Everyone have their jugg/guardian yet?

MotorCityMan

Try vigilance instead of focus, vigilance is much easier, it has half the abilities and is practically swimming in focus it feels like, you also don't have multiple buffs and stuff to tract just 1 proc that resests master strike (will never be able to think of it as blade dance) it also has better survivability.

I did play Vigilance. It is not the complexity of rotation that makes the class too hard for me, it is the multitude of priorities. You need to stay in a true melee range, using a lot of cc'd and roots; you have 2 leap mechanics that relies on someone else's positioning and SWTOR's awful targeting system; you have multiple DCDs to track. You still have taunts on top of it.

And, above all, the Guardian is in a charge leading role so you literally do take a leap of faith, trusting that your team is right behind you and targets what you target, or you are toast. It takes the ranged a few seconds longer to shoot you down, thanks to your DCDs, but they managed just fine. In 90% of cases for me, I leapt, slowed, popped a DCD, attacked once, and I've died. It was as close to misery as I've ever come in PvP, as I swear, I remember my times on an Annihilation Mara (!) in 2.x when people were threatening the developers (ikr!) over the Maras with more fondness than the Guardian. Mara at least could stealth out and run for the hills & had short leap.

Vanguard is much more focused, and his offense is the beset defense, plays at a more forgiving range of 15m, and have escapes that are not tied into targeting.

As a result, a Guardian is the only spec that I have never been able to break even the measly 1K DPS on, while with a Pt/Vg I had a single occasion of getting the 2K, and manage the 1.3-1.5K fairly reliably while also getting some protection numbers and helping out the team.

Those are not great or even good or acceptable numbers, but the way I see it, if my goal is to L2DPS and get closer to the coveted 2-2.5K range, Vg is a way to go.

I have also never (yes, never) won a reg arena on a Guardian, and 100% my fault, while on a Vg it is a mixed bag.

My sorely missed mentor told me to try a Jugger as a first DPS, because as he put it: "Everyone can play a Jugger." Well, we've spent a couple of hours on Tattoine, while I chased his Operative around, while he swatted me away and looked for other pubs between typing the: Where is that choke?! ... Doms, still don't see the choke.... while I was trying to keep him rooted, stunned, pushed and within leapable distance. And, yes, choked! After that, I gave up on a Guardian all together, and took me some time to try another DPS again.

Edited by DomiSotto

The sudden surge of sub 70k HP Tank Spec Guardians/Juggs is absolutely sickening, and the majority of them barely push out any protection points

I just enjoy the free kills....unless they are on my team then I just get my 8+ medals and wait for the next match. ;)

• 4 months later...
Lol, are we back to whining about Jugg/guardians again? If you scroll back through the threads someone has cried about every class..besides merc/mando. =P The L2P is strong on every server.

Mercs and mandos are too powerful, they need a 20% surge Nerf like everyone else and net needs a longer cd

-fotm sorc healer

So, what are people whining for now?

It was the OP bumping with some rebuttal that took 3 months to come up with.

Playing through the story, I do wish i had focued on my jugg/guardian though. Its the only part of the game with much focus and i have to say, just seems a bit off playing as my slinger or sniper.

I hope they don't become fotm.

On my server there's like 2 guardians per team atm. AT LEAST.

Their damage is nothing I'd laugh at and you all know how long they survive.

What frightens me the most is their 50000000000 ways to root players for ever.

Eventually every class makes it to FOTM. :confused:

I too hope they don't end up as the Sorc replacement.

If they just balanced the classes , then there would be no need for FOTM