Solo Opinions - SPOILER TALK

Joluka

t' be fair, i was kinds confused as to why the Falcon looked different, but when the weird-*** nose thing was revealed to be the main escape pod, it made sense, also how we got to see Han earning the Life-Debt and the Sabacc game that won Han the Falcon all in one movie

That game wasn't true sabacc. No randomization, and a few other things missing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t' be fair, i was kinds confused as to why the Falcon looked different, but when the weird-*** nose thing was revealed to be the main escape pod, it made sense, also how we got to see Han earning the Life-Debt and the Sabacc game that won Han the Falcon all in one movie

I believe the concept of Chewie having a "Life debt" is gone. Chewie was 100% going to walk off a different direction right after the escape if Han didn't convince him about the ship. He was either going to lead or leave, not follow Han immediately. Han convinced him to follow him temporarily, not for life.

Later, Chewie left him to help the wookiee's escape Kessel and they discussed potentially parting ways there as well. He came back apparently because the job paid well.

Then, in TFA and TLJ, he stays with Rey and/or the Resistance after Han dies. He doesn't appear to be pushing a personal claim on the Falcon either. If this was truly a "life debt" situation, then he clearly could have left with the Falcon as a bare minimum of payment for 40+ years of work.

Watched the movie yesterday for the very first time.

I was right in my hesitation.

It's a good movie, but it's far too much dirty for my personal taste. Literally.

I'm waiting now for The Incredibles 2 instead.

Incredibles 2 was an excellent movie. I enjoyed Solo but that one was better.