Gimmick spammers I hate you.

Comfterbilly

Re: Huttball

Gimmicks are cheap. You wanna stand up there and spam the fire trap? Time to stop confusing gimmicks with skill. Bring three healers so no one can die then spam the same tricks over and over? You're not playing Huttball you're playing "fire trap".

Maybe they should make a new warzone called fire trap where the whole objective is to see how many people you can pull into the fire. You can spam but you can't play Huttball.

Take away the immorto-heals and you lose 0-6. Take away the random extra healer in your que and you've got no game. Because you can spam all you want but you have no idea how to play the dynamic game of Huttball.

To me a game based on gimmicks is no game at all. A strategy based on gimmicks is no strategy at all. A win based on gimmicks is no win at all.

I hate spawning into your gimmick team and I hate seeing what crap you turn this game into from either side.

You ruin my game, I'll ruin your game. I'll pick out which one of you I hate the most and make your game a living hell. But you deserve worse.

CFTBLY.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the fire pullers cause thats usually all the game they have, they can't actually beat people so they let the fire do it for them. They also usually target anyone that comes along and not concentrate on the ball carrier. Just last night I watched an *** pull a healer into the fire killing him, letting the ball carrier run in for a score.

Bad players need all the help they can get.

I have no problem with the fire pullers cause thats usually all the game they have, they can't actually beat people so they let the fire do it for them. They also usually target anyone that comes along and not concentrate on the ball carrier. Just last night I watched an *** pull a healer into the fire killing him, letting the ball carrier run in for a score.

I also have a PT. Perhaps its because my main is a juggy but I just can't bring myself to resort to cheap tricks. Like my juggy my hybrid PT is always in the mid of the din (thank you jet charge), not just to attack the ball carrier but to perform active crowd control. There are probably some better Huttball players out there but I really thrive at this warzone in its natural state.

To my thinking, the only way I would have the option of gimmick spamming would be if I quit playing the game and decided to just stand there on the ledge and wait for people to run by, or at best run from ledge to ledge in hopes of being able to snag the ball carrier; but just thinking about it feels cheap. I wouldn't be guarding our healer or the ball carrier, I wouldn't be clearing the path, I wouldn't be playing Huttball.

The only time I see gimmick spam teams win is when they have a whole group composed of OP heals (OP by numbers) and chain/gimmick spammers, where the idea is to get a group who, by heals and pulls are able to negate the dynamics of the game itself and simply "win" because they can't die and everybody else eventually can. If they don't luck out with an extra healer in the que they still lose. And they don't lose because the extra people in their que are "bad", but because those adds classes do not support their gimmick of a "strategy". Just playing with them sucks.

There is truth in what you say, though.

Edited by Comfterbilly

If bioware didnt want it to be used, they wouldnt of put it in.

to be honest I think your giving EA (Bioware doesnt exist in reality anymore) far to much credit.

The players have found a use for the fire and acid traps that im sure EA never for saw in the planning stage!

I've encountered players that stand motionless by a fire trap waiting for someone to come in range, like some mindless horror movie plant. Those players are idiots. They're like the rogues from WoW that camped outside of the renew hut in WSG for the entire game waiting for low health players to come along. They don't help their team, and honestly, they don't really do much more than annoy the opposing team.

Making use of the fire and acid traps does not, however, automatically equate to that.

And if any such players read this topic, it would only make them happy. Calling them unskilled is not going to affect them, because they are not attempting to demonstrate skill. They are trying to make people rage by doing the closest thing to griefing allowed in formal battlegrounds.

I dont get this thread nor do I get the accusation in this quoted post. Just because someone uses an ability that has a 45 second cooldown to take out an opponent how is that gimmicky or show a lack of skill?

To be honest I think that's a pretty damn smart thing to do. Should I chase you and then attack you for 15-30 seconds. . .or should I spend 3 seconds to pull you into the fire or acid and slow/stun you so that I can go about my business and go for a pass or go after the ball carrier?

I think the smarter person will use the environment to the fullest extent.

I mean essentially you're saying that anyone who uses LoS to get away from a Sniper or to delay a cap is gimmicky? Learn to play kids.

Op is just made that people keep doing it to him. Funny how I was called unskilled for using a gimmick when I don't even have a toon that can pull opponents into the fire in the first place.

ps op. Using the map, you're abilities and every thing at you're disposal is part of playing smart.

edit: I have a shadow, I dont pvp on him.

Edited by Brool

Op is just made that people keep doing it to him. Funny how I was called unskilled for using a gimmick when I don't even have a toon that can pull opponents into the fire in the first place.

ps op. Using the map, you're abilities and every thing at you're disposal is part of playing smart.

Your Shadow can do it!

Edited by vimm

I do this all the time on my guardian using force pushI

I love it same with using leap to pin players in the fire

I once pushed a sage into the fire as he pulled the ball carrier

2 for the price of 1

Edited by denpic

I dont get this thread nor do I get the accusation in this quoted post. Just because someone uses an ability that has a 45 second cooldown to take out an opponent how is that gimmicky or show a lack of skill?

To be honest I think that's a pretty damn smart thing to do. Should I chase you and then attack you for 15-30 seconds. . .or should I spend 3 seconds to pull you into the fire or acid and slow/stun you so that I can go about my business and go for a pass or go after the ball carrier?

I think the smarter person will use the environment to the fullest extent.

I mean essentially you're saying that anyone who uses LoS to get away from a Sniper or to delay a cap is gimmicky? Learn to play kids.

Did you read the OP? He was talking about people doing nothing BUT standing and pulling into the fire, and yes if you do that then you lack skill imo as its ineffective way to spend your time in Huttball, regardless of how many kills you get. So learn to read and save your indignation for a situation that deserves it.