Is there any benefit to Synthweaving at end-game?

Willmore

The most you can hope for is a schematic drop that is comparable to 2nd-class gear that will drop just as often from the same raids. Rakata gear is not craftable with the exception of the bracer and sash schematics you get from the trainer at lvl 400. And once you craft the 2 you need, you're done.

The RE process will never equal raid-level gear so it's no use even wasting the mats to try.

The orange gear you can craft will never equal raid gear either because as far as I know, the lvl 58 armoring is not available outside of the pvp/raid token drop gear. And you can not get the augment slot in it.

You probably can get the augment in the sash/bracer gear, but I'm not 100% sure. If you could get it in the crafted lvl 56 stuff, that might make it comparable to Rakata gear, but would require immense work.

Compare that to Bio-Chem that gives you the chance to craft actually useful end-game items like the stims and medpacs as well as the implants.

Or Cybertech with its grenades and Earpieces.

Am I missing something here? Some great bonus to being a synthweave at end-game?

• 3 weeks later...
I have wondered about this as well. I have synthweaving at 400 and crafted both the Rakata Belt and Bracers with both having an augment slot. There is really nothing more for me to do other than craft gear to sell. I'd like to drop it and pick up something else, perhaps biochem. Edited by Griogair