This unbelievably stupid Rakghoul plague

cjakubow

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is. I log on recently to play and find I have this stupid plague debuff on my character that lasts way too long and I guess ultimately results in my death. Worse than death no matter what I'm doing I am knocked out of it so I can do some monumentally stupid coughing animation. Fighting something? Please wait while you do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In a store? Please wait while you're knocked out of the store UI to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In the marketplace? Please wait while you're knocked out of it and lose your search to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation.

You see, stuff like this is why you have to give this game away "for free" and still hardly anyone plays it. This game was made by some of the industry worst game designers and you have the industry worst game designers maintaining it. I almost fell out of my chair and hit the floor when I realized that a human being who I can only guess is intelligent enough to operate a computer actually implemented this asinine garbage. Hey I know, why don't you hire someone to come stand behind me and scream in my ear. That would be annoying too.

So by the time I realize I have this stupid plague on me I am on Rishi. I have to minimize this stupid game (and god help you if you have to minimize this stupid game) and read google to find out I have to fly back to the fleet or another planet that isn't Rishi to spend in game money on a stupid cure. I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't make my swipe my Visa card in order to make my character stop hitching and puking every ten seconds (SO STUPID; WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS STUPID).

So I have to sit through a half dozen minute-long loading screens to get back to the fleet and then back again to what I was doing so I could buy this stupid thing.

In my entire life of playing video games I have never seen anything quite so stupid. Knocking someone out of store UI's and fights so your character can bend over and barf far surpasses the second stupidest thing I have ever seen. I know that no one at Bioware cares. You're probably all just sitting around waiting for your layoff notice to hit, but oh my god you are bad at making games if this is what you come up with. I don't even have any constructive criticism for how you can become better game designers. All I can suggest is you collectively quit your jobs, move back in with your parents into your old room and stalk celebrities on twitter for the rest of your lives, because you have absolutely no business in this industry at all.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone needs fsome more sun.. you know go outside and get some air!

it was very rude to say that about people you dont know and i dpubt you could do any better.

Funny i am injoying their experience they have made and my loading screens dont take that long since maybe mines better. with the fleet pass it is only 1 loading screen dont know how you did it.

yes EVERY) game has flaws in it. they are made by talented people. just because you dont like how they do it doesnt make them stupid. its your opinion and nothing else

so please go outside more, maybe youll calm down

As i said in the other plague complaint thread:

There is a daily to infect a certain amount of people, so working as intended.

There is an achievement to infect a certain amount of people, again, working as intended.

There is a quest chain you can do for rep to get LEGACY BOUND relics that cure the plague. Questing is hard apparently.

You can get on a mount to bypass the "stun" from the coughing fit. Works no matter if your at the GTN or a vendor or whatever your doing that has its window closed. Clicking a button is hard too i guess :p

Stay out of busy areas on the fleet, buy a relic/vaccine, there are myriad sollutions to your perceived problem, its up to you to enact one.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is. I log on recently to play and find I have this stupid plague debuff on my character that lasts way too long and I guess ultimately results in my death. Worse than death no matter what I'm doing I am knocked out of it so I can do some monumentally stupid coughing animation. Fighting something? Please wait while you do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In a store? Please wait while you're knocked out of the store UI to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In the marketplace? Please wait while you're knocked out of it and lose your search to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation.

Guessing you logged in on the fleet? Why didn't you grab a vaccine then?

(and god help you if you have to minimize this stupid game)

I minimize the game all the time. It's minimized right now as I reply to this. I play in Fullscreen Windowed mode so I can tab out and do other things during loading screens and down time, and look stuff up if I need to for some reason.

So I have to sit through a half dozen minute-long loading screens to get back to the fleet and then back again to what I was doing so I could buy this stupid thing.

You didn't have to sit through that many loading screens, you chose to. If you're on Rishi you're long past the point of getting your fleet pass so you could have simply used that. 1 loading screen and you'd end up 5 feet away from a vendor that sells the vaccine.

