Story Currency

aidanleguillou

Hey there. I just have a recommendation for a possible thing to implement. I believe that the class stories can become that much more immersive if you could implement story money. How this would work would be that it's a currency only useable with specific in-story vendors, and the reason it'd be more immersive is because the smuggler and bounty hunter stories both mention the main character receiving mass riches, but the character is only granted about 1k or so. So that's where story money would come in, however they'd still need to use normal credits for the gtn etc. And Jedi and sith would get less story money (unless they do any bounty hunts of sorts) due the whole thing of how money is of no value to them, but to make it fair, their in-story vendor items would be cheaper, and troopers and agents would make an average amount seeing as they're paid by their respective faction's military or orginisation, and again, their in-story vendor items would be an average price. Another reason why this would make things a lot more immersive is there are a few points in normal or class quests where you give people money to help them with something. With story money, you would actually lose some of it when you do this, so you'd have to regulate it as well. Anyway, that's how I think the class stories can be made a lot more immersive :)

While it seems nice on paper, I think it would lead to further inflation of the galactic credits. It would be really bad for free and preferred players.

They wouldn't be able to buy anything on GTN anymore. :)

It occurs to me that it would actually harm immersion overall, because why are there two kinds of money all of a sudden?

Guild Wars 1 had/s a quest where you paid someone money, and it was your character's actual money, so if you wanted to do it that way (there was an alternative approach which didn't involve spending money), you had to have enough money.