Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

i just finished this tonight. level 31. died once.

as people above said, interrupt. if you're assassin, have khem tank. when he dies (it's pretty much inevitable), use Deflect and a medpac (if needed). if electrocute is off cool down, use that to get behind her and maul a couple times. (Max 2 i believe before it wears off). other than that, spam thrash and over charge. and i used the Low Slash (not sure of it's exact name). stuns for 4 seconds, damage cancels. so i use that and wait the full 4 seconds to get my force up.

tough fight, but not nearly as bad as Balmorra's bug fight.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough fight, but not nearly as bad as Balmorra's bug fight.

Amen to that! That was a lvl19 Elite, which I didn't beat until lvl24. Completed Nar Shaddaa before Balmorra.

Im still stuck on Zash, as I'm only 31, so I'll just do so PVP until I ding and then Bam!

And this is pretty much the case for a lot of the whining I see on how 'tough' something in the game is. This. Is. NOT. WoW! Throw out everything you learned in the easy-mode MMO. You must unlearn what you have learned.

Lol this game is hard? when does that start? it is just as easy mode as wow, but the story is alot more fun. I enjoyed wow till fail of the lich king, and I am enjoying this, but the story-lines make this alot more interesting.

As far as Zash, sorry can't help i beat hit at lvl 29 solo first time. Having 3 interrupts makes this fight easy.

If you use your interrupts, and LOS her around the large objects in the room, you should have an easier time defeating her. Also use static sheild on Khem Val will assist in keeping him alive.

You may want to also look at the gear you put on khem, its very important to gear him as you level.

Also take a look at your spec: I did the entire class questline as a madness pvp / pve build, and was quite challenging at times. I see other sorcs that are just corruption blowing through things I wouldnt attempt.

After careful consideration on all of the above, if its not any of those, try leveling up a little bit and then go back, your not forced to do the class line before finishing the planet quests.

Hope this helps you a little.

i feel like assassins have a harder time than sorcs do due to lack of healing ability. no way to heal khem or myself without med pac with 90 sec cool down.

so basically i just nuke the crap out of class story bosses while khem lasts so when he dies i can finish the fight myself.

I have to admit, my evil sith heart glows a little bit every time i read someone crying about the class quest being too hard. (leaving aside that one dude who couldn't understand why he couldn't solo the quests marked "heroic")

Seriously, as a gamer, it's awesome that the only single player part of this game that requires you to have some idea how to play, is the class quests.

kiting, cc's, interrupts, yes, you will need to use them. best to learn now, otherwise you'll never understand why you can't get invited to do anything interesting at 50.

It's seriously a bold move, and i have to wonder how it was snuck past the suits.

Anyone who thinks this crap is too hard...you should have seen the original hunter class quest in WoW. :p

then....try to figure a way out of your little skyrim box where you can beat a dragon to death with your bare hands. i guarantee it's doable, as the dozens and dozens of max level characters can attest. Most of them did not bring a friend along.

I have to admit, my evil sith heart glows a little bit every time i read someone crying about the class quest being too hard. (leaving aside that one dude who couldn't understand why he couldn't solo the quests marked "heroic")

Seriously, as a gamer, it's awesome that the only single player part of this game that requires you to have some idea how to play, is the class quests.

kiting, cc's, interrupts, yes, you will need to use them. best to learn now, otherwise you'll never understand why you can't get invited to do anything interesting at 50.

It's seriously a bold move, and i have to wonder how it was snuck past the suits.

Anyone who thinks this crap is too hard...you should have seen the original hunter class quest in WoW. :p

then....try to figure a way out of your little skyrim box where you can beat a dragon to death with your bare hands. i guarantee it's doable, as the dozens and dozens of max level characters can attest. Most of them did not bring a friend along.

the difficulty does grant a higher level of satisfaction upon completion. but some of the other members on the forum come from games that have already been nerfed before they got to them so they find anything that isn't a faceroll difficult.

I agree. It was a challenge but not that hard. I died once. If you pay attention, Zash casts spells for at least 75% of the fight. Her spells are what kill you. Her lightsaber attacks don't hurt as bad.

As an Assassin, you have: Jolt, Electrocute, Overflow/Overwhlem (Dont remember what the AoE knockback was called.), Low Kick/Low Strike (Deception Tree)- in order to interrupt her. Assassins have a myriad of interruptions. And worse case scenario, if you fail to interrupt, run away from the circle that is on the ground.

Just because Zash isn't as easy as the "Tank'n'Spank" Elites/Champions doesn't mean she's not doable.

Interrupt or run away from the circle, wait til it passes then run in and attack. Your choice.

-----

Understandable if someone dies once or twice on Zash. The people that are dying 3 or more times on this and not figuring out what to do as an Assassin need to learn to pay attention to what the mob is doing.

the difficulty does grant a higher level of satisfaction upon completion. but some of the other members on the forum come from games that have already been nerfed before they got to them so they find anything that isn't a faceroll difficult.

True. I played WoW before all the expansions came out. Found it much harder to level and do raids in its original form than when BC came out and everything kept getting nerfed because people didn't know what to do or kept dying.

In essence though, the majority of people seek to dominate/complete things with very little difficulty and run away from real challenges, as oppose to learning to adapt.

Seriously, use your interrupts. Assassin, L32 I had no trouble and killed her without using Channel the Force and Khem wasn't even half dead.

This is the third or fourth "mini" boss where it is all about the interrupts.

Edited by Bonzoid

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.

You're terrible.

I've solo'd every quest up to, and including heroic 2+ and some 4+

Zash took me not even 2 minutes to kill.

Pull Khem out of AoE, Interrupt either her heal, or her chain lightening (don't need both) use stuns and overload to interrupt. Win.

