Compensation for Loss of Companion

GimliPendragon

Dear Bioware,

I hereby request 100 level 6 companion gifts of my choosing as compensation payment for pulling Scorpio out of my available companion list. I spent time, credits, and many companion gifts into leveling this companion and now she is of no use. Compensation is required to those who level this companions influence only to have her become unusable.

Sincerely,

Aurturious

Edited by GimliPendragon
Complaints that (Spoiler Alert) not in title.

I hereby request 100 level 6 companion gifts of my choosing as compensation payment for pulling Scorpio out of my available companion list. I spent time, credits, and many companion gifts into leveling this companion and now she is of no use. Compensation is required to those who level this companions influence only to have her become unusable.

Sincerely,

Aurturious

I completely agree, especially for my agent who has her near max. If this particular storyline continues into this 'Season Two' without getting her back, or she is completely wiped off the boards as a companion any longer, I want compensation for the time and cost of gifts put in.

Or I can pick Door Number Two ... Don't bother to advance companions any longer. You lose EA, no more buying crap from you any more!

While I am not a fan of Bioware how could you not see this coming and what about those that had Koth influence high and he walked out on them because of something they did. Scorpio was always the type to stab you in the back. Her behavior indicated that. I expected this from her.

That's why I keep my gifts to those I know will not be killed/leave/etc. such as my Nexu or the followers. Any of the ones in the top tier of your companion list be careful with.

While I am not a fan of Bioware how could you not see this coming and what about those that had Koth influence high and he walked out on them because of something they did. Scorpio was always the type to stab you in the back. Her behavior indicated that. I expected this from her.

That's why I keep my gifts to those I know will not be killed/leave/etc. such as my Nexu or the followers. Any of the ones in the top tier of your companion list be careful with.

Difference is huge between what can happen with Koth and what happens with SCORPIO. Those who had high influence with Koth, most likely liked him as a character and did series of events that would lead towards him staying. It is pretty clear what you have to pick to make certain companion angry. Same can be said for Kaliyo and Aric where it was you deciding whether they will stay or not. However, with SCORPIO there was no option. I do respect the story and do not mind losing companions but I can see how bad it would be to lose Pierce whom I have on level 45 influence. They could give us an option to transfer her influence to another companion of our own choosing.

Some people like Theron, some people like SCORPIO.

I don't know about "compensation" but I happen to like the Scorpio character, and please to note we don't have ALL of the story yet.

What we do know.

Scorpio now has control of the bulk of the eternal fleet. Only that small portion under our villein is not under her control. I am curious as to how the fleet elements with Arkin remain under his control. Did Scorpio left him that element as a further part of her own plans? Scorpio is very capable of being phenomenally vicious. She can also be gracious, and even kind. And not always to manipulate.

What is Scorpio's next step? Will she liberate the captains of the eternal fleet? Will they now gain free will, and what effect will this have upon the galaxy? Will she continue to provide the players alliance support? I think she will, My main main is a light side agent and I'd like to think I've had an influence on her. She could continue to support the alliance out of respect and friendship with the player, or to use the player as a tool to finish off Arkin once and for all and then head of to do Scorpio things. I don't really see her wanting to be empress of the galaxy. One of the truths about power and having it, is that at a certain point power owns you. Just read any history book. It's right there. Scorpio has been observing the galaxy for a very long time. Her number one imperative remember is self improvement, not just Increasing her intellectual capacity. She once was merely a very very clever droid. What no one has ever asked Scorpio in the game (I'm actually surprised at this, especially from the agent) is self improvement to what end goal?

We're not done with Scorpio yet. And I don't think Scorpio is done with us yet. And that may or may not be a good or a bad thing. That may depend upon you the characters relationship with Scorpio. We'll have to wait and see.

And what about the Emperor? Him and his great plans for the Galaxy, and for me the player..

"it is your fate to take the Eternal Throne" My Fate. Ohh.. it is to express joy at my prospects of having not only to end up the new emperor, but to have the Valkorian kick me out of my own head ( sith inquisitor story line folks..Lord Vash writ somewhat larger and nastier.

Just a thought... Maybe this is where Kel Val comes into play as a companion... the one who assists you with getting Valkorian out of your head... permanently.. after all he is the only person (more or less) we know of that has survived a possession/transfer of consciousness from a force user. He might be be willing to assist the player just because! Of course, he might kill you right afterwards but hay you'll die UN-possessed!

Do try to remember a few months back when the devs did tell up we would game companions, and we could permanently loose companions also. Also note we "lost" HK, but we have a whole new HK..

Maybe Scorpio will show her..appreciation for the player by creating a copy of herself as a new companion for the character, and what about Gemini Prime?

But back on Topic...If we loose Scorpio as a companion permanently I'm gonna be a tad upset. Not over the companion gifts but over loss of the HK themed sidekick skin I went and acquired for her. That ran me a pretty penny. It's ... annoying to consider that something I went through a lot of effort to get unlike companion gifts which are simply drops from mobs and turn in crate for your alliance rep. I've not had to buy companion gift for side kicks at all since this expansion launched. Oh and over Scorpio her self.

We still got some chapters to go, and then what ever follows that down the road.

(Influence rating 22, I better damd well have had an influence on her!)

Most funny is ppl thinking that bioware cares about what we post here. Only reason they now reply is to not be subjected to such comments as they were in the past. They had a really terrible relationships with players. For more than 2 years they basically had no contact with the community quoting musco" had nothing to say" well nowadays when he opens his vomitorium he still has nothing good to say.

Also since i noticed that Darth Marr was killed i thought yeah screw this i will only give gifts to hk-51 and treek because those i'm 100 % sure they won t be killed because the palyer acctually paid real money for those character. Oh and if someone likes to suffer they can give presents to the ship droid. I m just using hk-51 because it is currently the most op companion and at least he doesn t disapoint

Look, you guys gave SCORPIO companions gifts, even after having played the Agent story. You KNEW she was out for only herself the whole damn time (and realistically, any agent would have fried her on Zakuul the moment they met).

You kind of deserve what you get.

I just wanted to draw attention to the very simple fact: everyone was warned. I mean, one cannot even begin KotFE without getting warnings about major changes and the fact that the group composition will be radically altered.

So, the warning was given fifteen chapters before.

I think it wasn't that clear that she would leave, like, for good! Sure, she is a cold b**** (in more than one way), but she was an original comp for a lot of us. I used her as my primary comp on one of my male agents (yes, I have more than one - LOL). And like the original post said, I also used a crap load of creds to level her. She was lvl 50 on that toon alone... That's a lot of creds!! :jawa_frown: