Announcing End Season 5 Gladiatorial Rewards

TaitWatson

To be fair, if you look up some of the people complaining about not being able to reach T1, they have under 30 wins. Ranked matches are about 7 minutes each on average. 30 wins equates to 210 minutes inside an arena, almost 4 hours. A PvP season is 90 days, so 2,160 hours. So people who have only played approx .18% of the season, yes that's right, they don't even put in 1% playtime of the entire season are complaining about how unfair it is that they can't achieve what 1.6% of all players achieved.

Everyone has a life, commitments, school or work. A family. But if you have only played 4 hours out of a 2,160 hour season, please don't be shocked when you don't qualify for top tier rewards. To just PLAY 100 games would take on average 700 minutes, which is 11.4 hours which is NOT EVEN 1% of the entire season. It's only half of a percent of total time available in the season. So job, life or not, if you can't even reach 100 games played, which is .5% of the entire season, then you have no right to complain about not being eligible for rewards.

Tell that to Jung Ma where we spend hours each night practically begging people to queue only for no one to care :eek:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to Jung Ma where we spend hours each night practically begging people to queue only for no one to care :eek:

You'll be glad to know that you can transfer to a lively PVP server starting tomorrow for only 90cc. Rejoice and celebrate

You'll be glad to know that you can transfer to a lively PVP server starting tomorrow for only 90cc. Rejoice and celebrate

The idiot lemmings who transfer servers twice a week are the reason we can't have cross server. Bioware absolutely has the ability to make cross server happen. They never will as long as in means they will lose revenue in Cartel Coin sales from server transfers.

Ranked matches are about 7 minutes each on average. 30 wins equates to 210 minutes inside an arena, almost 4 hours.

Pretty unbelievable how ignorant this is. None but the most populated servers can get even close to that in queue times. Most nights we are lucky if it even pops at all.

Edited by kvandertulip

Pretty unbelievable how ignorant this is. None but the most populated servers can get even close to that in queue times. Most nights we are lucky if it even pops at all.

I have close to 600 games played across 7 characters so I wouldnt say Krea is far off. I think maybe 75 of those games are from Harbinger and the rest JC.

Damn. BW can't get it right.

Previous seasons I remember people complaining about rating requirements being too low, "any noob can get it", "pve heroes can get the same rewards as the best pvp players", and stuff like that....

Now it's too high :rolleyes:

How are these "champion of the advanced class" - titles rewarded? Are there really only 3 people per advanced class, which would be only 24 people in the whole game, who get it, or the 3 top players of each class on the server?

It's Top 3 character on the Solo Ranked Leaderboard of each Advanced Class and the top 3 characters on Team Ranked Leaderboard of each Advanced Class. So it's 24 players on the Solo Ranked Leaderboard and 24 players on the Team Ranked Leaderboard for EACH faction.

48 players in the world of EACH faction = Top 96 players in the world. :)

Where did "... which would be only 24 people in the whole game ..." come from? :D

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
rude part removed

To be fair, if you look up some of the people complaining about not being able to reach T1, they have under 30 wins. Ranked matches are about 7 minutes each on average. 30 wins equates to 210 minutes inside an arena, almost 4 hours. A PvP season is 90 days, so 2,160 hours. So people who have only played approx .18% of the season, yes that's right, they don't even put in 1% playtime of the entire season are complaining about how unfair it is that they can't achieve what 1.6% of all players achieved.

Everyone has a life, commitments, school or work. A family. But if you have only played 4 hours out of a 2,160 hour season, please don't be shocked when you don't qualify for top tier rewards. To just PLAY 100 games would take on average 700 minutes, which is 11.4 hours which is NOT EVEN 1% of the entire season. It's only half of a percent of total time available in the season. So job, life or not, if you can't even reach 100 games played, which is .5% of the entire season, then you have no right to complain about not being eligible for rewards.

Well, the math is solid, and I agree with what you are saying in principle, but it is forgetting one key thing - getting queue pops, which can be from few seconds to hours, which sort of break the math

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the math is solid, and I agree with what you are saying in principle, but it is forgetting one key thing - getting queue pops, which can be from few seconds to hours, which sort of break the math

Judging by your sig, you play on TOFN where ranked almost pops all day, everyday.

