Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the "Stun Wars Online" meme falling on deaf ears?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is the "Stun Wars Online" meme falling on deaf ears?

Kawabonga
04.24.2014 , 05:06 AM | #121
I just don't understand the whining... If you're being stun locked it means there are 2 or more people raining pain on you. For all intents and purposes, you are not supposed to survive that encounter unless you're a tank or with a healer free casting, and that is exactly the case.

Every whiner also seems to forget that he has the exact same tools at his disposal than the people "stunning him to death", which are the same stuns and team mates. As a matter of fact, i have yet to read someone whine about killing a poor idiot that crashed willingly into a full group while his team was respawning.
It's the skill, gear and team composition difference and lack of a matchmaking system that take those into account that murders people, not stun wars.

Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
It is true that other sites and circles of MMO'ers laugh at this game and call it stun wars, which I cannot really dispute. It does make the game look bad and keeps some players from trying it.

It really sucks to get stunned once, live through it, but with low health only to get stunned again break it, but because you are so injured you still die. Then you respawn join the fight and since your resolve is all gone and your stun breaker is on a 2 minute cool down you get stunned to death this time with no chance to break it.
Well, you shouldn't have wasted your cc breaker when there's 3 guys beating on you and you get white-barred at 10% now should you? There are times when you just have to suck it up and die

TezMoney
04.24.2014 , 08:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I'm pretty sure the punishment for spamming hard CC is wasting your CC on a target that is already CC'ed.....
Reverting to a system where you can gain resolve without actually being stunned for the correct amount doesn't make sense.
I disagree. Chaining aoe stuns should carry heavy punishment. Have you ever been in an arena against a well coordinated team with a set of jugg's? They can effectively destroy 1 player off the bat, while the rest of the team is almost helpless to stop them. It's a very unsatisfying way to lose a match.
Tebor - Mercenary
R E I G N

Sith Empire - Jung Ma
Official Guild Website

Zoom_VI
04.24.2014 , 08:54 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by TezMoney View Post
I disagree. Chaining aoe stuns should carry heavy punishment. Have you ever been in an arena against a well coordinated team with a set of jugg's? They can effectively destroy 1 player off the bat, while the rest of the team is almost helpless to stop them. It's a very unsatisfying way to lose a match.
Considering how much resolve long duration stuns carry I don't see the main issue, perhaps you could not all stack up...

What I was referring to in my post was the old resolve versus the post 1.4 resolve. Which doesn't have anything to do with what your talking about...
Crinn

Carry me, I'm Plasmatech.

TezMoney
04.24.2014 , 12:58 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Considering how much resolve long duration stuns carry I don't see the main issue, perhaps you could not all stack up...

What I was referring to in my post was the old resolve versus the post 1.4 resolve. Which doesn't have anything to do with what your talking about...
I'll ignore the condescending advise and move on the topic at hand...

The post you quoted was referencing adding resolve with overlapping stuns, so it's exactly what I'm talking about. You can get hit with 3 Intimidating Roars and not white bar (if the victim sits the full 12s). Just catching half the team in it is enough to give a serious advantage in an arena, and if they get lucky and catch more it's pretty much a 3v4 match at that point.

I personally think if you hit someone who is already stunned w/ a 2nd stun, then the opponent should get full resolve.
Tebor - Mercenary
R E I G N

Sith Empire - Jung Ma
Official Guild Website

NathanielStarr
04.24.2014 , 01:56 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
I just don't understand the whining... If you're being stun locked it means there are 2 or more people raining pain on you. For all intents and purposes, you are not supposed to survive that encounter unless you're a tank or with a healer free casting, and that is exactly the case.

Every whiner also seems to forget that he has the exact same tools at his disposal than the people "stunning him to death", which are the same stuns and team mates. As a matter of fact, i have yet to read someone whine about killing a poor idiot that crashed willingly into a full group while his team was respawning.
It's the skill, gear and team composition difference and lack of a matchmaking system that take those into account that murders people, not stun wars.

