Eternal Championship Speedrun Reminder

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As a reminder/heads-up today is the last day to compete in the Eternal Championship Speedrun. You may have noticed before that the final day was listed as the 20th in some of the copy. This was in error, the legal copy always contained the correct timing of the 17th (sorry for any confusion there, it has been updated). Again, today is the last day to get your runs in for the Eternal Championship Speedrun. In the next few days we will draw the winners and begin contacting them. We will need to wait until we hear back from each winner before we can announce them so it may take some time.

Looking forward to seeing who has won and their times! Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to seeing the results as well. Although I did not find The EC to be challenging from a progression standpoint, I found a new light in this game with the speedrun competition for the last couple weeks. I had a lot of fun trying to get the best times possible. I probably won't play it much more than trying to get the decos now from the weeklies but the competition certainly made it worth for me. I'm hoping my time is good enough to have won one of the runner up prizes. Even if not, thank you BW. It was different, and I enjoyed it. Obligatory new group content plez statement.

Edit: Also thanks for the help Solaná! You're a chill dude! Your times are insane! Good luck to everyone that participated!

Edit2: For those of you curious how many of us did these speedruns, or looking for some strategy ideas to complete the Sprint Champion achievement, I've uploaded a video here:

Edited by Hellhog

I know it won't be me, since I can't even complete it without speed running it. i can't sit for that long at a time due to my arthritis. Every time I came back I had to start at the first fight, so I just quit trying. At least if it saved where my last fight was I'd be less annoyed, but still quite annoying.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results as well. Although I did not find The EC to be challenging from a progression standpoint, I found a new light in this game with the speedrun competition for the last couple weeks. I had a lot of fun trying to get the best times possible. I probably won't play it much more than trying to get the decos now from the weeklies but the competition certainly made it worth for me. I'm hoping my time is good enough to have won one of the runner up prizes. Even if not, thank you BW. It was different, and I enjoyed it. Obligatory new group content plez statement.

Edit: Also thanks for the help Solaná! You're a chill dude! Your times are insane! Good luck to everyone that participated!

No problem, always nice to be able to help a fellow Assassin/Shadow. How much did my tips help you?

No problem, always nice to be able to help a fellow Assassin/Shadow. How much did my tips help you?

I took about a 2 day break from speedrunning getting Ashara's influence to 50. I shaved off 19s on my first run with her and switching up my orbital usage to what you recommended. So quite a significant jump I'd say. Little bit of tweaking of my rotation on each boss since and pretty content with about a 12:29.1 overall time. So yea, really helpful, thanks again!

I took about a 2 day break from speedrunning getting Ashara's influence to 50. I shaved off 19s on my first run with her and switching up my orbital usage to what you recommended. So quite a significant jump I'd say. Little bit of tweaking of my rotation on each boss since and pretty content with about a 12:29.1 overall time. So yea, really helpful, thanks again!

19 second improvement is pretty significant gratz on that. Too bad I don't have SSD to shave off a few seconds from loading times but with a stopwatch my best time was around 12:07 and I don't feel I could have improved much on combat times so I'm happy with my result.

19 second improvement is pretty significant gratz on that. Too bad I don't have SSD to shave off a few seconds from loading times but with a stopwatch my best time was around 12:07 and I don't feel I could have improved much on combat times so I'm happy with my result.

Yea, an SSD definitely helps but apparently not as much as I'd initially thought. I used my load times for your TTK and figured you had about a 12:02 so 5 sec (albeit a lot for speedrunning) isn't too bad for an HDD compared to an SSD. Maybe it's because I'm on a laptop, I don't know. I can only imagine how much better someone could do though with an NVMe SSD using all 4 PCI lanes, 20 seconds faster loading maybe? That would be a lot.

I tried to get some better gear to help my combat time. But after 2 DFs, 2 failed ToS's, and then filling in for a friend's new raid group only to find out after the fact I wasn't allowed to roll, I walked away with one 224 mod lol. I'm sure I can do better. The timer I used was LiveSplit which also saved my best segments. Supposedly I could get 11s shaved off across the 10 bosses, but the 12:29 was a significant jump from my previous best of 12:51 so I was "like, I'm done, I'm happy, not beating that again, no more lol." After all those attempts, you kind of get sick of hearing how much Aralaia Zayzen plans on pummeling you.

