Smugglers must be nerfed

chakkar

If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?

Oh im sorry, I wasn't aware a knockdown, a stun a root/snare and an aoe mezz that breaks on damage was too much CC....I guess you must be one of those Hybrid Sorcs with an AoE knockback/root an insta-cast ranged stun, a consta-slow that deals damage, a single target mezz that can be used in combat and an extra CC breaker tied to your force speed all while being able to heal, shield and do a fair bit of damage.

If we really want to talk about classes with a lack of CC, lets looks at Sents/Maras who get hardly any.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh im sorry, I wasn't aware a knockdown, a stun a root/snare and an aoe mezz that breaks on damage was too much CC....I guess you must be one of those Hybrid Sorcs with an AoE knockback/root an insta-cast ranged stun, a consta-slow that deals damage, a single target mezz that can be used in combat and an extra CC breaker tied to your force speed all while being able to heal, shield and do a fair bit of damage.

If we really want to talk about classes with a lack of CC, lets looks at Sents/Maras who get hardly any.

Hybrid sorcs don't get permaslow. That's the 31-point talent for Madness/Balance and taking it denies them the shield aoe break and the knockback roots and the reduced cooldown on Force Speed.

Are you trying to imply that the gunslinger and the operative are the same class? Because if so, I hope that facepalm is meant for yourself.

Gunslinger and smuggler are the same class as are snipers and operatives the diff is empire or pube hence the facepalm.

Edited by Notannos
rude

You have a shielding cooldown that prevents 25% of damage taken, and as a healer, prevents you from being interrupted for its entire duration.

This cooldown is baseline for all bounty hunters, regardless of advanced class.

He's not talking about the shield offhand.

^^^

You have a SHIELD and a KB (knockback) If your not using them more fool you.

You have a shielding cooldown that prevents 25% of damage taken, and as a healer, prevents you from being interrupted for its entire duration.

This cooldown is baseline for all bounty hunters, regardless of advanced class.

He's not talking about the shield offhand.

for a whole 12 sec with a 2 min cd. yeah its really useful...

A cleansable/interruptable permaslow that requires you to have LoS and stand still hanneling it?

Oh yeah, totally OP.

Does any other class besides your mirror have slowing utilities tied to bread and butter damage skills?

No.

And stop crying about your anticlass beating you, Scoundrels are supposed to be your worst nightmare, Assassin type > Mage type.

If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?

considering you bads asked for their original nerf to burst damage, you get to enjoy there stun lock damage if you blow your cc breaker to early. enjoy.

Does any other class besides your mirror have slowing utilities tied to bread and butter damage skills?

No.

And stop crying about your anticlass beating you, Scoundrels are supposed to be your worst nightmare, Assassin type > Mage type.

I'm not crying about jack ****. The class balance in this game is superb.

And Sentinels would like a chat with you.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcM.1

So if class balance is superb, why are you asking for a nerf to Smugglers?

Amazing how quickly you sorcs contradict yourselves when challenged about the balance of your own class =p

I'm not asking for a nerf to smugglers at all. *** are you on about? I didn't make this thread.

So Black Jesus killed him or what ? Are you still argueing here ? The guy doesn't even know what advanced class killed him, surely neither their spec. It's clearly a l2p issue.

Moving on.

so....because I dont care to know the specifics of other classes, which I really dont care about, my opinion is null and void?

you're a wonderful person

I'm not asking for a nerf to smugglers at all. *** are you on about? I didn't make this thread.

Sorry, I just tire of every Sorc and his dog complaining about classes that beat them when they are clearly on top of the food chain with all there utility so you'll have to forgive me when I tar all Sorcs with the same brush.

Edited by Zarthorn

for a whole 12 sec with a 2 min cd. yeah its really useful...

Actually it is really useful. I dont know what the BH equivelant of Adrenaline Rush is but your shield ability and adrenaline rush is the edge that can allow you to win fights. As the Royal Artillery would say 'Together they are a battle winning combination' (Those who have seen the 1970's training videos will understand that comment)

I understand why you might not like other classes cc. BH/Troopers have awfully poor CC for straight out fights. A 4 second stun, an aoe slow down and an occasional slow down if you are specced right and get a proc. It's pretty poor, but we shouldnt be calling for the nerfing of other classes. (Though a 9 second stun in a game with heavy damage as this is is probably too much).

This game rewards people who play mindlessly for hours on end. If you are not doing this to get the gear you are doing it wrong.

I dont do this to get gear because im not a sad pathetic petty minded chump in moms basement. Im doing it right and playing for fun.

Actually it is really useful. I dont know what the BH equivelant of Adrenaline Rush is but your shield ability and adrenaline rush is the edge that can allow you to win fights. As the Royal Artillery would say 'Together they are a battle winning combination' (Those who have seen the 1970's training videos will understand that comment)

I understand why you might not like other classes cc. BH/Troopers have awfully poor CC for straight out fights. A 4 second stun, an aoe slow down and an occasional slow down if you are specced right and get a proc. It's pretty poor, but we shouldnt be calling for the nerfing of other classes. (Though a 9 second stun in a game with heavy damage as this is is probably too much).

To what gods should operatives pray to get this supposed 9 second stun?

Edited by -JUICY-

Sorry, I just tire of every Sorc and his dog complaining about classes that beat them when they are clearly on top of the food chain with all there utility so you'll have to forgive me when I tar all Sorcs with the same brush.

I have 2 50s I play in pvp, and I have many alts at all levels. I make it my business to know class abilities to make strategies for them. I'm not mindless sorc/sage player number 456.

I know how easy it is to get bitter about complaints though. I accept your apology. And kudos to you for being able to swallow your pride and admit when you're off on something.

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

BH healer having trouble with operative post-nerf?

Bad player.

Case solved.

BH healer having trouble with operative post-nerf?

Bad player.

Case solved.

there is absolutely no way the another class can give any other class a problem, especially a healer class? Do you play a BH healer? if not, then you have no idea what you are talking about.