Game continues to crash to desktop with no error message

savagedialects

I have tried everything. I ran the repair tool. I updated all my drivers. I bought new hardware. I am so dumbfounded.

It happens primarily when I change planets/instances. Is it a memory leak? Any help from a Bioware Employee would help. I've combed the forums on various websites and pretty much nobody has this issue in 2017.

I don't see any particular issue with that setup.

There aren't any memory leaks from what I can tell as I have a fraction of what you do RAM wise and can run the game for hours. Could be a bad RAM module though, problems with ram can manifest in various ways.

Do you have .NET framework installed and DX 9 installed correctly? It may even be a bitraider thing.

If you haven't already, send a ticket/email to support with a dxdiag report.

I don't see any particular issue with that setup.

There aren't any memory leaks from what I can tell as I have a fraction of what you do RAM wise and can run the game for hours. Could be a bad RAM module though, problems with ram can manifest in various ways.

Do you have .NET framework installed and DX 9 installed correctly? It may even be a bitraider thing.

If you haven't already, send a ticket/email to support with a dxdiag report.

whats a dxdiag report?

Is your CPU and/or GPU overclocked? If so, it may be due to instability or overheating.

If you haven't intentionally overclocked anything, try resetting your CMOS/BIOS to make sure your CPU and memory timings are correct. (Either use the on-board jumper or enter the BIOS and select "Load Defaults".)

Edited by JediQuaker

Is your CPU and/or GPU overclocked? If so, it may be due to instability or overheating.

If you haven't intentionally overclocked anything, try resetting your CMOS/BIOS to make sure your CPU and memory timings are correct. (Either use the on-board jumper or enter the BIOS and select "Load Defaults".)

nothing is overclocked as far as i know.

a fresh install also did nothing to help.

im so irritated. can a bioware employee PLEASE RESPOND

i also have no idea how to do what you told me to do. doubt it will work tho.

Edited by savagedialects

i also have no idea how to do what you told me to do. doubt it will work tho.

RTFM - Read your computer/motherboard manual. In there you should be able to find:

1. How to use the "clear CMOS" jumper on the motherboard

- and/or -

2. What key to press as the computer boots up, to enter the BIOS/UEFI to "Load Defaults"