So about Durge...

How do you guys think, about what would happen if he was around in the GCW era? I mean this was someone who lived for 2k years, been in 2 wars(New sith wars and clone wars), racked up a lot of bounties, and was pretty much an unstoppable killing machine that no one could contend with. I mean it took a damn sun to kill the guy, whereas blasters, lightsabers, explosions didn't do **** to him and if it did he could just regenerate. So lets say that Durge survived the clone wars, and survived up to the GCW which side do you think he would be on? The Empire or Rebellion? Or would he just be a freelance mercenary who just went around, blowing **** up?

Here is Durge for those who don't know: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge

If he survived to the GCW era, I don't really think anyone would be able to stop him. Well...except(maybe) perhaps Palpatine. I mean unless someone figured out an idea, is to throw him into a star....but what would be the odds of that being able to happen?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm a big Durge fan (As you know), and he probably would have, as previously stated, worked for whichever side had the money. Be interesting to think about how each battle would have gone differently if Durge had been there...

Well for space battles, I wanna say it could go either way because a fighter is a fighter. Ground battles however, I could see going like this.

===

Battle of Hoth: If on the Empire side it would just be the same with them winning and taking over the base, however on the Rebel side. There could be a possibility that they could win, just because Durge would probably be able to get inside of an AT-AT somehow kill the crew and use the walker to destroy the other ones.

Battle of Endor: If with the Empire....heh well the Empire wins, with the Rebels they win even faster plus with the Ewoks help.

• 3 weeks later...
Well for space battles, I wanna say it could go either way because a fighter is a fighter. Ground battles however, I could see going like this.

===

Battle of Hoth: If on the Empire side it would just be the same with them winning and taking over the base, however on the Rebel side. There could be a possibility that they could win, just because Durge would probably be able to get inside of an AT-AT somehow kill the crew and use the walker to destroy the other ones.

Battle of Endor: If with the Empire....heh well the Empire wins, with the Rebels they win even faster plus with the Ewoks help.

I can easily imagine the AT-ATs storming Echo Base, the rebels running in panic, when from out of nowhere a gigantic, inhuman hand punches through the top of a cockpit and kills the pilot. The weak neck section is bodily ripped from the head, and...excuse me, I need to write this down.

How do you guys think, about what would happen if he was around in the GCW era? I mean this was someone who lived for 2k years, been in 2 wars(New sith wars and clone wars), racked up a lot of bounties, and was pretty much an unstoppable killing machine that no one could contend with. I mean it took a damn sun to kill the guy, whereas blasters, lightsabers, explosions didn't do **** to him and if it did he could just regenerate. So lets say that Durge survived the clone wars, and survived up to the GCW which side do you think he would be on? The Empire or Rebellion? Or would he just be a freelance mercenary who just went around, blowing **** up?

Here is Durge for those who don't know: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge

If he survived to the GCW era, I don't really think anyone would be able to stop him. Well...except(maybe) perhaps Palpatine. I mean unless someone figured out an idea, is to throw him into a star....but what would be the odds of that being able to happen?

What are you talkig about?

Last I checked Obi-wan killed Durge with the force after Durge engulfed him.

What are you talkig about?

Last I checked Obi-wan killed Durge with the force after Durge engulfed him.

No. Pay attention next time you watch that scene. If you looks more closely you will see him reforming as they are walking away and the camera pans down to his remains meaning he's not dead yet. It's similar to how earlier Obi Wan had sliced both Durge's body parts off only for them to come back together when Obi Wan left.

Besides....Killing of characters in Clone Wars....sometimes doesn't make them stay dead....Looking at you Kr'uhk and Asajj.

If you looking for a death, though, I'm not sure this is still canon with The Clone Wars take on Asajj Ventress, but Obsession #3 has Durge dying when Anakin sent him flying into a Star via an escape pod and Force Push.

No. Pay attention next time you watch that scene. If you looks more closely you will see him reforming as they are walking away and the camera pans down to his remains meaning he's not dead yet. It's similar to how earlier Obi Wan had sliced both Durge's body parts off only for them to come back together when Obi Wan left.

Besides....Killing of characters in Clone Wars....sometimes doesn't make them stay dead....Looking at you Kr'uhk and Asajj.

If you looking for a death, though, I'm not sure this is still canon with The Clone Wars take on Asajj Ventress, but Obsession #3 has Durge dying when Anakin sent him flying into a Star via an escape pod and Force Push.

Durge is alive in Star Wars: Galaxies although his resurrection is limiting for his abilities. Durge is put in a suit like Vader was.

