Low Population Servers

XLJedi

What should I be expecting? ...as far as, other players on a planet?

On the typical night I see maybe 20-30 at fleet. The first few planets of chapter 1 is about the same 20-30. I don't think I have EVER seen 40+ anywhere!

I don't think I visited a single planet during chapter 2 that had more than 10 people on it. ...and now, I'm about to finish my first 50 and these planets are SOOOOO lonely it's getting ridiculous. How do I complete a (HEROIC 4) when there are 5 people on every planet including myself? Apparently, I have to muster every person on the planet to play these things?

I was jumped by a pair of Sith Pvp'ers on Hoth and killed pretty quickly, but I was actually thrilled to at least have some company for a few moments!

I guess my only hope lies in server transfers somehow... someday...

(looking at the box again... this is s'posed to be a multi-player game right?)

Edited by XLJedi

I suggest you roll an alt on a high population server.

It's impossible to predict when server merges will come, it could come sooner than expected, but it could take months. I know the idea of starting all over isn't very appealing, but leveling all over gets a little easier and more entertaining, when there are more than +100 players on a planet.

This is a problem for alot of people that needs to be fixed soon. Rift had the same issue and was quick to roll out free weekly server transfers to accomidate thier players. The longer this goes on the more it will hurt Bioware/EA in the pocket book. A happy player will keep subbing while a player left spamming for a group will find themselves bored and ready to quit the game. I know thats where i am. Rolled on a east coast server instead of a west coast and now i find that i cant run ops since the times dont work for me. ( yes i know this is my own fault, im wiating for transfers either free or paid to fix this)

i just got my collectors edition through today (game admin sale £50) and i was expecting a little more people. id be happy to join someone for some PVE action if they want. im a fresh character so i can go what ever class suites your needs.

i heard this game was booming during the free period. i wonder what is in store for us users who are in it for the long run.

On the typical night I see maybe 20-30 at fleet. The first few planets of chapter 1 is about the same 20-30. I don't think I have EVER seen 40+ anywhere!

I don't think I visited a single planet during chapter 2 that had more than 10 people on it. ...and now, I'm about to finish my first 50 and these planets are SOOOOO lonely it's getting ridiculous. How do I complete a (HEROIC 4) when there are 5 people on every planet including myself? Apparently, I have to muster every person on the planet to play these things?

I was jumped by a pair of Sith Pvp'ers on Hoth and killed pretty quickly, but I was actually thrilled to at least have some company for a few moments!

Heroic +4 are a optional way to level you dont "need" to complete them. I suggest Joining a guild and have hte guildies help you out on the H+4, or better yet get a leveling buddy and group up and go back and do 2 or 3 heroics +4 together. 2 people +2 companions =4 :)

I have the same problem. I rolled on what is now a low pop server. Joining a guild helped a bit but the queue for war zones at odd hours was killing me. I had to move and restart on a high pop. server and it was like a new game.

i just got my collectors edition through today (game admin sale £50) and i was expecting a little more people. id be happy to join someone for some PVE action if they want. im a fresh character so i can go what ever class suites your needs.

i heard this game was booming during the free period. i wonder what is in store for us users who are in it for the long run.

I'd be thrilled to have new folks join our server! I play most evenings and will soon have my Lvl 50 Jedi, so I'm in position to either help from above, or I can reroll and level with you.

ANY NEW PEOPLE THAT COME LOOK FOR ME, just mention you saw me on the SWTOR forum and I will help you with missions, advice, and gear.

Here's a repost of my info from the New Player Mentor thread:

Reelo :sy_republic:(Jedi Guardian)

Server: Axial Park (East Coast Time)

Guild: Starkillers

Small guild with friendly players, father & son team, clean language and always respectful (we expect it to stay that way!)

If you spot Jedi Reelo on the Republic side say hello... :csw_speeder:

Leave your barren wasteland low pop server and go to The Harbinger. West Coast PvE. Has been the highest population PvE server since the first round of early access.

There is sometimes a queue to login on weekends. Its not dead by a long shot.

This.

