APAC Closure Date

HyperAxiom

Just wondering if we could get some clarification regarding the email sent out today:

We wanted to inform you that we are one week away from consolidating our Asia Pacific servers into our current West Coast North American servers. The consolidation will take place next week on Tuesday, August 13th. (please check the forums for specific maintenance timing).

Firstly, thanks for finally getting the ball moving on this BUT... the email makes no frickin' sense. "Next Tuesday" is actually July 30th, not August 13th. Can we please get a definite confirmation; are the APAC servers closing this coming Tuesday (30th) or in three weeks (13th Aug)???

Your proof readers should be shot. :p

I have heard about this, but since I haven't got this email I am going to guess that the August date given is when they will be shut down, and they sent the email too early. They may have picked up on it and stopped it before it got sent to everyone and that's why I haven't got it yet.

Hey folks,

Just to clear up any confusion from the email yesterday, the consolidations are going to happen on August 13th as listed, which is quite a bit more than one week away. That actually gives you approximately three weeks before the consolidations happen.

Just to reiterate, the consolidation will happen in approximately three weeks on August 13th. Sorry for the confusion, thanks everyone!

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6594362#post6594362