Looking for the best guild on JC?

Loard_Varen

The best pub side guild for ops, AFAIK, is Crimson Sky. They like one-shot everything. But AFAIK they're very selective about who they let join.

Republic Gentlemen seems to be the most active for progression raiding. House Lannister/Fortitude are pretty active as well.

Imp side, I have no clue ops-wise. I know Hail Skroob does ops.

As for PvP? Well my guild Secforce Squadron used to have some killer PvPer's but they all left. I don't know who's big into it on pub side, but LD50 is like the best Imp PvP guild that I know of.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

When it comes to pvp... Unless you have a group of friends transferring with you that you already know are good, and will form your own guild, avoid pub side. There are no pubpvp guilds. There's about 5-6 good players who will queue regularly, all from different guilds. Occasionally some imps will play their pub alts, but otherwise it's a sad state of affairs.

There are several ok to pretty good imp guilds if your ceiling is regs. LD-Fifty, Synchro, Resurgem, Last Contingency, Oblivion. Any of those is fine. I can't speak on ranked, as I don't participate.

I don't pve so I got nothing for you there

Edited by ace_boogie

The best pub side guild for ops, AFAIK, is Crimson Sky. They like one-shot everything. But AFAIK they're very selective about who they let join.

Republic Gentlemen seems to be the most active for progression raiding. House Lannister/Fortitude are pretty active as well.

Haha, thanks for the shout out, Eudoxia. :D I like how House Lannister and Fortitude deserve a / as if we're a pairing. XD (For the OP, the two Guilds do have a regular collaboration, but we're separate entities).

To signal boost for Fortitude, we do have quite a few raid teams and a core philosophy of 'the more the merrier'. I don't know if we'd be considered 'the best', though, outside of sheer numbers and activity level at the moment. Our raid teams run the gamut from beginners to high end progression, and we host a regular weekly Op training session in order to introduce people new to Operations or new to SWTOR raiding to the concepts and mechanics to prepare them to join a team someday.

Although we don't bill ourselves a "PVP Guild", we have a number of high end PVPers amongst our numbers as well, and it's not uncommon to get Guild groups together to go in and play together.

If any of this interests you, please feel free to check out our website at the link in my signature and apply. If not, hope you find something to your liking! :)

Interesting read here....

I've been looking for something new on JC lately since Republic Gentlemen's random-runs have dwindled a bit lately due to an exodus back to WoW. We still have set teams that run on a schedule, and my main will be there until the doors close, but in the state of the 4.0 world, PuGs just can't clear HM Ops (and no, EV and KP do not count), so running HM Ops outside of my progression team's schedule is painful.

Oh yeah... me the PeeVeePee get along real nice too :p (Guardian/Scoundrel - Jugg/Operative)

Here is what I asked the SWTOR Guild SubReddit - hit me up if your guild is active and competent!

Interesting read here....

I've been looking for something new on JC lately since Republic Gentlemen's random-runs have dwindled a bit lately due to an exodus back to WoW. We still have set teams that run on a schedule, and my main will be there until the doors close, but in the state of the 4.0 world, PuGs just can't clear HM Ops (and no, EV and KP do not count), so running HM Ops outside of my progression team's schedule is painful.

Oh yeah... me the PeeVeePee get along real nice too :p (Guardian/Scoundrel - Jugg/Operative)

Here is what I asked the SWTOR Guild SubReddit - hit me up if your guild is active and competent!

go imp side. pugging tfb/df/dp/snv/tos is pretty easy.

rav and ec can be a little rough to pug but the rest is easy.

Although our Intra-guild PUG Ops have slacked off as of late due to many of our players devoting time back to WoW and looking into ESO and a couple other games, we still do quite a bit in SWTOR. the best way to drum up some SWTOR fun is to hop in TS and see who wants to get something going. Although we don't often have more than 10 or so on in SWOR these days we typically have 30 or so people playing across different games and most of us will pop in SWTOR if there is something interesting going on.

The real problem with the game as a whole is that SWTOR is in sharp decline right now. SOOOO many guilds are leaving and playing other games and it is so hard for those of us that really enjoy the game to find folks to do random stuff with because GF is a nightmare and all the people that one would try to recruit are teenagers and don't fit in with an adult crowd...

Ugh Bioware why did you have to make THE ONLY GOOD SiFi MMO and then abandon its content for your own cartel market...

Sad times...

pubs side JC sucks so bad.

i dunno how to fail pug on impside unless you joined annifum

I guess I will have to try.... Because the whole reason I left impside and went pubside a while back, was because pug'ing was so painful I wanted to quit, and pubside was better.

JC pubs can't really PvP (there are exceptions to the rule), but for PvE they have historically been better than impside in my experience.

Although our Intra-guild PUG Ops have slacked off as of late due to many of our players devoting time back to WoW and looking into ESO and a couple other games, we still do quite a bit in SWTOR. the best way to drum up some SWTOR fun is to hop in TS and see who wants to get something going. Although we don't often have more than 10 or so on in SWOR these days we typically have 30 or so people playing across different games and most of us will pop in SWTOR if there is something interesting going on.

The real problem with the game as a whole is that SWTOR is in sharp decline right now. SOOOO many guilds are leaving and playing other games and it is so hard for those of us that really enjoy the game to find folks to do random stuff with because GF is a nightmare and all the people that one would try to recruit are teenagers and don't fit in with an adult crowd...

Ugh Bioware why did you have to make THE ONLY GOOD SiFi MMO and then abandon its content for your own cartel market...

Sad times...

Drivan, have you talked to Avin at all about doing some cross-pollination? Kilar, at least, hopped on our TS last week looking for an emergency sub, and someone from House Lannister does it all the time. :)

Drivan, have you talked to Avin at all about doing some cross-pollination? Kilar, at least, hopped on our TS last week looking for an emergency sub, and someone from House Lannister does it all the time. :)

We actually are planning to have a Birds and Bees ;) talk in our officer meeting this week. Maybe we all need to get together in voice chat sometime soon?

TeamSpeak party!

We always seem to have a need, Imp Side, on Thursdays these days.

I talked with our officers tonight and I think we are down with some further talks with the Fortitude gang.

We'll have our official meeting Saturday and I'll hook up with ya if that is ok?

From my experience I can't even get a Pug group together on imp side, and it's hard enough on pub side these days too. Imp side has always been worse for PvE, IMO, unless you're in a guild.

PvP is better on imp side on all the servers, not exclusive to Jedi Cov. I played like 60-70 matches last friday on pub side, and of those I think I won 5.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Dox, if you pug impside with mathcore - you know it will never fail.

Really pug experience depends on what side you play most - as i have large friend list impside and i know who i can invite and who i won't invite ever.

Same way its harder for me to play pub side as i dont really know ppl there.

And yeah dont remind me of pub pvp. (fun times farming pubs there for 55 kills tho XD)

We always seem to have a need, Imp Side, on Thursdays these days.

I talked with our officers tonight and I think we are down with some further talks with the Fortitude gang.

We'll have our official meeting Saturday and I'll hook up with ya if that is ok?

I can pass word around about Thursdays. ;)

Not sure 'when' on Saturday your official meeting is, but I'll be raiding with Kilar starting at about 9pm EST. I can try to be on a little earlier (say, 8:30pm) in case Avin can't.