There is a HUGE ammount of marauders and assassins nowdays....

Zolxtren

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be facing some bad Snipers.

im not playing Mara at all...

but im seeing enough Maras faceroll melting snipers left and right...

also allot of mara players saying they can take out sniper most of the time with not too much prob...

also allot of mara players saying they can take out sniper most of the time with not too much prob...

Then they are facing Snipers significantly below their skill and/or gear level.

^^ What Elusive and Ruhun said.

Snipers are a hard counter to Maras. Perhaps you are thinking of a Mara with a pocket healer having no trouble killing a Sniper without heals, and with focus fire from a few other players? That would make sense.

^^ What Elusive and Ruhun said.

Snipers are a hard counter to Maras. Perhaps you are thinking of a Mara with a pocket healer having no trouble killing a Sniper without heals, and with focus fire from a few other players? That would make sense.

What about sins? Specifically I ask because I've been leveling a deception sin, which I'm finding I really like, and it seems WAY more effective against snipers than anything else I've tried to dps with. But I'm wondering if that's because I'm still in lowbies, and I'm top of lowbies at that (lvl 39, just dinged 40).

Wait, wait, I know, it's because of my awesome skill! :p

Those maras saying that are Fury Maras. Fury Maras have passive anti-cc abilities and can leap to Snipers and have two leaps at that.

Anni and Carnage Marauders aren't face rolling any competant Snipers, and sure as hell isn't against Engineering Snipers.

The only time a Anni or Carnage Marauder beats a skilled Sniper is when that sniper let's them beat them.

Like any other class there are good and bad Snipers. There is no reason a sniper should loss against an Anni or Carnage Marauder, if they do, they're one of the bad snipers who doesn't really now what they are doing. Snipers are a Marauders [Anni/Carnage] worst enemy by far.

What about sins? Specifically I ask because I've been leveling a deception sin, which I'm finding I really like, and it seems WAY more effective against snipers than anything else I've tried to dps with. But I'm wondering if that's because I'm still in lowbies, and I'm top of lowbies at that (lvl 39, just dinged 40).

Wait, wait, I know, it's because of my awesome skill! :p

Lowbies are lowbies. At 70 Assassins have don't have a snowball's chance in hell against an Engi Sniper, assuming skill/gear are both equal.