Thoughts on how to change and or balance gameplay within the game.

adegf

As we all know, sorcerers and specifically dps sorcerers are quite terrible in defense. This in pvp makes them the weakest dps class for they do not have the necessary defensives to make them compete against other classes. So these changes I am thinking of should hopefully remedy that fact. Also this will happen to other classes as well.

(Imperial class terms)

Lightning sorc: I suggest that we should change the lightning bolt ability to be activated while on the move. This will remove the time spent standing still which often is very dangerous. Activating force speed however will still give you the ability to activate lightning bolt twice with no activation time. Also, the damage bonus given to shock by someone who is affect by crushing darkness should be changed to lightning bolt as well. Another thing would be to make crushing darkness activate immediately, but the time until it starts ticking would be the same as if you were to activate it normally. As standing still for even 1.3seconds like that as a sorc can hinder them massively. Since crushing darkness might not even be able to activate.

Madness sorc: For this spec I suggest that we change deathfield to have it heal for 75% of its damage done. And this will change to 100% if the target is affected by crushing darkness. This 100% heal will also affect any of the targets that are caught within the radius of the person with crushing darkness on them.

Sorcerer class utilities. I suggest that some of the utilities of the sorcerer to be merged. Like what you did with juggernaut, but for sorcerer. As they do have some utilities which no one chooses to take as they can have a much better option. Like in the legendary section I can either choose "force mobility" or "enfeebling strike" for example. Force mobility is without a shadow of a doubt the superior one and a must pick.

Another thing would be to change "Empty body" so that 5% extra healing received to also work with stolen life. As that extra 5% wont matter *That* much. But will to help madness sorcs in pvp.

Class "boring" filler abilities: With the hatred spec, I find it quite underwhelming when I have to use thrash, it is such a basic boring ability that is makes deception just another reason to use over hatred. Deception gets voltaic slash which is soo much cooler. I only wish hatred had the same. This can go for the same for many other classes.

These where just some more ideas that I would like to be implemented into the game. Especially those sorcerer ones since it is OUR time to shine!

I was going to make a joke but I won’t.

Look the benefit of ranged is you can attack anyone from afar. Melee you have to be up close to the target or you can’t deal damage. That is why melee hast insta casts a range has to cast. Tbh this games range classes have way to much mobility already. If you ad anymore then what would be the point of melee class? A melee would have no chance. You’d be moving and dpsing freely while the melee just hopelessly chase you. Merck’s and snipers are already too much let’s not add a third.

I mean balance is really simple right now.

Mercs Sniper Fury Mara need adjusting down.

PT'S and Jugs need antifocus in some way.

Sorc dps needs adjusting up the burst spec is the obvious offender. The dot spec could use a few tweaks.

Sins need slight tweaks but this class can go from under performing to over performing really quick depending on the adjustments.

Ops feel about right. They might need the healing spec looked at a little bit.

I was going to make a joke but I won’t.

Look the benefit of ranged is you can attack anyone from afar. Melee you have to be up close to the target or you can’t deal damage. That is why melee hast insta casts a range has to cast. Tbh this games range classes have way to much mobility already. If you ad anymore then what would be the point of melee class? A melee would have no chance. You’d be moving and dpsing freely while the melee just hopelessly chase you. Merck’s and snipers are already too much let’s not add a third.

Agreed. Ranged DPS must be behind melee DPS. Not only do ranged have more uptime they also tend to take less damage. Hard to hit people when they are shooting at you from 5 blocks away and often times while you are already fighting other people.

That's not to say some slight tweak isn't in order, it's very easy to make a spec OP if not adjusted with care and a mind to everything a spec brings to the table. Pecking orders are important for balancing. Range matters. You can't leap to someone who is over 30' away or attack with a saber throw or the like. Sorc range is 35. Melee attack range is 4. Big difference.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I am into PvE, and I really have to say they need to flat out stop ruining classes. They need to rebuff all of the classes back to before the huge sorc healer nerf then make huge improvements to sorc dps. Finally they should do exactly what WoW did put a debuff in warzones making healing 30% ish less effective, cut everyone's health in half, then disable any ability that could be considered OP for WZ's like the mercs absorb bubble.

The Devs have ruined the PvE portion of the game since it seems like they bend over backwards for PvP players. This discourages the other half and causes them to quit when they see just how difficult progression is. My guild was completely torn apart after the huge healer nerf due to the fact that our healers couldn't keep up with HM raids anymore. Now every time I read a new patch it's the Dev's nerfing on another class. There is literally no good ranged dps anymore I mean what the hell!? most raids require 2 or so decent ranged dps 7k-8k (with decent mobility so snipers are out).

Finally why can't we get an in game Parse so we can see how much damage our teammates are doing? The data gets recorded I know when not give us an in game UI so I can read and compare. This will help people improve their rotations rather than run to a third party like Star Parse.

I agree with this as a pvp player classes you think are weak are actually op right now in pvp. Seeing as how they are underperforming in pve going off your statements shows that PVP/PVE balance needs to be split.

In PVP Mercs Snipers And Fury Maras are king. All the other classes do not perform on this level. We are not going to get balance unless something is changed that makes pve different from pvp. One side will always greatly influence the other.

Edited by TmoneyTime

I agree with this as a pvp player classes you think are weak are actually op right now in pvp. Seeing as how they are underperforming in pve going off your statements shows that PVP/PVE balance needs to be split.

In PVP Mercs Snipers And Fury Maras are king. All the other classes do not perform on this level. We are not going to get balance unless something is changed that makes pve different from pvp. One side will always greatly influence the other.

I must echo this post. - I'd add something to it if I thought it was necessary, but it isn't. You nailed it, start to finish.

