A few questions

Ulfrik_Wulfgar

I'm new so I hope people will bear with me.

1. How does Valor work? I've engaged in a few successful PvP 1v1s but it still shows Valor 0.

2. How do you get PvP commendations?

3. How does Strength equate to Damage?

4. Same for Endurance vs. Armour rating.

1. Valor increases as you PvP, and you will get far more valor from doing warzones than you will just killing people out in the world. It's only important until you hit 40, at which point you can spend ranked warzone comms. After that, it's largely a bragging thing. (Also get titles every 10 valor levels)

2. You get them from completing Warzones, as well as from the PvP daily/weekly from the PvP terminal on the fleets.

3. Strength (assuming you are a sith warrior/jedi knight) increases your melee damage and crit chance if you are one of the two mentioned classes. (This includes their sub-classes) strength is largely useless to the other classes.

4. Endurance increases your health by 10 per 1 point of endurance (past the base endurance) and armor reduces weapon and elemental damage taken from attacks by x%.

Edited by Xiahoufig

1. How does Valor work? I've engaged in a few successful PvP 1v1s but it still shows Valor 0.

The game doesn't award us anything for killing players in open world pvp. To get valor you'll need to join PVP warzones. There's a little Republic or Imperial symbol on the bottom right of your minimap on your main HUD screen. Right click it, then queue for warzone.

2. How do you get PvP commendations?

Only by competing in PVP warzones.

3. How does Strength equate to Damage?

What class or advanced class are you playing? Sith Assassin for example...

4. Same for Endurance vs. Armour rating.

Basically endurance increases your health pool, armor increases your protection from attacks. There are more in-depth guides if you google.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Thanks for the replies but you've both misunderstood the last two questions. I know what Strength and Endurance do, what I want to know is how Strength relates to Damage and Endurance to Armour. For example, if I have a Weapon that carries 1 less Strength what is the damage rating needed to produce the same DPS? Similarly, if I have armour that reduces my endurance by 1, how much extra armour rating do I need to provide the same level of survivability? I understand what each rating does, just not the correlation between each one in this game.

Also, how do I compete in PvP Warzones and what level is recommended/needed for them, please?

Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

Anyone, please?

I think you're looking at STR and END the wrong way. STR doesnt directly equate to the weapon rating nor does END relate to armor rating. You can see how each stat affects your character by opening the character window and looking at the lower section. Hover over each item there and it gives a break down of all the things that affect those areas.

I think you're looking at STR and END the wrong way. STR doesnt directly equate to the weapon rating nor does END relate to armor rating. You can see how each stat affects your character by opening the character window and looking at the lower section. Hover over each item there and it gives a break down of all the things that affect those areas.

I know that. Endurance = more Health. Armour = Damage reduction = less health loss = more Health. They equate to the same thing indirectly. Same with Strength. Strength indirectly equates to the damage potential. The weapon may not hit as hard like for like but your additional strength makes up for that. But without knowing what each equates to I'm unable to make a decision on whether one piece of equipment is better than the other.

Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

To compete in warzones you click on your faction icon in the bottom right corner of your minimap and join a queue. There is one queue for level 10 - 49 characters and all your stats are buffed to what they would be at 49. The second queue is for level 50 characters only. There are also ranked warzones for full groups of 8 level 50 characters. Basically you only need to be level 10 to take part. If you are unsure what to do in a warzone, please ask. There are guides including in the PvP section of these forums but sometimes things may not be clear, so ask. The first time you load into a Huttball warzone you will get a new ability "Pass Huttball" take a second and keybind it.

To compete in warzones you click on your faction icon in the bottom right corner of your minimap and join a queue. There is one queue for level 10 - 49 characters and all your stats are buffed to what they would be at 49. The second queue is for level 50 characters only. There are also ranked warzones for full groups of 8 level 50 characters. Basically you only need to be level 10 to take part. If you are unsure what to do in a warzone, please ask. There are guides including in the PvP section of these forums but sometimes things may not be clear, so ask. The first time you load into a Huttball warzone you will get a new ability "Pass Huttball" take a second and keybind it.

Do I need to be part of a guild?

I know that. Endurance = more Health. Armour = Damage reduction = less health loss = more Health. They equate to the same thing indirectly. Same with Strength. Strength indirectly equates to the damage potential. The weapon may not hit as hard like for like but your additional strength makes up for that. But without knowing what each equates to I'm unable to make a decision on whether one piece of equipment is better than the other.

I don't know the exact formula, but you'll always want to wear the armor rated for your class. I.E. don't wear marauder gear as a jugg, even if the stats are better since it isn't heavy armor. Armor rating on moddable gear is determined by the armoring in them, so higher level armoring should have better stats anyway. For the most part, I haven't noticed non-moddable gear that had a significantly higher armor rating with reduced stats (maybe reduced tank stats for higher DPS stats) unless it was a different armor type (heavy vs. medium). Either way, you won"t have the problem at end game and as long as your gear is within 5 or so levels of your character, you really won't have any problems running any content while leveling.

I don't know the exact formula, but you'll always want to wear the armor rated for your class. I.E. don't wear marauder gear as a jugg, even if the stats are better since it isn't heavy armor. Armor rating on moddable gear is determined by the armoring in them, so higher level armoring should have better stats anyway. For the most part, I haven't noticed non-moddable gear that had a significantly higher armor rating with reduced stats (maybe reduced tank stats for higher DPS stats) unless it was a different armor type (heavy vs. medium). Either way, you won"t have the problem at end game and as long as your gear is within 5 or so levels of your character, you really won't have any problems running any content while leveling.

O.K., thank you.

Do I need to be part of a guild?

Nope. You can queue for WZ's as a solo. When the next WZ comes available, you'll get a pop-up window asking you if you want to teleport to the WZ. You have 60 seconds to accept, else you are dropped from the queue. (This is to give you a chance to finish any battle you were in or get yourself to a safe spot for when you come back.)

If you know all that, then you've answered your own question with your own knowledge already. If you didn't know anything already said, then you don't know all that.

To reiterate...

Str will increase your damage by an i forget the exact amount per point if, and only if, you are a Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight (and their advance classes naturally). You can find out your damage breakdown by opening your character sheet, looking at the bottom left box with the Melee stats, hovering over Damage and Bonus Damage.

Endurance gives you 10 hp per 1 point of endurance over the base. That's it's effect right there. There is no correlation between endurance and armor so your question of Endurance vs Armor rating is rather confusing and not answerable.

You seem to be curious about these stats in an attempt to help you gear better. All I can really say on this note is, better gear will give you more strength and endurance and damage and a secondary stat or two (crit/surge/power/alacrity). So trying to compare incomparable stats is sort of moot. If numbers are green, equip it. You can read through these forums on suggested sweet spots for all stats to help you gear up properly too.

If you come to a choice of say, gaining X str but losing Y end, you have to ask yourself "Do i need more strength or health at this point?" and equip accordingly. You'll also notice as your leveling and gearing that most equipment types and mods designed for a class tend to have two paths... Path A. which will favor primary stat over endurance slightly (good options for the dps and heal roles)... and Path B. which will favor endurance over primary stat slightly (presumably good for tank roles). This is something to also keep in mind when deciding what to sacrifice for what when gearing up.

If that didn't answer your curiosity at all then I don't know if anyone will really understand what it is exactly you want to know.