"Pure-Blooded" Sith Inquisitor...

Noobishlord

So, according to Wookieepedia (probably my favorite place to go for Star Wars info,) there's this little note on the Sith species...

Grotthu Caste : Sith slaves were the meek and servile sub-species of the Sith and therefore the lowliest caste in Sith hierarchy.[36] Pure blooded Grotthu had only three digits on each hand unlike the other Sith castes, but after the fusion of bloodlines with the Dark Jedi Exiles, the Slaves seemed to have four digits.[37] They worshiped the Sith Lords as gods, and were often used as sacrifices.[37] The Sith Lords used them for slave labor.[36][37] When a Sith Lord died, his slaves were buried alive with his body in his tomb on Korriban.[37]

Would this still be true in The Old Republic era? I would like to play a "Pure-Blood" though I already have a Warrior.

Yes, I actually care about these little details. I play on a Roleplay server for a reason.

This Empire would never ever enslave the Pureblooded, they are the venerated top class, the red-skinned descendants of Korriban are the top of society in the Empire, they only allowed Pureblood SIs because they caved into fan demand, something I wish they hadn't have done, IMO, SW should have been Cyborg, Human and Pureblood, with only SW being able to select Purebloods, the same goes for Chiss and Agents, I feel all classes would have had more distinctiveness if they had their own species to select from, like Miralukas and Mirialans for the Jedi classes, a system like that.

This Empire would never ever enslave the Pureblooded, they are the venerated top class, the red-skinned descendants of Korriban are the top of society in the Empire, they only allowed Pureblood SIs because they caved into fan demand, something I wish they hadn't have done, IMO, SW should have been Cyborg, Human and Pureblood, with only SW being able to select Purebloods, the same goes for Chiss and Agents, I feel all classes would have had more distinctiveness if they had their own species to select from, like Miralukas and Mirialans for the Jedi classes, a system like that.

Couldn't agree more =)

Well Expended Universe is usually one big pile of mess. Tons of contradictions and interferences between the numerous uncoordinated sources. On top of that most of the EU sources have/had very little supervision from the LucasFilm. Wookieepedia on the other hand just tries to somehow sort all that mess.

My honest suggestion (which I follow myself too) is that you simply accept the things from EU you like (make them personal canon) and just discard those which you don't like or those who contradict with what you like.

Edited by Path-x

This Empire would never ever enslave the Pureblooded, they are the venerated top class, the red-skinned descendants of Korriban are the top of society in the Empire

Well according to some EU sources, Sith purebloods were extinct by the time this game is happening. Secondly, since the Empire hierarchy is pretty much a jungle-like (ei "survival of the strongest", constant power struggle and overthrowing) I don't think the humans who brought up this Empire would let some be above them just because they are some "rare" specie. I would say the opposite would happen. The human Sith would instinctively even suppress anyone who would pose possible competition to the higher positions.

Edited by Path-x

Well according to some EU sources, Sith purebloods were extinct by the time this game is happening. Secondly, since the Empire hierarchy is pretty much a jungle-like (ei "survival of the strongest", constant power struggle and overthrowing) I don't think the humans who brought up this Empire would let some be above them just because they are some "rare" specie. I would say the opposite would happen. The human Sith would instinctively even suppress anyone who would pose possible competition to the higher positions.

Hmm... and if I discard the EU sources and go strictly with the Movies, there has only been one non-human Sith, and he was only an Apprentice. All Sith in major power seem to be Human. There is possibilities about the xenophobia that Sith humans have that would smother a Sith "Pureblood" down to a slave even if he is the descendant of a once great and powerful Sith Lord.

He might work after all... even if I have to do a few tweeks like I did with my Warrior (a Red Zabrak.) I never once mentioned my "great lineage." I considered that more of a Human or Pureblod thing.

Hmm... story possibilities are now popping up in my head... even Light Sided ones...

Having just started to read through Tales of the Jedi again, I have seen very clearly that the old Sith Empire had Red Sith slaves, not just aliens - The ones in the book are smaller, femenine in appearance and buried alive forMarka Ragnos' funeral procession.

So, it is entirely possible that a Sithquisitor descended from a slave-caste Sith at some point ....

disregarding the possibility that Kallig is Pureblood himself.

However:

Because of how slavery works in the Empire - described in a Codex entry named "Slavery in the Empire" found on Korriban - there are other ways for the Sith Inquisitor to be a slave.

She could have been born into the slave caste from slave parents, parents who may have been enslaved by a rival Sith Lord as prisoners of war.

She could also be the offspring of a Pureblooded Sith Lord having an affair with a slave and then abandoning her, severing ties to the slave and her child to avoid having the weaknesses that a family creates for Sith.

Finally, a Pureblooded slave could be the child of a Sith Lord killed while she was young and thus thrown into slavery by their rivals because Sith often inherit the possessions of their slain enemies (if the circumstances are right, as the Inquisitor story later shows).

Your logic there, HellbirdIV just solidified it for me. My Sith Inquisitor will be a pureblood.

I decided that when I discovered the "big beefy amazon" body type (3) in the Beta and was immediately reminded of the big, beefcake Massassi warriors in the comics. I made her bright red, with huge spikes on her face and the brightest yellow eyes available to look as much like a Massassi as possible.

My reasoning is that Massassi descendants, being a warrior caste (many of whom betrayed the main Empire to follow Naga Sadow instead), would be considered lower than the more common Purebloods who descend from Kissai priest caste (Which is why they are such powerful Force-users), justifying why she'd have been made a slave.

Gave me some great character bits for later roleplaying, too.