Beyond alting, how do I earn Legacy XP?

AlkalineKitten

I looked, but couldn't really find anything on this short of "you can".

I really only have two classes I like. One of which I do play both ACs, so three characters. The others, at the time, don't interest me.

I like PvP. I like new PvE content. I like dailies and stuff.

Will I be able to grind Legacy XP? I'm not a major altoholic, but all I've found is people discussing alts.

Just curious how the system works for someone like me, and if it's truly worth worrying getting my main to 30ish vs playing my others and not minding. My main character duos with my friend, you see, and our alts are for "when you're not online" affairs. But my main is still the closest to Legacy unlock with our arrangement.

Edited by AlkalineKitten

That might be it, that's the kind of confirmation I'm looking for.

I probably will level up others eventually, for the story, but I did give each class a try to 20 in beta and EA (my friends were maddened by my constant "eh...not feeling this AC, let me try..." while they were cemented in their choice).

I just know I don't, at the moment, care for some of the class mechanics or even aesthetics (love the Consular, can't stand the Inquisitor), and would like to focus on my Shadow, Scoundrel, and Sniper with little to no interest in anything else.

Same reason in, say, Mass Effect I know I prefer Soldier or Vanguard to the other classes, and even on subsequent replays stick with those.

And I suppose we really won't know until they explain the actual system. My guess was it would be like "guild XP" in Warcraft, where the Legacy gives heirloom gear or mounts or cosmetic fluff.

It's the prospect of Orange gear or something that entices me more than an XP boost or whatever.

It seems that just quests in general give Legacy exp. That's all I've done, don't have an alt, and I've been getting Legacy exp.

Yeah but you run out of quests eventually, or out level them. Dailies do give legacy, but I'm not sure how much it adds up to if you do all of them over the course of the day. I know that leveling an alt from 1-20 has very little impact on the legacy bar in the lvl 6-7 range.

Once you unlock your legacy, 20% of all XP earned by any of your characters on that server is also given to you as Legacy Points. Not sure what happens once you hit the level cap, but you should get at least 20% of what the quest would of given as XP as LP.

As for the rewards of leveling your legacy, they are still unknown. They haven't given any information on them yet other than just giving the Legacy Name.

Edited by Icid

Continue playing the game (with any character) and you gain legacy XP. Did you bother to try the most logical approach before posting? :rolleyes:

No seriously, not trying to be an *** or anything. What I would like to know is what (if any) the legacy level cap will be and how much features the system will unlock for character creation.

Edited by C-Bee

Continue playing the game (with any character) and you gain legacy XP. Did you bother to try the most logical approach before posting? :rolleyes:

But what if you don't want to play any other character? I don't think every single person wants to roll every single class, even if the story is good, they might just not like the gameplay.

I can't, I haven't actually unlocked Legacy yet, because I alt around enough as is. I'm just asking for those who already do, like the above repliers, since there's no info on it beyond "Soon, just alt".

Edited by AlkalineKitten

But what if you don't want to play any other character? I don't think every single person wants to roll every single class, even if the story is good, they might just not like the gameplay.

they dont have to, space missions, dailies, flashpoints, and pvp warzones all grant xp which should also grant legacy xp. so you dont have to have an alt to lvl it.

My last post might have been a bit harsh, sorry about that. The point of my post was that people should not worry about features they have not unlocked yet. When you get there, you'll find out what it's all about.

As for the possible (still not implemented) benefits for character creation that legacy is supposed to unlock in future far far away... we'll see what it is once it's implemented and if it turns out to be something really outrageous, that's when we start stomping our feet and throw a tantrum. No point in worrying about it now.