Well, you shouldn't have wasted your cc breaker when there's 3 guys beating on you and you get white-barred at 10% now should you? There are times when you just have to suck it up and die
A lot of supposition in your post. You are assuming that you never have to break a stun to stop a cap or you think you are fighting 1 enemy but one was in stealth. Or what about when a stealther hits you with a mez, you don't break it, then they hit you with their hard stun and you break it. You start to win and they stealth away again only to return 15 seconds later and stun you again. They kill you, you respawn and return to the fight. Then you are stunned again.

Or we can assume you fought one assassin or whatever 15 seconds ago and won. You were able to completely heal up, but another assassin shows up before 2 minutes have expired. You had to break the stun to win the fight with the previous assassin....do the math. Why should you have to suck that up? Why does this have to be about unlucky timing instead of skill?

Let us also not forget that Powertechs get 2 hard stuns. Why do they need that?

Ravenschild
04.24.2014 , 02:29 PM | #126
A simple fix would be that resolve when it white bars pulls you out of stun automatically. This would be called fixing resolve. It would also make stuns more tactical on when to use them rather than the stunfest you tend to see. That said however the stealth classes would QQ until the tears were so deep you'd be building an ark.
If you get hurt,hurt them back.If you get killed,walk it off
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Sodomos (Assassin)| No-Name (Gunslinger)| Fios (Sorcerer)| Hemr'roids (Juggernaut)
Begeren Colony

Kawabonga
04.25.2014 , 03:23 AM | #127
A lot of supposition in your post. You are assuming that you never have to break a stun to stop a cap or you think you are fighting 1 enemy but one was in stealth. Or what about when a stealther hits you with a mez, you don't break it, then they hit you with their hard stun and you break it. You start to win and they stealth away again only to return 15 seconds later and stun you again. They kill you, you respawn and return to the fight. Then you are stunned again.

Or we can assume you fought one assassin or whatever 15 seconds ago and won. You were able to completely heal up, but another assassin shows up before 2 minutes have expired. You had to break the stun to win the fight with the previous assassin....do the math. Why should you have to suck that up? Why does this have to be about unlucky timing instead of skill?

Let us also not forget that Powertechs get 2 hard stuns. Why do they need that?
It really sucks to get stunned once, live through it, but with low health only to get stunned again break it, but because you are so injured you still die. Then you respawn join the fight and since your resolve is all gone and your stun breaker is on a 2 minute cool down you get stunned to death this time with no chance to break it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post

No supposition at all. I just stuck in a casual number of players stun locking you (3) and a casual amount of "low health" (10%). Stick in a 2 and a 15% if you wish, if there's more than one player beating on you and you get white-barred at low health, you shouldn't waste your cc breaker, you're dead meat anyway unless you haven't used your cooldowns and medpac yet and you think you can pull it off fast enough to last 2 more seconds.

If you refer to the rest of the post, well, no suppositions at all anyway. If you're in defense and you know how to defend you will not be sap-capped by only one stealther. He might kill you, after all the stealth classes are burst kings, but you still have enough time to call for help. If there's two of them then tough rocks. Stealthers are designed to be the lone wolf class since they're as good in 1v1 as they are bad in group fights. 2 of those are supposed to be able to cap a node guarded by one person. They deserve it for having been able to coordinate a pretty sap cap or a truck hug. All you can do, and are supposed to be able to do, is call for help and hope someone reacts fast enough to stop or recap. You can't win all your battles.

Just for curiosity, what class are you playing? Sounds like it's a level 55 basic class that never paid a visit to the trainer :/

Prototypemind
04.25.2014 , 03:53 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenschild View Post
A simple fix would be that resolve when it white bars pulls you out of stun automatically. This would be called fixing resolve. It would also make stuns more tactical on when to use them rather than the stunfest you tend to see. That said however the stealth classes would QQ until the tears were so deep you'd be building an ark.
Cracked me up, that did. Resolve definitely needs some work though.