Durge is alive in Star Wars: Galaxies although his resurrection is limiting for his abilities. Durge is put in a suit like Vader was.

Well it wasn't really the real Durge, it was just described as a grievously injured being that could recover very quickly. It was known as Project: "Durge"....now it could be the real Durge, but I don't see how they could have gotten him if he was thrown into a star unless somehow escaped enough to where Durge could still survive and later on the Imperials could have recovered the pod.

That does give a very interesting idea for a new novel, The Return of Durge. It would revolve around Durge, and near the end of the book he fights Boba Fett and kills him. I mean why not? Bounty hunter vs Bounty hunter/merc who was trained by a mandalorian too, and has on a few occasions fought Boba.

Plus...I mean come on, Boba is what? In his 80's? Humans only live up to a 100, so I don't see how much else Boba could do. I certainly don't see him retiring or anything, that just doesn't seem like his character...so a better send off would be him vs Durge.

Well it wasn't really the real Durge, it was just described as a grievously injured being that could recover very quickly. It was known as Project: "Durge"....now it could be the real Durge, but I don't see how they could have gotten him if he was thrown into a star unless somehow escaped enough to where Durge could still survive and later on the Imperials could have recovered the pod.

That does give a very interesting idea for a new novel, The Return of Durge. It would revolve around Durge, and near the end of the book he fights Boba Fett and kills him. I mean why not? Bounty hunter vs Bounty hunter/merc who was trained by a mandalorian too, and has on a few occasions fought Boba.

Plus...I mean come on, Boba is what? In his 80's? Humans only live up to a 100, so I don't see how much else Boba could do. I certainly don't see him retiring or anything, that just doesn't seem like his character...so a better send off would be him vs Durge.

That would be cool. I would buy that book if it was made.

I consider it Durge because if I recall correctly didn't Boba Fett call it Durge? I have no idea how it could be the real Durge because of the whole getting sent into a sun thing unless a few parts of him that he lost elsewhere never rejoined the main body and could act on its own like the symbiote (spelling from Spider-Man. Now that I think about it, It is possible that another Gen'Dai was used for Project Durge, but why called it Project Durge, why not Project Regeneration? Don't most Projects named after something directly relate to it?

Fett Vs. Durge would be amazing, I would want them to both kill each other though because it is Fett.

Edited by Tuscad

I consider it Durge because if I recall correctly didn't Boba Fett call it Durge? I have no idea how it could be the real Durge because of the whole getting sent into a sun thing unless a few parts of him that he lost elsewhere never rejoined the main body and could act on its own like the symbiote (spelling from Spider-Man. Now that I think about it, It is possible that another Gen'Dai was used for Project Durge, but why called it Project Durge, why not Project Regeneration? Don't most Projects named after something directly relate to it?

Fett Vs. Durge would be amazing, I would want them to both kill each other though because it is Fett.

Eh well the scientists couldn't really figure it out, but it could be Durge. As for them both killing eachother....if a star couldn't kill him, I don't think anything Boba has would lol. Besides the guy is old! Though just learned, Boba did stop being a BH and hes too old to do anything so that idea is gone.

Eh well the scientists couldn't really figure it out, but it could be Durge. As for them both killing eachother....if a star couldn't kill him, I don't think anything Boba has would lol. Besides the guy is old! Though just learned, Boba did stop being a BH and hes too old to do anything so that idea is gone.

FOTJ Spoiler

He broke Daala out of a prison on Coruscant alone. He still has some fight left in him.

I think he could blow up his jetpack and kill himself and Durge, or have Mirta use the Slave 1 to fire rockets on him and Durge, I don't know though. I am sure someone could write something compelling. Although (Another FOTJ Spoiler)

Fett is busy trying to make it to where he can set foot on Mandalor again(forgot planet's spelling).

Edit: Also being old didn't stop John Wayne, the only thing that will stop Fett is being dead. :rak_03:

Edited by Tuscad

FOTJ Spoiler

He broke Daala out of a prison on Coruscant alone. He still has some fight left in him.

I think he could blow up his jetpack and kill himself and Durge, or have Mirta use the Slave 1 to fire rockets on him and Durge, I don't know though. I am sure someone could write something compelling. Although (Another FOTJ Spoiler)

Fett is busy trying to make it to where he can set foot on Mandalor again(forgot planet's spelling).

Edit: Also being old didn't stop John Wayne, the only thing that will stop Fett is being dead. :rak_03:

Eh, Durge has survived worse then a jetpack explosion and rockets. I mean he was blown to bits by Obi-Wan and he still survived, the guy is pretty much like Doomsday from DC lol.