~ signed

My 2 cents ditch madness/balance for a more Dooku styled duelist using form 2 and changing the AOE attacks to more single target focused between saber attacks and single target lighting/telekenisis attacks.

My 2 cents.

Beyond that making defensive mods worth while as offensive mods.

My 2 cents ditch madness/balance for a more Dooku styled duelist using form 2 and changing the AOE attacks to more single target focused between saber attacks and single target lighting/telekenisis attacks.

My 2 cents.

Beyond that making defensive mods worth while as offensive mods.

They can't do that as it's a Ranged class. There are no classes that have a ranged and melee spec in them, so it's not a realistic proposal, and to just shoot down your idea, I understand playing a class which "weilds" a lightsaber and not being able to really use it is terrible. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Making a Lightsaber nothing more than a stat stick is just too silly for words.

It is by it's very nature a heavy AOE spec. That's why a lot of people say it's just a lot of 'fluff damage'. If a Lightsaber intensive spec is what you are interested in playing, you should play a Marauder, that is exactly what they are all about. Sorcs are force intensive, whereas Marauders are melee [Lightsaber] intensive.

Count Dooku in terms of what he'd be class wise in this game is kinda like saying what would Darth Maul be. Darth Maul used a Double-bladed Lightsaber, but there is no chance he was an Assassin. He was without question a Marauder in game terms. His background, his training, his focus, his style, definately a Marauder. But, Marauder's can't use double bladed lightsabers in this game. So we have to kinda make amendments when we consider things in game terms. Just because he used a Double bladed Lightsaber, there was nothing Assassin like about him.

Similarly Count Dooku doesn't fit definatively any class in the game, unlike say Darth Vader who was definately a Jugg and fits that archetype easily. Count Dooku I'm not really sure about. In some ways he seems like a Inquistor type [he was a Jedi Master before going to the Darkside] he is definately extremely skilled with the Lightsaber, and has given great emphasis to that as well which is very un-inquistor like, that's much more in keeping with a Sith Warrior. Without the other conotations, Dooku strikes me in a general sense like the assassin archetype in that he is equal parts force user and equal parts melee. Assassins are good at both but masters of neither [sorcs being the Masters of Force use and Marauders being Masters of the Lightsaber [melee fighting].

At any rate that's just interesting banter on the subject, but brass nuts and bolts, they're not going to make ranged classes have melee specs, it breaks the whole dynamic, and if they did that than every class people would be requesting opposite fighting spec types [ranged and melee], and that's not going to happen. I'm only saying that because if that's something you would enjoy playing, pick another class to play because it's the only way you will ever get to enjoy playing such a stylized fighting type character. If you really want to it be appear like Dooku's style [single saber] you really only have one option, Jugg. Go either Vengeance or Rage. Neither will reflect the sort of fencing-esque style of Dooku, but neither will fighting with two lightsabers, even if the actual style would be more in keeping with Dooku as a Marauder.

Again, I'm not trying to shoot down your idea in theory, I just don't think it's a realistic proposition with the Sorc class, it's a ranged class, and if it's something you'd like to try you should consider alternative ways of trying to emulate that sort of fighting style.

I agree with Grim. The sorc was definitely modeled after Darth Sidious just as the Jug was modeled after Darth Vader. And making a spec of the sorc a melee class would bring all sorts of problems and would unbalance the game with a new dynamic. Not saying something like this is impossible but every class would be effected by the change.

Oh and I'd like to say Darth Maul is definitely a marauder. I'd even say Darth Bane was also a jug and his apprentice (her name escapes me at the moment) was more of a Sorc even tho she used a double bladed light saber to fend off melee attacks. She mostly used sith magic.

One last thing, one point I disagree with Grim about the Sorcs and light sabers. They still use them to fend off blaster bolts and parry melee like the above mentioned. However lets take a look at other games. You see mages wielding staves and ceptors and clubs but you don't see them running around clubbing people. The principle is the same.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Well I'd still like a Dooku styled class. Guess that cpuld be assassin, but be able to do everything with a single saber instead of a dual saber.

But beyond that I'd make some changes to the PT/VG.

1. Return rocket attack/storm surge back to level 2. Juggs get their charge at level 2 and by level 7 assassins get stealth but PTs don't get their charge attack till lvl 57? What a joke.

2. Get rid of Translocate. It's just plain terrible. Slide Gut/vibroknife from AP into it's slot. Replace gut with what I'd call AP shot. Does the same bleed damage but gives you a 10 meter range instead of 4 meter. Gives you a chance to get the bleed started while charging in. And ofcourse you can spam it like gut. And have gut in shield tech generate a bit of threat once every 6 seconds.

3. For the love of god bring Responsive Safeguards and Trauma regulators over to the PT! Or something like them. Energy shield simply doesn't cut it.

4. Riot gas, drop cool down to 20-30 seconds. 1 minute is asinine.

Sorry happened to be playing my VG at the time of this post and PT/VG needs some love.

4. Riot gas, drop cool down to 20-30 seconds. 1 minute is asinine.

Bringing Riot Gas and Oil Slick back to DPS VG/PT would be great. That might actually help with or glass cannon / paper tiger issue.

Sages/ Sorcs are fine. They just need a hair more burst, in my opinion.

Regarding defensives, Sorc/Sage has arguably the 2nd best defensives in the game.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Regarding defensives, Sorc/Sage has arguably the 2nd best defensives in the game.

This must be a joke, right?

Mercs, Maras and Snipers would like a word with you.

Other than that I agree, their burst potential should be increased slightly.

Edited by Alvarius

This must be a joke, right?

Mercs, Maras and Snipers would like a word with you.

Other than that I agree, their burst potential should be increased slightly.

I say Mercs have the best defenses. And most of those should of gone to the PT. Responsive Safeguards, Trauma Regulators and KO. All should be PT abilities. But are on a Merc.