Stop being bad and blaming the game for your own incompetence

You're terrible.

I've solo'd every quest up to, and including heroic 2+ and some 4+

Zash took me not even 2 minutes to kill.

Pull Khem out of AoE, Interrupt either her heal, or her chain lightening (don't need both) use stuns and overload to interrupt. Win.

Stop being bad and blaming the game for your own incompetence

Actually no. I have to say, as an Assassin this fight is actually really hard. The interrupts take way too long to come off cooldown and by the time they do, Khem is near dead, and you are at half health.

*By the way, I'm a level 32 Assassin and gave up on this fight after six tries. Got tired of throwing away thousands of credits on repair bills.

I just did this as a level 30 madness assassin. First try, under 2 minutes.

What are you guys on about? It was so easy, I didn't even need to kite.

Learn to use your interrupts, and stop being bad.

Actually no. I have to say, as an Assassin this fight is actually really hard. The interrupts take way too long to come off cooldown and by the time they do, Khem is near dead, and you are at half health.

*By the way, I'm a level 32 Assassin and gave up on this fight after six tries. Got tired of throwing away thousands of credits on repair bills.

Learn to use your class abilities to their maximum then

It. Is. Easy.

Not one Assassin or Sorc in my guild failed this on 1st try, and none of them took more then 2 mins for it.

maybe the ones having problems just have crappy lag. personally i've been under 50ms the entire time. (even with bittorrent running in the background, somehow which really surprised me when i noticed it)

you might google "wowacker" "leatrix latency fix" or "tcp ack frequency fix" if you've got latency issues, maybe everyone already knows about it, but it was a big help back in the day, dropped me from 200ms to about 75.

(it's got nothing to do with wow, it changes a few registry files to more efficiently upload for games, i suggest doing a little reading, you don't need a program if you feel comfortable making changes to your registry yourself, it takes about 5 minutes)

The first time I tried it I was dust. But then again I had quit using Khem so his gear was not up to par with his level.

First, I left and upgraded Khem's gear, then as a Darkness Assassin it was a tuff fight but interrupts, and a stim helped and I was able to get her at the second time. I was a level below the recommended quest level at the time.

As a Sin you have 3 interrupts, use them.

The first time I tried it I was dust. But then again I had quit using Khem so his gear was not up to par with his level.

First, I left and upgraded Khem's gear, then as a Darkness Assassin it was a tuff fight but interrupts, and a stim helped and I was able to get her at the second time. I was a level below the recommended quest level at the time.

As a Sin you have 3 interrupts, use them.

3 interrupts? no wonder i get my *** handed to me in pvp.

I'm a Tank-specced Assassin, and after failing horribly (dying at 50ish % of her HP) twice I came here for some tips. And sure enough, everyone (except the L2P boasters) was very helpful.

I got her to 50% without dropping to 95% HP. Everyone's correct; it's all about the interrupts.

Just so you know I'm level 30 tank specced with Khem Vahl geared with level 13 crap and I did this with ease. Here's how you go about it.

She'll Whirlwind - don't worry about this. I kept Khem on passive to keep him out of AoE the whole time. His sole purpose was to soak Whirlwinds until he died.

Everything else you'll want to interrupt or knockback to interrupt. Another key ability is Channel the Force. I used this when I started getting sloppy with interrupts and was losing HP, but bare in mind that this thing also RESETS ELECTROCUTE. Giving you 2-3 uses throughout the fight depending on duration. Everything other than Whirlwind needs to be stopped and this fight is a cakewalk. Shock, Overload and Jolt all have short CDs and if timed right you should be able to interrupt 90% of her abilities making her a pushover.

Finally knocking her off the ledge so she has to run back up to you giving your abilities some time to regen is almost a must at level 30. It's all about using every resource and correctly. I would imagine I could do this at level 29, even.

Hope this helps; best of luck to you all.

difficult fight, not impossible though. I died my first two times. first time was kind of a screw up where i wasnt paying much attention and let khem val get too low on health before i tried to heal, couldnt keep up.

second time i just tried to go for max damage as fast as possible and burn her down before I died, didnt even try to heal, got her to maybe 5 percent.

third time i actually used interrupts, did some dps, healed khem, back to dps, kept shields going and otherwise played a bit smarter, easy peasy kill.

so use your class abilities, and think about the fight. she does force storm, stay out of it, keep khem out of it and you should be fine, or interrupt her. as asassin gets plenty of interrrupts, shouldnt be a problem for a asassin.

One of the reasons I had a hard time with this quest was the lack of target of target. I'm pure heal spec, so I usually let Khem tank and swap back and forth between heals to DPS. Unfortuneately, without target of target, it's nigh impossible to interupt dependably or see what is being cast.

And yes, I adapted and went full out DPS mode for this fight, but that doesn't change the fact that things are often made difficult in this game simply because of poor UI design or basic features that aren't included. Healing in this game is a PITA and I hope they change things before I start raiding.

I went after her at L29 full heal spec and couldn't get her down past 15% after a dozen tries geared out in all orange gear with green mods and Khem only half equpiped. So I went back the next day with a friend who was L25, he could barely touch her, but he could interrupt. We just focused on interrupting her heals and big damage, after my buddy and Khem dropped I LoS'd her to heal and finished off the fight with almost no force and no health... It was pretty epic and I was so enthused because I had to actually work for it (Plus, I was 3 levels below her).

I also didn't know at the time I could get Khem to move out of AoE by setting to passive... Probably coulda gotten her by myself if I did.

Ever since then, I purposely go to each planet and do the quests 3-4 levels below what I should be... Otherwise it's a cakewalk... I prefer the challenge of being underlevel and undergeared :)