Ship Identification help?

NyakiStryker

Hello, i know this may seem odd. But i just love the design of this ship, i encountered it in one of the Trooper missions on Tatooine while trying to recover an undercover agent. I haven't been able to find a name for it or even a ship classification. Would anyone happen to know what class a ship it is? Thank you. Image here: http://i61.tinypic.com/1zna0di.jpg

For all the small, random shuttles/ships in the game, we're never given makes/models/names (although by the same token, the player ships are inexplicably unchristened too). Some are obviously Republic or Empire, but most get used by both, or even by unaligned parties (pirates, Hutts, etc). They seem to have four to six random ship models which get used for various purposes. I imagine an enterprising person could catalogue every usage of every model and possibly figure out some logic.... or likely as not, not.

This particular one seems to be the throwaway equivalent to the player ships, used when the NPC needs a ship with roughly the same capabilities, but for whatever reason Bioware decided that the player ships have to be unique and unuseable by NPCs. I've seen it in several class stories:

It's the same kind of ship the Smuggler sees an NPC trying to escape with on Belsavis, two Jedi flying one try to ambush the Warrior, Watcher Two uses one the one time she doesn't stay in Intelligence headquarters, and the Agent sees one on at least one other occasion, because Hunter uses it on Hoth. There are tons more examples, and obviously they're not exclusively one faction or the other.

Edited by Diviciacus

This particular one seems to be the throwaway equivalent to the player ships, used when the NPC needs a ship with roughly the same capabilities, but for whatever reason Bioware decided that the player ships have to be unique and unuseable by NPCs. I've seen it in several class stories:

Despite this, in space missions you get to shoot down player-character model star ships in plenty of mission. I'm also certain as one point in the sith Warrior's Story you end up boarding a Jedi defender to 'meet with Jeasa'. And then the interior ends up looking nothing like a player version or even make sense for the ship.

on the note of star ships, I kind of wish some of these NPC star ships were available for player use, or more specifically just different looking ships between Inquisitor and Jedi Knight from their fellow force user counterparts.

Or at least swap between ships as maybe a late game perk.