Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healers don't belong in PvP, at least nerf this OP garbage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healers don't belong in PvP, at least nerf this OP garbage

CaptainObvius
06.26.2019 , 01:24 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
5 pages.

I guess this is a 10/10 troll thread. Good job OP.
It wasn't a troll thread man. I'm actually quite serious.

But I was thinking about why everyone is so against the idea and I've come to a couple of conclusions.

1) The people here probably just aren't experienced enough with other games.

2) The people who would understand this have probably already left the game.

Go put 500 hours into GW2 PvP.

Go put another 500 hours into WoW PvP.

Go put another 500 hours after that into Blade and Soul PvP.

Go put another 500 hours on top of that into Tera PvP.

THEN come back here and tell me you think healers are happily balanced compared to the DPS.

I've never been in PvP before in my life where when I see a healer I just want to afk. It's literally that bad.

And yah I'm the guy who can top the dps charts too. Albeit i'm not all fancied up in 258 gear mostly 240ish. But I can sustain about 3k dps for a match when I'm not camping out for a huttball throw.

Yet when I see a healer I just wanna puke. It's like OK WELP I know I can't out dps his heals so I have to stop focusing this DPS I was literally just about to kill 1on1 and now I have to either run away or swap targets to that dumb healer which just sits there spamming the same 3 skills over and over.

YAY so much fun!

kissingaiur
06.26.2019 , 05:21 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainObvius View Post

But I was thinking about why everyone is so against the idea and I've come to a couple of conclusions.

THEN come back here and tell me you think healers are happily balanced compared to the DPS.

I've never been in PvP before in my life where when I see a healer I just want to afk. It's literally that bad.

And yah I'm the guy who can top the dps charts too. Albeit i'm not all fancied up in 258 gear mostly 240ish. But I can sustain about 3k dps for a match when I'm not camping out for a huttball throw.

Yet when I see a healer I just wanna puke. It's like OK WELP I know I can't out dps his heals so I have to stop focusing this DPS I was literally just about to kill 1on1 and now I have to either run away or swap targets to that dumb healer which just sits there spamming the same 3 skills over and over.

YAY so much fun!
Play a healer in swtor for 500 hours and come report back if you think they are still broken.

Itís very easy to whine about something while only having one perspective. I highly assure you, as a healer myself, healers die all the time. The only time we donít die consistently is if there is a guard or the dps on the other team is bad.

Ps- 3k dps (Iím assuming this is on a burst class) is average. Good burst classes sustain at least 4K+ in pvp, ranked players sustain 5k consistently.

Pss- since this might be a mix of lack of game understanding, OP if you send me a pm with what class/spec you play and a screenshot of your ui and maybe your stats too, I would be more than happy to give you enough info to at least get 4K dps in warzones.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

foxmob
06.26.2019 , 08:44 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
P, OP if you send me a pm with what class/spec you play and a screenshot of your ui and maybe your stats too, I would be more than happy to give you enough info to at least get 4K dps in warzones.
TL; DR: the pointy end goes in the bad guy.
Krack

Rion_Starkiller
06.26.2019 , 08:50 AM | #54
OP, this game is based on the classic MMO holy trinity of tank,dps, healer. What you are suggesting is a different game entirely.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Ylliarus
06.26.2019 , 09:17 AM | #55
Translation:

"I've been carried by healers, because they are extremely OP and made up for my lack of skill. I've never been carried by a DPS because you know, they aren't nearly as strong as healer. In fact if you have a bad healer on your team you're probably going to lose. But if you have a bad DPS on your team it's OK cause the healer may end up carrying him"

Thanks for proving my point of the entire thread bro.
That's BS big time and completely not what I meant. You have completely failed to respond to my argument constructively or rationally by providing a sensible counterargument. But of course, you're so focused on yourself and narrow-minded that you'll interpret everything in such a way so it will serve your narrative, really, I think you're just here to troll. It's clear that your idea is not popular, that your sentiment is not shared by the rest of the community. Just accept that you're in the minority in this and that this won't change. Healers are an integral part of the PVP experience and if you have a problem with it, go play another game. It's not like you're forced to play something you don't like.

Have you even tried healing yourself? Have you tried out the healer spec? Because if not, then you don't really have any authority or credibility regarding this subject. I seriously think your anger and frustration with healers comes from a lack of experience, because you're literally the only one sitting here arguing this point.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

kissingaiur
06.26.2019 , 12:41 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
That's BS big time and completely not what I meant. You have completely failed to respond to my argument constructively or rationally by providing a sensible counterargument. But of course, you're so focused on yourself and narrow-minded that you'll interpret everything in such a way so it will serve your narrative, really, I think you're just here to troll. It's clear that your idea is not popular, that your sentiment is not shared by the rest of the community. Just accept that you're in the minority in this and that this won't change. Healers are an integral part of the PVP experience and if you have a problem with it, go play another game. It's not like you're forced to play something you don't like.

Have you even tried healing yourself? Have you tried out the healer spec? Because if not, then you don't really have any authority or credibility regarding this subject. I seriously think your anger and frustration with healers comes from a lack of experience, because you're literally the only one sitting here arguing this point.
i like you, this is the reaction i get to reading 99% of the garbage posts on pvp forums.

@OP - Please let some players try to help you. I still am more than willing to and still waiting for you to PM me. I am serious when I say I can possibility help you improve your game play if actually care and show you that it's not a healing imbalance that is troubling you. If you are serious about your position on forums yet refuse any advice then what is this all about anyways.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Lhancelot
06.26.2019 , 10:39 PM | #57
I should make a thread and title it "DPS don't belong in PVP" or "Tanks don't belong in PVP." Good troll bait, no doubt as evidenced by this thread.

Game been based around healers/tanks/dps since it's inception dude, healers aint going anywhere. Sorry.
Pookiemane SF Suffocates
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

RACATW
06.26.2019 , 10:43 PM | #58
Great idea but this would consume an extraordinary amount of developer resources, they would have to remove the "I need healing" phrase from emotes. That's an absurd amount of work.

CaptRogue
06.27.2019 , 09:04 AM | #59

No the conclusion is, you have NO idea what it takes to play a healer. What it takes to keep a team alive. What it takes to play properly. All you're doing is whining because you can't farm your numbers.

So 2000 hours of gaming in PvP alone, that is almost 84 days of straight PvPing on 4 different games. Which btw, I played WoW. WoW has the trinity aspect in it too.
But what's worse, was a tank there. DK tank. Rogue couldn't take me down, I couldn't take the Rogue down. Stalemate fight for oh, 15min at least? That was a "ranked" match then.

Healers are FINE. You just can't accept your opinion, while you hold true to it, is NOT popular or even correct.

Then just quit PvPing. That's just ridiculous.

Also, WHY are you 1v1 so much, when most the WZ have objectives?? Hmm?? Just one of those deathmatch chasers. Don't do anything for the whole team just what they want. *smh*

YAY so much fun!

All in all, you really need to learn to play. It's that simple. You can catch good healers off guard, or DcDs on CD & destroy them. You need to take time to learn how to destroy & at least cause a healer some harm instead of thinking you're big bad DPS when in all actuality, you ain't crap. You just 1v1 players that don't know what they're doing.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

TrixxieTriss
06.27.2019 , 04:14 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
TL; DR: the pointy end goes in....
Thatís what she said