This unbelievably stupid Rakghoul plague

cjakubow

"Lastly, I'd like to make a lot of irrational statements that actually have no basis in reality whatsoever, and they are as follows *ahem* : you're all unemployed and moving back in with your parents. This game is the worst game ever made. Everyone involved in it's production and maintenance has failed at life in every aspect. Purple rhymes with horse. Black people can see ghosts. And God is a giant lizard from planet Snorkledork. *drops the mic and walks out*

This is my favorite part. It's practically art.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in Asheron's Call when entire towns were raided by massive mobs during certain events. Everyone would get slaughtered ... nobody complained. They were trying to make a living world.

It is called an MMO. It is about immersive gameplay. Evidently this is dead to people now.

Buy the cure. Ignore the event. Keep playing your solo game.

I don't like the Rakghoul plague as well. But some do and if they enjoy the event well that is good and no reason why it should not be run.

Buy the serum. 2K credits (cheap as dirt) and it debuffs you and you can't get infected again for 5 hours (not sure of the time but something like that). Then go about your business and ignore the exploding characters around you.

I usually have the nerf ball or snow ball toy on my bar when on fleet and it is an interesting game to see if you can hit someone just as they explode.

• 4 months later...

here it is Nov 2015, I am on aldaroin and I get attacked by infected people, who really likes wasting their time having to buy a stupid potion, I have 3 toons infected with the stupidest idea EA has ever come up with, and they have come up with some.

So, I either buy potions for my 3 toons, or and this is the reason I hate this, have to rebuild each toon or let them die, what fun, sheesh you all need a life besides this game if you thing this is fun, oh I forgot, zombie **** is the bomb of the decade.

So we normal people suffer, ( I have been a subscriber to this game since beta), as the original poster said, I walked away from the game when they were in the middle of this reboot, so to my surprise NOTHING other than forums is this posted. Love when zombie lovers get control of a good game

DARKAXE:confused::confused::confused::rak_03::rak_03:

here it is Nov 2015, I am on aldaroin and I get attacked by infected people, who really likes wasting their time having to buy a stupid potion, I have 3 toons infected with the stupidest idea EA has ever come up with, and they have come up with some.

So, I either buy potions for my 3 toons, or and this is the reason I hate this, have to rebuild each toon or let them die, what fun, sheesh you all need a life besides this game if you thing this is fun, oh I forgot, zombie **** is the bomb of the decade.

So we normal people suffer, ( I have been a subscriber to this game since beta), as the original poster said, I walked away from the game when they were in the middle of this reboot, so to my surprise NOTHING other than forums is this posted. Love when zombie lovers get control of a good game

DARKAXE:confused::confused::confused::rak_03::rak_03:

take your Ritalin. It is not hard to avoid. In fact this morning before work I was doing some of the Rakghoul quests in the tunnels and guess what I had no vaccine and did not get infected in the Rakghoul TUNNELS!

There is a bound to legacy relic vaccine available (works really great for the Eyeless and WB fights since the vaccine is canceled during those fights). I bought one at the very first event and have not spent another credit on vaccines. Equip, click, done for 8 hours; pass to alt toon via legacy vault when needed. Edited by iacon

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is. I log on recently to play and find I have this stupid plague debuff on my character that lasts way too long and I guess ultimately results in my death. Worse than death no matter what I'm doing I am knocked out of it so I can do some monumentally stupid coughing animation. Fighting something? Please wait while you do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In a store? Please wait while you're knocked out of the store UI to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In the marketplace? Please wait while you're knocked out of it and lose your search to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation.

You see, stuff like this is why you have to give this game away "for free" and still hardly anyone plays it. This game was made by some of the industry worst game designers and you have the industry worst game designers maintaining it. I almost fell out of my chair and hit the floor when I realized that a human being who I can only guess is intelligent enough to operate a computer actually implemented this asinine garbage. Hey I know, why don't you hire someone to come stand behind me and scream in my ear. That would be annoying too.

So by the time I realize I have this stupid plague on me I am on Rishi. I have to minimize this stupid game (and god help you if you have to minimize this stupid game) and read google to find out I have to fly back to the fleet or another planet that isn't Rishi to spend in game money on a stupid cure. I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't make my swipe my Visa card in order to make my character stop hitching and puking every ten seconds (SO STUPID; WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS STUPID).

So I have to sit through a half dozen minute-long loading screens to get back to the fleet and then back again to what I was doing so I could buy this stupid thing.

In my entire life of playing video games I have never seen anything quite so stupid. Knocking someone out of store UI's and fights so your character can bend over and barf far surpasses the second stupidest thing I have ever seen. I know that no one at Bioware cares. You're probably all just sitting around waiting for your layoff notice to hit, but oh my god you are bad at making games if this is what you come up with. I don't even have any constructive criticism for how you can become better game designers. All I can suggest is you collectively quit your jobs, move back in with your parents into your old room and stalk celebrities on twitter for the rest of your lives, because you have absolutely no business in this industry at all.

There is a relic that you can buy to be immune at the plague, so stop to cry....

here it is Nov 2015, I am on aldaroin and I get attacked by infected people, who really likes wasting their time having to buy a stupid potion,

FFS

The next time you QT somewhere--anywhere--turn around and talk to the med droid. Scroll half way down and buy the serum. It literally takes less than 10 seconds.

I don't like the Rakghoul plague as well. But some do and if they enjoy the event well that is good and no reason why it should not be run.

Buy the serum. 2K credits (cheap as dirt) and it debuffs you and you can't get infected again for 5 hours (not sure of the time but something like that). Then go about your business and ignore the exploding characters around you.

I usually have the nerf ball or snow ball toy on my bar when on fleet and it is an interesting game to see if you can hit someone just as they explode.

Does it take long to find a med droid and buy a vaccine? No

Does it cost a prohibitive amount? No

Should I have to 'opt out' using the vaccine to avoid the stupid plauge? No

The event and possibility of being infected should be opt in or restricted to the event zone, not 'you must find and purchase a vaccine to opt out'.

Edited by DawnAskham

The event and possibility of being infected should be opt in or restricted to the event zone, not 'you must find and purchase a vaccine to opt out'.

That wont work due to there being a daily -and- achievements for infecting other players.

I bought several of the immunity relics when they became available. Not only are they great for leveling alts since they are legacy bound (3 different level tiers) but i generally dont even notice the events even happening on alts due to them.

Personally i always try to get it once so i can blow up on a fleet credit seller/spammer... :D That alone makes kablooey so very worth it... ;)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

When this event comes around I as a player who despised this event for the simple reason that it was created simply to let players interfere others players playing the game. I would like to request the following

Let me join THORN as a player and all infected PC's become flagged and killable same faction opposite faction doesnt matter if they are infected they are flagged

Also put the Thorn NPC's back in the game like it was when the event was introduced originally. You know the ones that attack infected people

All the THORN in game messages talk about all infected people should be killed thrown out airlocks etc. So make it so.

Edited by Atalantia

When this event comes around I as a player who despised this event for the simple reason that it was created simply to let players interfere others players playing the game. I would like to request the following

Let me join THORN as a player and all infected PC's become flagged and killable same faction opposite faction doesnt matter if they are infected they are flagged

Also put the Thorn NPC's back in the game like it was when the event was introduced originally. You know the ones that attack infected people

All the THORN in game messages talk about all infected people should be killed thrown out airlocks etc. So make it so.

So much this. As for now, I don't participate in this event at all. I opt out with all my chars.