fixed yet even though it would be pretty simple.

Spoilers in game are not acceptable.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

After a certain amount of time has passed it's not a spoiler anymore.

While I get what you are saying, the devs really should try not to build spoilers into the game, because if someone doesn't know how the story ends (details rather than outline(anyone can spot the general outline)) they won't be happy with a glowing terminal that ruins it if they click on it.

I had the same scene with my Sith Warrior. I spoiled myself, so I naturally knew how the game ended, but for the love of Captain Protocol, I was still at Act 2! (I'm a subscriber doing all the quests, overlevelled on rest points and double XP weekend). I was still Darth Baras' apprentice!

So, I naturally thought I was getting some Act 2 plot stuff, I click on the terminal, and I get:

Random Darth I've never seen before: Hello, so you just killed Darth Baras?

Me: WHAT?

Random Darth: Congratulations on becoming the Wrath of the Emperor, by the way.

Me: WHAT?!

Random Darth: It's too bad we almost lost the war to the Republic.

Me: Facepalm.

Same goes for some flashpoints: Revan's first flashpoint for Jedi Knight who hasn't yet finished Act 1 seems to spoil the twist, and upper(~Level 49) flashpoints call my Sith Warrior character the Wrath(while she still isn't one).

Then again, they still haven't fixed codex issues on Dromund Kaas. I doubt the developers will ever bother with this.

EDIT:

P.S. Snape kills Dumbledore.

Ha! Hermione dies in chapter 89.

Edited by Kulyok

While I get what you are saying, the devs really should try not to build spoilers into the game, because if someone doesn't know how the story ends (details rather than outline(anyone can spot the general outline)) they won't be happy with a glowing terminal that ruins it if they click on it.

Here's the problem. If they didn't have some sort of tie in there people would be complaining that the NPC's don't even recognize those who have completed the story.

At what point should a spoiler be allowed in the expansion? If this guy didn't get the information right away he would have kept on playing the expansion content until it popped up eventually.

The devs decided, rightly so, that after all this time it's ok to advance the story. Every MMO does it. If you log on to WoW tomorrow are you going to be pissed that Deathwing is dead and you didn't get to play thru the expansions 1 by and 1 and find out yourself?

Are you saying that the game auto-traveled your ship to Makeb even though you weren't done with the main questline?

Please tell me this isn't a consistent bug, I really don't feel like rushing through my main quest before hitting lvl 47.

Are you saying that the game auto-traveled your ship to Makeb even though you weren't done with the main questline?

Please tell me this isn't a consistent bug, I really don't feel like rushing through my main quest before hitting lvl 47.

Yes, that is exactly what happened. I clicked the holo-terminal at 47 and it started a conversation with Darth Marr, then instantly flew me to Makebb where Marr spoilered the ending of my 1-50 storyline. If you don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT CLICK THE HOLOTERMINAL after level 45. Make sure you pick up all your storyline quests before you reach that level.

Yes, that is exactly what happened. I clicked the holo-terminal at 47 and it started a conversation with Darth Marr, then instantly flew me to Makebb where Marr spoilered the ending of my 1-50 storyline. If you don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT CLICK THE HOLOTERMINAL after level 45. Make sure you pick up all your storyline quests before you reach that level.

I do 100% agree they need to fix it so you cant go to Makeb until you finish your main class story. Being able to do it out of order in a game so highly focused on the story is kinda silly.

Your holoterminal can "hold" more than one quest in it, so to speak. It is safe to click your holoterminal after level 45 if you have a quest specifically telling you to do so. That quest will take precedence. If, however, when you are done with the conversation, your holoterminal is still lit up with a triangle over it, and you have no quest in your log instructing you to use your holoterminal, then that is the Makeb quest marker and you should not click it.

I have taken characters to level 50 since ROTC came out and this is how I avoid any spoilers on them until I am ready.

Your holoterminal can "hold" more than one quest in it, so to speak. It is safe to click your holoterminal after level 45 if you have a quest specifically telling you to do so. That quest will take precedence. If, however, when you are done with the conversation, your holoterminal is still lit up with a triangle over it, and you have no quest in your log instructing you to use your holoterminal, then that is the Makeb quest marker and you should not click it.

I have taken characters to level 50 since ROTC came out and this is how I avoid any spoilers on them until I am ready.

Okay. I had thought that selecting your galaxy map automatically triggered a cutscene taking you to Makeb.

So just out of caution, has there been any reported bugs where even if you have a holoterminal objective in your main quest, the game circumvents it and triggers the Makeb cutscene instead?

The game sends you a mail specifically telling you that if you do this it will spoil the story of 1-50 for you. I get this on every toon I make. They do have a warning. Sorry you missed it though, that does really suck.