If Jung Ma is freed, come to The Ebon Hawk: here's why...

FeralPug

Greetings from The Ebon Hawk!

I've been keeping an eye on your plight, and feeling bad that you guys are suffering with a less than ideally populated server.

If you do end up getting a transfer option (which I think is likely), I'd like to invite you to The Ebon Hawk. I'm a hardcore PVPer, and have been on TEH since pre-launch. We have a very active and competitive PVP community in both factions, and enjoy designated server-wide ranked nights on Monday and Wednesday. Ranked pops can also be grabbed frequently on weekend nights. Normal WZ's are rolling constantly, and you can start catching them as early as 8am EST when the dailies reset.

Why is the PVP community so strong on TEH? I think what happened is that many of us assumed that the RP servers tend to support a more mature community, but a large number of us were surprised with how engaging PVP was in SWTOR. The PVP community on TEH grew, and has supported some friendly but very competitive rivalries between PVP guilds. The factions are well balanced right now, and depending on the day/WZ matchup you can expect the unexpected in your WZ's.

I think a lot folks just assume that TEH is for RPers and PVEers only, but I just wanted to let you know about our thriving PVP community. We're more populated than the PVP servers now according to the server list during prime time. Obviously, more PVPers are always welcome which is why I'm posting here.

Having played against some PVP-server players on the large test server, I will also say that the caliber of TEH PVPers is as high as it is anywhere in the game.

Anyway, just giving you Jung Ma'ers a heads up regarding what you could expect on The Ebon Hawk. Hope to see you at some point in the near future, and hope that whatever shape it comes in you guys get to enjoy the kind of active PVP community we have been enjoying on The Ebon Hawk.

What about world PVP? That's a key difference in our servers and why I prefer PVP servers.

Great point. The hardcore PVPers on TEH are most definitely focused on rated WZ's over world PVP.

When Ilum was "working" (poor choice of wording??), it was absolutely hot on The Ebon Hawk pretty much from when the server reset, till late at night. When Ilum dailies were removed, world PVP on TEH died.

We've had some nice world PVP in the Black Hole, though it wasn't anything we planned. It just sort of happened one night. I think it would require someone to take the reigns, but folks would be amenable to some organized world PVP. We had a blast on the night it did happen. The Rakghoul Plague event sparked some world PVP as well.

Still, the support for world PVP in SWTOR is very poor. There's no incentive, and no support structure. Hopefully this will change in the future. I have no doubt that if a real world PVP incentive/support was created, it would once again thrive on The Ebon Hawk.

For now, those hardcore PVP guilds on TEH are focused on ranked WZ's. We're having a blast, and would love for some more likeminded folks to join us.

Here's to hoping you guys get an option to transfer regardless of the destination you choose.

Greetings from The Ebon Hawk!

I've been keeping an eye on your plight, and feeling bad that you guys are suffering with a less than ideally populated server.

If you do end up getting a transfer option (which I think is likely), I'd like to invite you to The Ebon Hawk. I'm a hardcore PVPer, and have been on TEH since pre-launch. We have a very active and competitive PVP community in both factions, and enjoy designated server-wide ranked nights on Monday and Wednesday. Ranked pops can also be grabbed frequently on weekend nights. Normal WZ's are rolling constantly, and you can start catching them as early as 8am EST when the dailies reset.

Why is the PVP community so strong on TEH? I think what happened is that many of us assumed that the RP servers tend to support a more mature community, but a large number of us were surprised with how engaging PVP was in SWTOR. The PVP community on TEH grew, and has supported some friendly but very competitive rivalries between PVP guilds. The factions are well balanced right now, and depending on the day/WZ matchup you can expect the unexpected in your WZ's.

I think a lot folks just assume that TEH is for RPers and PVEers only, but I just wanted to let you know about our thriving PVP community. We're more populated than the PVP servers now according to the server list during prime time. Obviously, more PVPers are always welcome which is why I'm posting here.

Having played against some PVP-server players on the large test server, I will also say that the caliber of TEH PVPers is as high as it is anywhere in the game.

Anyway, just giving you Jung Ma'ers a heads up regarding what you could expect on The Ebon Hawk. Hope to see you at some point in the near future, and hope that whatever shape it comes in you guys get to enjoy the kind of active PVP community we have been enjoying on The Ebon Hawk.

Sounds great. Sounds like what most of us on Jung Ma want.

At this point, I just want to transfer off Jung Ma. Period. Incredibly sad when o peek time, we have 90-100 on fleet.

Then you check out the other servers, and they have multiple fleet shards with 200+ per shard.

I am very unhappy customer BW. Get transfers to Jung ma now.

I rolled up a character for Ebon Hawk just to see. The population is larger than Pot5, and I've had no problems getting into warzone after warzone.

The nice side of it that is that it is still a RP server. Instead of trying to flee to a PVP server, where your just going to do warzones anyway, there is still a large RP community on Ebon Hawk. Moving to RP with the Jung Ma Refugees on Pot5 would be the same as just staying on Jung Ma.

With open world PVP pretty much not existent, I'd rather still keep the RP and the PVP than just the PVP. Plus I believe for RP events you can just tag yourself as PVP in open areas.

• 2 weeks later...