[SoR spoilers] A possible plot hole...

Trollokdamus

Questing through Rishi at the moment and i have a question.

According to Theron, Revanites have a signal jammer, which means "no communications at all up in Rishi space". That's the reason why we can't contact the approaching Imperial fleet to warn them about the trap. It's all fine and good, but... how then did Moff Pyron manage to contact me a bit earlier? He did it twice - first time via holocommunicator, second time via mail. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Oh, and while i'm at it, another small question.

Why did Lord Ivress suddenly decide to surrender? The whole conversation with him didn't make sense to me at all.

And Captain Milinec... in the cutrscene, i convinced him that i'm a Revanite and Ivress is plotting against him. Milinec thanked me and went away to check it. And then i get a mail from him where he says how he regrets running away from me under the threat of death and how he can't return to Revanites. I'm really confused by all this. Am i missing something or it's just the poor quality of the story?

Edited by Trollokdamus

According to Theron, Revanites have a signal jammer, which means "no communications at all up in Rishi space". That's the reason why we can't contact the approaching Imperial fleet to warn them about the trap. It's all fine and good, but... how then did Moff Pyron manage to contact me a bit earlier? He did it twice - first time via holocommunicator, second time via mail. Any ideas?

Pyron contacted you before they started jamming.

Why did Lord Ivress suddenly decide to surrender? The whole conversation with him didn't make sense to me at all.

And Captain Milinec... in the cutrscene, i convinced him that i'm a Revanite and Ivress is plotting against him. Milinec thanked me and went away to check it. And then i get a mail from him where he says how he regrets running away from me under the threat of death and how he can't return to Revanites. I'm really confused by all this. Am i missing something or it's just the poor quality of the story?

Ivress backs down because you appealed to his patriotism, caused doubt in his allies, or intimidated him. His change of heart was rather sudden, but the idea was that the two camps have friction between them and were harried by doubts. This wasn't conveyed at all I feel. Would have helped to have some hesitation or wavering in his initial defiance.

It was a rather sloppily done scene overall really. Ivress will say he'll look into "your claims" about the Republic Revanites even if you never said anything of the sort.

As far as Milinec goes, it sounds to me like you're mixing up what happened on your Republic character with your Imperial.

Edited by Senrie

Thanks.

The signal jammer was yet unknown in that part of the storyline, this was during the events with Torch. you have yet to know about the revanites just yet until torch gives you a little bit of intel.

And yes as someone else stated, it was not yet active, it was likely activated just before both fleets emerged to attack.

the one plot point i have already had trouble dealing with is communications with theron from the ground, a signal jammer should permiate the area with static, powerful enough to prevent communication from the off, although it was acknowledged a little later that the signal was starting to break up. that kind of setup should of been powerful enough to block communications for maybe a few miles in all directions. so really theron should not of had any communication at all with your character.

as for the last bit if you are an imperial player you get the chance to rescue ivress and captain milnec by literally assaulting him to get him to change his mind, or you could kill him. if you were a republic player you can save milnec but ivress will be killed regardless.