Heroic +4 are a optional way to level you dont "need" to complete them. I suggest Joining a guild and have hte guildies help you out on the H+4, or better yet get a leveling buddy and group up and go back and do 2 or 3 heroics +4 together. 2 people +2 companions =4 :)

Yeah... I'm well aware.

Fact is, I don't REALLY even care to do most of em. It was just an example to point out the ridiculousness of the situation. I doubt the intent of the designers was to create a "HEROIC PLANETARY" group mission which is what these have turned into.

The intent of my OP was to gauge what a "reasonable" planetary population expectation might be so I can weigh my options for transferring when/if the time comes. If I transfer to one of the "Standard" East Coast servers am I gonna see 100 peeps on a chapter 2 planet or is it gonna be more like 10 instead of the 5 I see now?

Edited by XLJedi

Wow, it would be great to have that many players on my server... On my server (Keetael) I'm extremely lucky to have 8 players on a planet. Usually it's 3 or 4. I'm desperate for a server merge, or for more people to join.

Edited by ultimatesjk

I'm on Nadd's Sarcophagus and on weekend mornings I've seen as few as ~14 people on the fleet. Weekday nights as low as 45. Consider some of those are low level guys, some are crafting and chatting, some are afk, etc. I've got a 50 tank and healer which still have a hell of a time finding a group.

A month or two ago I was getting groups any time I wanted. It feels like a game in it's death throws. Frequently I'm queued for warzones and spamming for HM invites while I watch TV. Finally giving up and running dailies on an alt.

Canderous Ordo for east coast pve is heavy at peak, i think fatman is also pve east, it is also heavy
Fatman is PvP. As of this writing, it has the highest load, showing FULL on the server status page. Zakkeg Beast and The Harbinger, both West Coast PvE, are next (in that order), at HEAVY. Next are Jedi Covenant and Canderous Ordo, both East Coast PvE. Everything else is STANDARD or lower. Though it's still relatively early, so loads could go up over the next few hours.

Your alt should have been made on a high population server...

Yeah, we get it... there are a few other mitigating circumstances that cause people to not want to just re-roll on a new server.

1) The legacy system, by it's very design, seems as though it will reward you more for keeping your alts together. What strikes me as particularly odd, is how BW talks this up but only gives you 8 character slots? (but that's a whole other thread discussion in itself)

2) That 400/400/400 crafter you worked so hard on to help you outfit your new alts is left stranded.

3) Hard to run two guilds on two different servers. Might have to eventually coordinate the move of an entire guild, which puts me in the position of having to very carefully weigh the pros/cons of making such a suggestion. If it turns out I gain 5 extra people on a planet but lose immediate cue time, it may not be such a great thing for some of our PVE focused members.

4) The dynamics of the servers could completely change once server transfers are initiated. I think at a minimum I'd need to wait a month after such a feature is introduced just to see how things settle out.

I think for at least a few months I will try to "fight the good fight" and attempt to just bring some new folks to our server and offer my assistance. I'm starting to get the idea that 10-20 peeps per chapter 2 planet is a pretty healthy population for perhaps a "Standard" population server.

Edited by XLJedi

I am on one of those dead servers myslef, at least on rep side - Ahto City/ EU/ Rep side.

However re-rolling on a new server is COMPLETELY unacceptable with 3x50s, a lvl 42 Legacy, and a main in full Rakata+mods, titles, etc.

I actually rerolled on this server about a week after release as it was very high pop at the time and pop lvls were reasonable until about a month ago.. After March subs ran out though the server has been LITERALLY dead .. You can't find a group for ANYTHING .. 20-30 ppl on fleet at peak .. outside of our weekly raids the game is UNPLAYABLE !!

Edited by todorovh

Well, before you "commit" to a server, definitely survey the population at peak times to see if it is big enough for you.

A good way to do that is to have a rep and imp character and to check each level band. (/who the 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 and so on).

Here are more detailed instructions, and a place to record your data.

http://www.thethirteenthlegion.torportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=433241&TabID=3813820

Paige

The entire game communety is screwed in that way and thay dont even know how to handle this crap .

Take the customer file's and put them on a other server its not a other game .

Go check the vendors to see what server is dead .