Server merge

kynaan

I heard all the American servers are being merged into 2 servers, a large west and a large east server. My question is do I have to move the characters that I have on the Bastion (I only have characters on this server) to the new server myself or does Bioware do it automatically? I would like to move to/stay on the West coast server as I had been told that due to being in Australia this is the one I would get the best playability on (less ping) (which is why I was on Bastion). If I'm supposed to move them to the new server myself then how do I go about it? Is there a cost?

I heard all the American servers are being merged into 2 servers, a large west and a large east server. My question is do I have to move the characters that I have on the Bastion (I only have characters on this server) to the new server myself or does Bioware do it automatically? I would like to move to/stay on the West coast server as I had been told that due to being in Australia this is the one I would get the best playability on (less ping) (which is why I was on Bastion). If I'm supposed to move them to the new server myself then how do I go about it? Is there a cost?

You do not have to do anything. All our characters are being moved from their existing servers to whichever of the new servers corresponds to our current region. Characters on West Coast servers will be on the new West Coast server and characters on East Coast servers will be on the new East Coast server. For more information about what's going on, check out this news article: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0