I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't make my swipe my Visa card in order to make my character stop hitching and puking every ten seconds (SO STUPID; WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS STUPID).

In my entire life of playing video games I have never seen anything quite so stupid. Knocking someone out of store UI's and fights so your character can bend over and barf far surpasses the second stupidest thing I have ever seen. I know that no one at Bioware cares. You're probably all just sitting around waiting for your layoff notice to hit, but oh my god you are bad at making games if this is what you come up with. I don't even have any constructive criticism for how you can become better game designers. All I can suggest is you collectively quit your jobs, move back in with your parents into your old room and stalk celebrities on twitter for the rest of your lives, because you have absolutely no business in this industry at all.

I just want you to know that the whole "move back in with your parents" comment after the stuff said in the two quotes above made me laugh much more than it should have. There's a pot and kettle joke in there somewhere.

You see, stuff like this is why you have to give this game away "for free" and still hardly anyone plays it. This game was made by some of the industry worst game designers and you have the industry worst game designers maintaining it. I almost fell out of my chair and hit the floor when I realized that a human being who I can only guess is intelligent enough to operate a computer actually implemented this asinine garbage. Hey I know, why don't you hire someone to come stand behind me and scream in my ear. That would be annoying too.

So by the time I realize I have this stupid plague on me I am on Rishi. I have to minimize this stupid game (and god help you if you have to minimize this stupid game) and read google to find out I have to fly back to the fleet or another planet that isn't Rishi to spend in game money on a stupid cure. I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't make my swipe my Visa card in order to make my character stop hitching and puking every ten seconds (SO STUPID; WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS STUPID).

Well at the very least you managed to spell Rakghoul right unlike the last person to make one of these topics. :D

2/10 trololol's

Although you never needed to leave Rishi to get the vaccine, which all medics sell. The more you know!

Also...can I have your stuff?

So you're saying that you've subscribed again to a game that you hate. But that the developers are the ones who are stupid...

Actually, he subscribed to a game he hates in order to make a post. Get it right!

1. you can buy a 6 hour vaccine from any med droid

2. Can I have your stuff before you quit?

Here are several neatly organized paragraphs that I don't want you to read.

OK. Rakghoul events are about the last faint heart beat of owpvp in this game. They're not great, but they're great.

monumentally stupid coughing animation

Bend over and cough for me pls, and turn off fraps. This is for medicinal purposes only you pervert.

Edited by Joesixxpack

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is.

I would appreciate if you would not speak on my behalf, especially when I do not share your opinion. Thanks.

ok. Rakghoul events are about the last faint heart beat of owpvp in this game. They're not great, but they're great.

Absolutely correct joe.

Bend over and cough for me pls, and turn off fraps. This is for medicinal purposes only you pervert.

omg rofl :D:d:d

OP - there is already a thread, full of moaners, complainers and whiners. Why did you feel that youe whine was more important than theirs? That your moaning deserved its own thread?

Anyway, onwards and to the basic point. First, buy a vaccine and you can be immune from the event. Take the time to travel to the event location, buy the cheapest relic and you can reuse that over and over again, each time affording you 6hrs of immunity.

Then finally, this is an MMO. If you cannot stand intereacting with other people you could go and play some lame, offline game with only you involved. No need to intereact or talk to other people. Just you and a joystick!

Ths is an MMO and it needs more events that are forced upon people. Major events that require people to intereact and do things away from the norm.

The Rakghoul is bar far one of the better events, if only they could chance the caves, rewards, missions but for the lvoe of god they definitely should not remove the spreading of the disease.

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is.

Aaaand then I stopped reading because any further opinions from you are completely invalidated by that statement.

Don't like the game?

Then don't play it and then come to the forums and whine about it :rolleyes:

I'm still not convinced that it a serious post, rather then a parody.

but on a small chance that OP is actualy serious. OP. 2000 credits is less then what you'd get for killing a single mob on Rishi. one. mob. not to mention.. "gasp" the whole 2000 credits, compared to.. oh... not having to pay for training costs ever again.

the horror!