Yup, and someone uploaded a new run to parsely not too long before the end taking reign over 1st (at least on parsely). If they have a decent loading computer, then it's probably a hair under 12min which is crazy.

Maybe pathing between rounds? I do use phase walk on the even rounds to get back to the terminal.

Also I tested Ashara in a duel with a friend. We went into raid channel on starparse and he healed himself for 2 minutes being sure not to use the sorc barrier. I based the DPS on his DTPS. Ashara sustained 5.7k DPS for around 90 seconds before he let himself drop below 30% where she could use her finisher. Once he died she spiked to 5.9k DPS. I've not tested HK at 50. I know on paper, his moves are supposedly better for single target based on cooldowns and the tooltip values. But doing brief tests with him on a fleet dummy at influence 10 compared to some other influence 10 comps of mine didn't show him doing much better than the others initially so I dismissed using him.

Also note, some of the TTKs are mere split seconds from each other, and in such a short amount of time, only a few seconds can be a lot of DPS.

I analyzed the top 20 parses and see for the parses with the neraly same time the same dps but in top 10 ist a very big split. Solana have 4,3 dps time 620 i hace 4.6 wit 649 you have the same time with 4,156 dps and i always kitet the melee bosses to the console and by the range i run to the consol and finished with railshoot, after the rs i start instand the rocketboost.

Hk-51 have 1 more skill how make 10k damage wich all other companions have a amour debuff.

In theaory crafting Hk make the most dps off all companions and his execute is 20% higher.

I have a 648 but parsely isn't listing it for some weird reason.

http://parsely.io/parser/filter/172730/02:35:19/02:46:07

I'm almost certain Axomm has the win. He times out at around 11:58-12:03ish

Also, HK is weird, people say he's the best companion, but in testing in the actual championship it seems dual wielding companions (with the exception of veeroa due to tech power bug) are BiS. HK doesn't have as powerful of an execute, which realistically is the most important thing for the championship.

I'm thinking final order will be Axomm 1st, Solana 2nd, me 3rd, so on so forth.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

SSD shaves off 1 or 2 s, my SSD gives me 15s loading times, I think, when I go into the instance I see Arlaia by the 28 second mark.

I'd love if Bioware would put up a leaderboard for the next speed run and also to not include loading times. Anyways no matter how this competition ends I'd like to congratulate all the winners and if you picked up any tricks from my parses then I'm glad I could help.

Edit: Atleast for me, Parsely is now working again.

As I dont have all Legacy Abilites nor a super optimized run (a 12-15 seconds better time would've been possible for me), nor a very good class for this competition, I think the actual best time will be way below 10m on Parsely.

I hope I will be the best Sniper tough.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I hope Bioware finally sees the horrible state of PVE class balance based on the results of this speed run competition and acts accordingly.

How's class balance horrible during the speed competition? Sure Operatives are bad, cause they cant properly backstab but that is really the only class with problems and that's just by design of this competition.

But the competition should be pretty similar for all melee classes and ranged classes shouldnt be that far behind, cause there's only one annoying boss for them.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

How's class balance horrible during the speed competition? Sure Operatives are bad, cause they cant properly backstab but that is really the only class with problems and that's just by design of this competition.

But the competition should be pretty similar for all melee classes and ranged classes shouldnt be that far behind, cause there's only one annoying boss for them.

Class balance in general is pretty awful which in turn affected the speed run. I will only talk about my class which is Assassin. Deception was rendered useless in the competition due to maul having a positional requirement and force cloak unavailable in combat (Would have reseted the fight anyway). Trust me I would have played deception on most fights had it been viable.

For the next competition it would be good to seperate classes into their own categories (like the PVP leaderboards) unless proper class balance is achieved. Which class would you think wins if the first parses 6.8k and the second can do 7.4k for example. DPS Assassins are lacking in many categories currently.