Chancellor Saresh

Projawa

I hope at some point in future expansions we get to kill Chancellor Saresh. When she's Governor Saresh on Taris she's nothing more than a sanctimonious, platitude-spewing, borderline bully who only looks like she's doing her job because my toon happened to be around to single-handedly save the whole Republic rebuliding effort. She speaks more like a speech machine than a normal person. Every time I turned in my quest I wanted to punch her in the face.

Then she becomes chancellor and at the end of the trooper storyline wants to do the braindead thing of POW trading the uber Imp general I just captured back to the Imps and she only sheepishly relents after my trooper talks some sense into her. I suppose she's a good example of everything we loathe in politicians and it shows the Republic's not very good at appointing supreme chancellors: Palpatine, Janarus and now her. I'd be happy if my BH got a mission to go and take out another chancellor.

Edited by Projawa

I liked Saresh: if you read her codex entry she was basically handed Taris to try and kill her political career and turned most of the situation around on her own. Sure she relies on your help, but then so dose every planet leader ever. She's strong willed, confident, and decisive in her leadership choices, something that can be said for a lot of Republic leaders.

Funny how many Empire storylines seem to backfire.

The Sith Warrior unknowingly restores an omnicidal madman to power. The Inquisitor and Thanaton spend Imperial assets playing power games against each other. Imperial Intelligence gets disbanded. And to top it all off, the Bounty Hunter gets the Supreme Chancellor replaced with someone who's not only competent, but wants to completely eradicate the Sith Empire.

Funny how many Empire storylines seem to backfire.

The Sith Warrior unknowingly restores an omnicidal madman to power. The Inquisitor and Thanaton spend Imperial assets playing power games against each other. Imperial Intelligence gets disbanded. And to top it all off, the Bounty Hunter gets the Supreme Chancellor replaced with someone who's not only competent, but wants to completely eradicate the Sith Empire.

No, the Chancellor did it himself. He deceived the public and thus was going to be removed from office. The BH is just a victim.

Technically Palpatine isn't her predecessor, this is set hundreds of years before Palpatine, so he is an inheritor if anything.

I was referring to 3 people, not 2: Palpatine, Saresh's immediate predecessor who gets taken out in the bounty hunter storyline, and Saresh herself. Sorry if my original sentence was vague.

Edited by Projawa

I hate Saresh. At least Janarus had a sense of honor. He had a person-to-person chat with someone out for blood when he could have ran, like Saresh did at Taris. [He actually reminded me of the Emperor in Skyrim.]

Saresh is, as the OP said, everything we hate about politicians. She is a speech-machine, nothing she says seems sincere except when she gets slammed.

Her decision to trade the Supreme Commander (!!!) of the Empire for POW's was the crowd-pleasing bull that politicians pull when they're trying to win the votes and stay in office.

She was the one primarily behind the 'recolonization' of Taris, and we all saw how LOW morale was for the troops there, [people deserting because they are losing their friends to rakghouls left and right and the Republic doesn't seem to care] not to mention what a completely disastrous waste it was [they completely lose the planet.] And of course during these events she is nowhere to be found, doing political machinations elsewhere...

And she gets elected Supreme Chancellor and sprouts off her ham-fisted speeches and hands out medals to our heroic protagonists. Looks nice and sounds nice but her actions say otherwise.

Good job, Bioware. I hate her even more than Satele "mary sue" Shan.

Edited by maxetius