How is there still not Arena?

OKandrew

What's areana?

Sorry, forgot to add "What advantages/disadvantages does areana have over the current format?"

It only requires 3-5 people depending on how they want to do brackets. I believe 3v3 would be the most balanced.

Because it is only 3v3 it would mean significantly more teams queuing, the good players would get into the high brackets and fight amongst themselves, the average players would remain in the low brackets and fight amongst themselves.

As it is right now, on my server 3-4 teams dominate RWZ's, anyone else just gets rolled. Those players in turn stop qing RWZ's and the good players end up stuck in queue by themselves. So the good players get bored and the bad players are frustrated right now.

Give us 3v3 and PvP will be a lot more enjoyable. It's also easier for most guilds or players to find 2 other people to queue with on par with themselves than looking for 7 more.

The list just goes on. It would mean that serious organized PvPers would be happy, and casuals would still be able to get into games and have fun. As it is right now, a pug group will queue, fight my team, get destroyed. They will attempt to queue up again in hopes of getting a different team. Nope, the only other team queuing is mine and they get rolled again. Pug groups stops qing.

Edited by Megatfx

Well, keep Arena rewards the EXACT same rewards we get now, and I have no problem with it. The problem lies with people who want Arena, always want better gear for it. Most don't do it for the PvP, they do it for the gear then queue regular battlegrounds to own lesser geared players. Are most of you who want Arena OK with the same gear? Be honest.

Oh jesus no. The last thing we need are classes that suck in small scale combat getting worse because they can't arena. Marauders are a must have in arena, and the only healer worth taking is obviously going to be OPs. Face it, there is no arena because it would serve to UNDERSCORE the classes that are already suffering in pvp.

Also, PvE>> Spaceship combat >>>>>> PvP in this game.

Edited by Azrienov

Oh jesus no. The last thing we need are classes that suck in small scale combat getting worse because they can't arena. Marauders are a must have in arena, and the only healer worth taking is obviously going to be OPs. Face it, there is no arena because it would serve to UNDERSCORE the classes that are already suffering in pvp.

So, those classes would then continue queing regular warzone's, what difference would it make for them then?

There is no valid argument to not have arena's imo. More PvP options, and they are a blast. It could even make BW look at the classes that are not performing well. It can't hurt, and I can see it bringing ALLOT of hardcore players back.

So, those classes would then continue queing regular warzone's, what difference would it make for them then?

There is no valid argument to not have arena's imo. More PvP options, and they are a blast. It could even make BW look at the classes that are not performing well. It can't hurt, and I can see it bringing ALLOT of hardcore players back.

There is no valid argument to have arena imo. Them being a blast is one opinion, and personally not mine. How is it going to make bioware look at the classes anymore so than they do now?

It could hurt, if balance nerf/buffs were adjusted to arena balancing and balancing around 3v3 combat or 2v2 combat or 1v1 combat in game that is designed for larger more teamplay orintated pvp. (not that pvp was the first thought in the proces in the first place)

Yeah this.

I've liked arena style instances in games that have had them, but the class balancing in this game is dreadful. Arenas with small numbers of competitors per team would only serve to accentuate that problem - 2 or 3 classes would completely dominate.

Edited by Jherad

We have arenas. They are called warzones.We don't need any 3v3 or 4v4 type. Like the ranked warzones, arenas are over-rated.

:eek:

what are you smoking? we can't get rated wz's to pop because they require a full 8m premade. arenas are things you can do with a friend or 2. much much much easier to put together. I don't understand your pov at all.

Arenas would be a great addition to this game 1v1 with companions is something I'd be really interested in minx maxing your companions and utilising their abilities as well as your own would be fun and challenging

And as for balancing issues who cares it never stopped me from Having a lot of fun in wow arena and like all the doom and gloom about 1.4pvp I'm still having fun.

if you can't handle a bit Of class Adjustment then mmo pvp is not for you And if you're that dead against arena you can just choose To not participate iim sure you won't be Missed

Edited by denpic

If you want arenas then sure get it, but with no rewards at all (maybe cosmetics and titles), this way the dev team will never look at them for balance issues and we'll be all happy.

Make them just for fun and not part of progression.

I disagree they should be another path to pvp gearing with the same rewards as war zones The more the better

Ranked is a failure as far as I'm concerned due to their inability to implement a xserver queue system so

An arena system with smaller teams and smaller Maps would be welcomed

Edited by denpic

• 1 month later...

ya sages/sorcerers would be great at arena and to be honest i know a few commandos that would as well. the game is balanced enough for arenas there wouldn't need to be a change a good team is more then just the combo of characters its the players there ability at there character and there communication.