EV SM 2manned!

Last week a guildie and I decided to try and run through EV SM on our own, we managed to get through all the way and i thought id upload the videos from our adventures :)

Server: The Red Eclipse EU

Annihilator Droid XRR-3:

Gharj:

Ancient Pylons:

[Video Coming Soon!]

The Infernal Council:

Soa The Infernal One:

Please feel free to leave a comment :)

Did you purposely beat Soa in such an epic way? One dead, one with less than 30% health left, barely squeaking by?

Yes it was all part of the plan, i was never worried of wiping when going down to 2% hp. :))) hehehe

Nice job. Allthough it would probs have been easier with a Focus guardian (smash crits+taunts)

I cant say for certain but im very confident smash spec would not be able to beat the enrage timer on at least gharj, also the heals from watchman helps a lot as it lets pelara put more dps than he normally could, but a taunt would sure be welcome ^^

I cant say for certain but im very confident smash spec would not be able to beat the enrage timer on at least gharj, also the heals from watchman helps a lot as it lets pelara put more dps than he normally could, but a taunt would sure be welcome ^^

Most of the people undermanning stuff seem to like Watchman Sents. The heals from Watchman are nice, but so is the extra mitigation from a Sentinel's cooldowns. Taunts aren't that necessary because usually the Sentinel has aggro (which is what you want), and anyone else can just aggressively aggro dump.

No way. Focus is crap for single target (bosses) and taunts are completely useless in this situation, aggro is not a concern.

Not to mention that Rebuke and Guarded by the Force actually make a Sentinel a better tank than a DPS Guardian (I doubt you would want to try to 2 man something in Soresu form - you would struggle to put out enough damage).

This is cool.

I noticed watching the Infernal Council Fight that in your chat pane it says Cestine left the Ops group. Based on this and the lack of video for the Pylons - did you guys have help with the puzzle?

I am not trying to diminish this at all, just wondering.

This is cool.

I noticed watching the Infernal Council Fight that in your chat pane it says Cestine left the Ops group. Based on this and the lack of video for the Pylons - did you guys have help with the puzzle?

I am not trying to diminish this at all, just wondering.

Yes its virtually impossible to solo a pylon as a sentinel, we also tried some stuff with running between the pylons etc. However pelara managed one on his own so im gonna do it on a sage as well when we get the chance and get it done ^^

Just more proof the Sentienl / Maruader are OP...... EVERY video I've seen always has Sentinels or Marauders being the tank/dps..... Notice you never see any other class able to do it...

Lets see a Sniper do it.... :rolleyes:

Sentinels and Marauders are the best DPS in SWTOR and every 1/1.5 mins they are the best Tanks.

Otherwise, great video.

Sentinels and Marauders are the best DPS in SWTOR and every 1/1.5 mins they are the best Tanks.

Otherwise, great video.

Urban legends, there is no proof to that and we could use some buff in RotHC. Maybe taunt? ;)

Big bravos for the idea and the achievement!

The Infernal Council:

Please feel free to leave a comment :)

I'm calling this one out. I'm not going to ask how you managed to defeat 4 of them, but if you watch the video, there are two issues with you "winning" this encounter.

1. The Infernal Council requires you to defeat ALL 8 Sith Lords. You only beat 4. Not finished.

2. You are only allowed to defeat one of them at a time, and normally you can only defeat one. The fact that you attacked the Sith the healer was fighting and beat it means there is something wrong with your encounter. You are only allowed ONE hit on someone else's fight during the Infernal Council fight. They are immune to you after that one hit.

3. Waking them all up/aggroing them will cause you to wipe because there is no way for you attack all of them. The mechanics of the encounter do not allow for it. I seen that you did not wake all of them up, but the timer ran out, therefore you did not finish it in a 2 man fight. Look where it says that the "Time to face your destiny has expired". That means the entire encounter has reset.

I'm not sure what you did, but you definitely didn't beat the Infernal Council.

Not to mention that Rebuke and Guarded by the Force actually make a Sentinel a better tank than a DPS Guardian (I doubt you would want to try to 2 man something in Soresu form - you would struggle to put out enough damage).

If youre a DPS Guardian, you shouldn't be in Soresu form. You should be in Shien form.

Edited by DarknessInLight

I'm calling this one out. I'm not going to ask how you managed to defeat 4 of them, but if you watch the video, there are two issues with you "winning" this encounter.

1. The Infernal Council requires you to defeat ALL 8 Sith Lords. You only beat 4. Not finished.

2. You are only allowed to defeat one of them at a time, and normally you can only defeat one. The fact that you attacked the Sith the healer was fighting and beat it means there is something wrong with your encounter. You are only allowed ONE hit on someone else's fight during the Infernal Council fight. They are immune to you after that one hit.

3. Waking them all up/aggroing them will cause you to wipe because there is no way for you attack all of them. The mechanics of the encounter do not allow for it. I seen that you did not wake all of them up, but the timer ran out, therefore you did not finish it in a 2 man fight. Look where it says that the "Time to face your destiny has expired". That means the entire encounter has reset.

1.4 mobs each.. simple mathematics.

2. Pacify doesnt count as an attack by the looks of it.

3. They don't wake up until they are attacked

Also very nice job with this pel was telling me about it yday :D

Edited by AngusFTW

What are you talking about?

Sent killed 4, Sage killed 4, that's 8 to me...

Also he only hit the Sage's opponent once with Dispatch.

You can definitely do this fight this way, Even in full Rakata without Augments I managed to kill 2 mobs on HM with my Sorc way back last Spring...

If youre a DPS Guardian, you shouldn't be in Soresu form. You should be in Shien form.

That's what I was saying. It was a comparison of a Sentinel's mitigation and a DPS Guardian's Mitigation, and I was simply saying that a Sentinel tanking something has better mitigation than a Guardian who isn't in Soresu form (due to Rebuke having an insanely high uptime).