There does seem to be a pretty big gap in terms of bronze to silver. I'm not going to complain about tier 1. If 2% or so of the players get that, that's cool with me. It's just that silver is going to be around 10% from the looks of it, so that means that about 90% of the players will get bronze or less, which the bronze rewards are basically non-existent. Here, wear a title that proclaims to everybody that you suck at pvp. :p It would be like giving a title for X number of wipes in a given operation haha. So, if you don't think you can hit silver, there is not really any reward incentive to play or keep playing. Just try 10 matches (or less) with this toon, 10 matches with another toon, 10 matches with another, etc. until you get lucky. :p

Personally, the bronze rewards do not motivate me at all. I have a few toons sitting at 8-9 games. They are going to stay there. Bottom line is, the 3.3 changes can't come soon enough. Players will still complain about ratings, but at least there will be a chance to get the shiny rewards through active participation.

Edited by teclado

Looks good.

Based on current leaderboard data, there are 20 commandos in the game that will get that assault cannon, only two on the harbinger. Just sayin'. That's a pretty exclusive club. I know that there are probably a few more that hit 1350 highest earned, but I feel bad that the art department efforts are kind of wasted on such a small number.

I think you need to recognize where the bar is being set, and grade on a curve based on classes and factions. So, tier 2 for e.g. commandos might be set at 1200 opposed to 1350, 1500 for powertechs, etc. Failure to do this just makes people not want to play, and forces players over to the dominant classes and the dominant faction, thereby making class and faction balance look even worse.

Here's the procedure. Determine a percentage of the players of a given class+faction that you want for each tier. At the end of the season, give rewards to the players that hit that percentage. So, if you want tier 1 for a commando, you need to be in the top e.g. 5% of all commandos.

Anyway, looking forward to next season where the underpowered-for-arenas classes can at least grind them out. Even still, I think you need to grade on a curve as long as rating has any effect on rewards.

EDIT: Ok, so actually 72 Merc/Mando (Although the ordering seems a little bugged on the boards). Anyway, I know that you guys have all the data points. Just understand that the current rewards structure encourages players to go to the dominant faction and classes. I'm probably not saying anything that you don't already know, so I'm just going to stop.

Edited by teclado

Looks good.

Based on current leaderboard data, there are 20 commandos in the game that will get that assault cannon, only two on the harbinger. Just sayin'. That's a pretty exclusive club. I know that there are probably a few more that hit 1350 highest earned, but I feel bad that the art department efforts are kind of wasted on such a small number.

I think you need to recognize where the bar is being set, and grade on a curve based on classes and factions. So, tier 2 for e.g. commandos might be set at 1200 opposed to 1350, 1500 for powertechs, etc. Failure to do this just makes people not want to play, and forces players over to the dominant classes and the dominant faction, thereby making class and faction balance look even worse.

Here's the procedure. Determine a percentage of the players of a given class+faction that you want for each tier. At the end of the season, give rewards to the players that hit that percentage. So, if you want tier 1 for a commando, you need to be in the top e.g. 5% of all commandos.

Anyway, looking forward to next season where the underpowered-for-arenas classes can at least grind them out. Even still, I think you need to grade on a curve as long as rating has any effect on rewards.

This suggestion times one thousand!

No good having cool stuff when such a small fraction get it suggesting it unattainable for the top 5% of mercs/mandos

These are rifles and not bowcasters, right? So what are these horrendous looking things on the side? Mini-lightsabers? Phallus? I guess you guys figured we wanted a flourish but you forgot it. But, ofcourse! The design was already done!

"Now what?!"

"Oh well, we just put two utterly weird and non-functional extensions on the sides with shiny lights - that'll make them happy!"'

Classic bioware :rolleyes:

Edited by Hirchart

Looks good.

Actually, you get all the weapons. It's not excluded to AC:D

Hey everyone!

We have updated the original article with .gifs of the weapon set!

-Tait

Weapons looks like **** but it is not that impotant the question is when are you gonna make pvp viable for every class? We would like to see more class variation in games where skill is important not class. Maybe i could start doing some pvp again. But if you continue doing class balance with spreadsheet and pve we will never see a fun pvp in this game. Well i watched your combat team talking about classes a few times and i really have no hope for class balance ever gonna happen that combat team have no idea about classes in game that is a shame.

Edited by omeru

Ranked PvP doesn't pop because the list of people who are good enough to even think about placing is very short, which makes the list even shorter, because the queues are so long.

PvP games tend to eat themselves alive after a while, because the strong and skilled get better, and the learning curve gets ever steeper.

A year or two ago, an unbalanced match would have been like putting a middle school team against high school varsity, because. Now it's like middle school vs. whoever won the super bowl/world series/etc, with occasionally some steroids thrown in for good measure.