best melee 2.0

antiheroxi

Going to start a new melee type toon but cant decide which will still be valid after the changes. I do not like focus spec anything but any other spec works. From the looks of it sins dmg specs are gutted compared to tank so that might not work so between sent (combat or watchmen), guardian (vigilance) and scrappers what's the best pvp melee now. And if im wrong either shadow tree works too...

Going to start a new melee type toon but cant decide which will still be valid after the changes. I do not like focus spec anything but any other spec works. From the looks of it sins dmg specs are gutted compared to tank so that might not work so between sent (combat or watchmen), guardian (vigilance) and scrappers what's the best pvp melee now. And if im wrong either shadow tree works too...

My bet's on Marauders. Carnage changes look very juicy. And it's not like BW are removing what amounts to arguably the best set of defensive cooldowns there is.

My bet's on Marauders. Carnage changes look very juicy. And it's not like BW are removing what amounts to arguably the best set of defensive cooldowns there is.

if juicy is codeword for nerf, then yeah i agree. Carnage is looking pretty bad in 2.0. I would say best melee is gonna be sins now.

if juicy is codeword for nerf, then yeah i agree. Carnage is looking pretty bad in 2.0. I would say best melee is gonna be sins now.

Go look over on the PTS forums. Sin DPS is lowest of the low right now.

Best melee in 2.0 is still between PT and Mara. If the hybrid AP/Pyro spec is allowed onto live (which I doubt it will be), then it will be by far the strongest DPS. No question.

Go look over on the PTS forums. Sin DPS is lowest of the low right now.

Best melee in 2.0 is still between PT and Mara. If the hybrid AP/Pyro spec is allowed onto live (which I doubt it will be), then it will be by far the strongest DPS. No question.

top pve dps: mara,sniper,pt

pt is still sux at pvp after 1.4,

bw hate BH.

IMO, the best looking melee to me is looking like vengance jugg, I assume that may be the vigilance spec for gaurdian. Been watching a few people mess around on the PTR and are basically doing terrible dps due to having so much rage and previously being used to having none. So they are using sunder or assault instead of rage dumping with Slash. Once people get used to the newness of 2.0 rage generation i think its going to be a beast.

Carnage Mara seems a little wonky in the rotation and rage starved atm. But it may just be the freshness of the new mechanics that have to be smoothed out. Most of the time Gore is reset but then people dont have the rage to use it so it's like it doesnt even matter.

Powertech looks pretty good as well with the way theyve moved some talents to earlier tiers. But idk if thats the kind of melee you are looking for.

Edited by Pwnyride

PT/AP build over on 2.0 is pushing close to 3k DPS, some have parsed over 3k with the new stims. Go look through the "Good DPS" thread in the PTS forums for people posting their parses over 5-7 min on a lvl 55 dummy. It's insane, highest melee DPS by far currently over there.

Only thing coming close to that amount of damage on 2.0 is the Eng/Lethality hybrid.

IMO, the best looking melee to me is looking like vengance jugg, I assume that may be the vigilance spec for gaurdian. Been watching a few people mess around on the PTR and are basically doing terrible dps due to having so much rage and previously being used to having none. So they are using sunder or assault instead of rage dumping with Slash. Once people get used to the newness of 2.0 rage generation i think its going to be a beast.

Carnage Mara seems a little wonky in the rotation and rage starved atm. But it may just be the freshness of the new mechanics that have to be smoothed out. Most of the time Gore is reset but then people dont have the rage to use it so it's like it doesnt even matter.

Powertech looks pretty good as well with the way theyve moved some talents to earlier tiers. But idk if thats the kind of melee you are looking for.

if i had cash to do so i would probably give a vg or pt a try. ive always wanted to but i just dont =/ i was lucky enough in my first couple cartel packs to get crystals that are in a jk, and jc gear but thats about it =( i do think a pt would be sweet one day though. haha

but from what i hear and am seeing melle ends up being vg > vig guard > combat sent > shadow?

if i had cash to do so i would probably give a vg or pt a try. ive always wanted to but i just dont =/ i was lucky enough in my first couple cartel packs to get crystals that are in a jk, and jc gear but thats about it =( i do think a pt would be sweet one day though. haha

but from what i hear and am seeing melle ends up being vg > vig guard > combat sent > shadow?

With the crit nerfs across the board it looks like smash spec warrior/knights are still going to be top players along with some hybrid vangaurds using auto crit Hib/railshots