Smuggler Advanced Class Question

UniBoNGeR

Im level 13-14 smuggler but still haven't received the ability to gain my advanced class. Is there something I missed or have I just not gotten to where I receive this yet?

I was under the impression once you hit level 10 you get the advanced class unlocked.

As far as I know I have not missed any missions or anything to have skipped it.

Thanks

Your advanced class unlocks once you finish your class quest on the starting planet and you talk to your class-specific trainer on the Fleet. Level doesn't matter, it just happens that most players finish their starting planet around level 10.

As above^

When your quests are done on Ord you'll get one that sends you to Republic Fleet.

Out of the hanger and up the elevator you'll see a "shady Character"(not the name, but you'll see him outside the elevator on the right) and a "mission box" for 2 quests.

He'll send you to the advanced trainer on fleet, then see your class trainer and you'll

be right on track :)

As above^

When your quests are done on Ord you'll get one that sends you to Republic Fleet.

Out of the hanger and up the elevator you'll see a "shady Character"(not the name, but you'll see him outside the elevator on the right) and a "mission box" for 2 quests.

He'll send you to the advanced trainer on fleet, then see your class trainer and you'll

Cool thanks guys. I think I may have missed this part as im already off the first planet. Im on Coruscant now. Thanks again.

Cool thanks guys. I think I may have missed this part as im already off the first planet. Im on Coruscant now. Thanks again.

There is a guy on Coruscant right next to the Senate Taxi station who can give you a quest to talk to a guy next to the smuggler trainer that gives you the advanced smuggler training.

Oh my gods, why do people spill this kind of nonsense on the new players forum?

Despite someone managing to actually help the OP to get his advanced class, almost EVERYTHING ELSE SAID IN THIS THREAD IS WRONG.

Your advanced class unlocks once you finish your class quest on the starting planet

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with completing your class quests on the starting planet.

If you level up to 10, before completing the class quests on starting planet, you can actually right then go to the Fleet and get your advanced class and then go back to the starting planet to do the remaining class quests there.

I've done it that way too.

and you talk to your class-specific trainer on the Fleet.

Inaccurate. Before that you need to talk to a quest giver first that gives you a quest to go to your AC trainer.

Level doesn't matter, it just happens that most players finish their starting planet around level 10.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The level does matter, and in fact the level is the only thing that matters.

In addition, to what I already said, that you can get your advanced class without having completed your class quests in starting, if you have the required level, but also you can't have your AC even if you have completed those class quests if you're not level 10 yet.

As above^

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong!!!

Everything above was false.

Now this is the first thing that is more or less true.

There is a guy on Coruscant right next to the Senate Taxi station who can give you a quest to talk to a guy next to the smuggler trainer that gives you the advanced smuggler training.

This is also right.

The reason it also found on Coruscant is precisely because it is possible to have completed your starting planet and passed through the Republic Fleet while you are below level 10 and too low to get it.

(although the another common reason why many people miss it, because they simply don't talk to the quest giver)

Oh my gods, why do people spill this kind of nonsense on the new players forum?

Despite someone managing to actually help the OP to get his advanced class, almost EVERYTHING ELSE SAID IN THIS THREAD IS WRONG.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with completing your class quests on the starting planet.

If you level up to 10, before completing the class quests on starting planet, you can actually right then go to the Fleet and get your advanced class and then go back to the starting planet to do the remaining class quests there.

I've done it that way too.

Inaccurate. Before that you need to talk to a quest giver first that gives you a quest to go to your AC trainer.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The level does matter, and in fact the level is the only thing that matters.

In addition, to what I already said, that you can get your advanced class without having completed your class quests in starting, if you have the required level, but also you can't have your AC even if you have completed those class quests if you're not level 10 yet.

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong!!!

Everything above was false.

Now this is the first thing that is more or less true.

This is also right.

The reason it also found on Coruscant is precisely because it is possible to have completed your starting planet and passed through the Republic Fleet while you are below level 10 and too low to get it.

(although the another common reason why many people miss it, because they simply don't talk to the quest giver)

Anger issues, much?

And what is your issue?

Enjoy spreading misinformation?

Come over my ship, I'll give you some warm milk and cocoa ;)

EDIT: While I like that you want to spread accurate information on the forums, I cannot get the reason why you got so angry :)

Edited by UncleJimbo

I cannot get the reason why you got so angry :)

Don't think he was that angry. Just making sure that his point was very, very very clear.

People posting on the new player threads need to be 100% sure of what they're posting because bad information can do much more harm then no information can.

So when someone runs across wrong info being spread on the new player forms, it's a good idea to perhaps sound a bit angry so people will actually listen to what's being said and get the correct info.

• 1 month later...
It's fun

Dude, I'll grant you may be an expert, no one cares if you are an expert if you are going to talk to people like that. And they definitely aren't going to give you the external validation you seem to crave. :(

From your member page, you've been a member for 7 months, have over 1200 posts, but not a single friend. Hmmmmm. "It's Fun". Maybe, but it's also a good way to be "ignored". :o

Good luck, Bro. Hope you feel better. :)

Edited by sergeantmasoner

• 8 months later...
when you are on the republic fleet, you need to use the elavetor, you will see some one sitting (if you come from the beginning plannet) with the name sammo kob. He's the one that will give you the quest for the advanced class. BE SURE YOU ARE LVL 10 OR HIGHER.

• 1 year later...
The quest giver for the Advanced Smuggler Training mission is a fat twi'lek by the name of Sammo Kob. He is sitting on a little red couch to your right as you come off the elevator for Tython and Ord Mantell Departures. The jedi advanced training quest givers are just on the other side, as well.

What is up with the necros this week? Is it a full moon or something?

To folks necroing: please, if someone asked a question 2-3 years ago, it's likely they either ALREADY FOUND THE ANSWER or STOPPED PLAYING AT SOME POINT. Please stop these senseless necros. Think of the children!

Actually it is a new moon :D

What is up with the necros this week? Is it a full moon or something?

To folks necroing: please, if someone asked a question 2-3 years ago, it's likely they either ALREADY FOUND THE ANSWER or STOPPED PLAYING AT SOME POINT. Please stop these senseless necros. Think of the children!

Um... are children being harmed by this?

I agree: if a thread is old it's probably a waste of time to pick it up and continue it.

I merely don't understand the exhortation to think of the children.

Um... are children being harmed by this?

I agree: if a thread is old it's probably a waste of time to pick it up and continue it.

I merely don't understand the exhortation to think of the children.

I agree and detest the accusations that all necrophiliacs are also pedophile. Most necrophiliacs I know are perfectly well-adjusted people who would never harm a child. :p