Eric Musco please enlight me

Warrgames

I believe the issue that you wanted to have addressed is that currently it states "Full access to all character creation choices." As of this moment this terminology is still correct as subscribers do have full access to those choices. We will be updating that page (along with any others that make similar references) once Game Update 2.1 goes live.

-eric

So its OK to take away features from sub as long as you updating the pages that tell us we get said features. Since this is the case let me guess at the next few updates.

2.2 Sub will get 20 WZ and FP anymore and you'll have to buy a pass off the CM. Its OK we updated the listed for sub features and who really needs to do more then 20 WZ or FP a week.

2.3 New OP but Sub will have to buy a pass week pass for it. Its OK we update list of what Sub get. You already have an Op you can run.

So Eric how long before you take away all "benefits" of being sub?

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its OK to take away features from sub as long as you updating the pages that tell us we get said features. Since this is the case let me guess at the next few updates.

2.2 Sub will get 20 WZ and FP anymore and you'll have to buy a pass off the CM. Its OK we updated the listed for sub features and who really needs to do more then 20 WZ or FP a week.

2.3 New OP but Sub will have to buy a pass week pass for it. Its OK we update list of what Sub get. You already have an Op you can run.

They are not taking anything away.. They are changing the website because of the meaningless fit some people through in the thread you got that quote from..

For some reason they don't understand how putting the Cathar in to the Cartel Market and making us pay 600cc is not a violation of anything for subscribers..

In the simplest of terms.. The Cathar is going into the Cartel Market because this game is now F2P.. Something that all of them seem to miss.. Subscribers also receive a monthly grant of coins to purchase things.. One of which is the Cathar unlock.. Making it free to all subscribers.. Which does give us full access to all character creation choices..

That simple and short bit of reasoning was lost.. So?? Bioware is having to dumb down their website a little bit.. Since the obvious was totally lost.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Really...I can understand what the OP is saying. OP is saying that by choice, EA/BW can make anything in the game a cartel coin option just by changing what subscribers get but.....will they do it? Only EA/BW knows what they are going to do and frankly I will continue to play as long as they don't go crazy with it. But don't underestimate scheming companies. EA controls this game and we all know what EA is like.

Really...I can understand what the OP is saying. OP is saying that by choice, EA/BW can make anything in the game a cartel coin option just by changing what subscribers get but.....will they do it? Only EA/BW knows what they are going to do and frankly I will continue to play as long as they don't go crazy with it. But don't underestimate scheming companies. EA controls this game and we all know what EA is like.

Truth be told, Bioware can do whatever it wants.. Any company can.. If any company wants to keep it's customers, it can't..

They will not touch subscribers, because truth be told.. They would prefer us all to be subscribers.. Being able to count on your income through subscription is a lot better than hoping you get a certain amount from the F2P people.. All F2P players are basically guided toward being a subscriber.. They are constantly reminded how wonderful we have it.. They are not going to make being a subscriber less appealing because that will be the same as slitting their own throat..

The only reason the Cathar is in the Cartel Market is so the F2P people will buy it.. Subs get a grant so it is free..

Edited by MajikMyst

2.1. is the first step towards what you're afraid of.

While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing.

The only thing is.. Unless we can look at what both of the customizations things do in both games.. I don't think it is really fair to compare the two.. I heard that one in SWTOR would allow us to change our race as well.. Having said that I have heard a lot of things.. I haven't seen a list of what it will actually do..

Just my 2 cents.. :)

To say that this is "taking something away" would be like arguing that they are some how taking away the ability to play as a Cathar for free. They aren't, it's a new feature that isn't available now that will have a cost, same here.

Bioware has been pretty clear and obvious that anything even remotely cosmetic will almost certainly be pay going forward. They won't change WZ/OP/FP access for subscribers, to say you're overreacting is an understatement.

While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing.

What BW is doing is closer than you think.

Discussing Dyes? They'll be tradaeble. Plop em on the GTN.

They'll be craftable.

CE vendor and Security Key Vendor will be getting unique colors -- and I almost guarantee you'll purchase those with credits.

I really fail to see the difference between this and ANY of the armor that exists in the CM. If you want Revans Mask and the Eradicaters Robe (or whatever it's called) -- either use RL$ and hope to get lucky, or hit up the GTN. Dyes will obviously be the same.

Cathar I have no complaint about -- if you don't want them enough to wait a month and use your stipend, buy the unlock off the GTN. I'd be shocked if they didn't allow that, as they allow it for every species unlock right now. And, if you hate cathar all together -- you don't have to pay anything!

I can agree that barbershop features, such as makeup or hair color or hair style, should be CC *OR* in-game credits for subscribers. Those changes are too simple to really expect someone to use CC.

I love you lemmings.

You all say same thing. You guys most get a lot bigger monthly allotment then the rest of us to afford everything that its supposedly suppose to cover. Just keep blindly defending them.

Please, keep blindly hating.

PLEASE tell me what this allotment is supposed to cover? What can you NOT access in this game that actually makes a damn difference?

Nothing.

Here..

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-armor-dyes-and-appearance-designer-kiosk-details/

Appearance Designer Kiosk

Allow you to change your hairstyle, your haircolor, eyecolor, species, scars, tattoos

Introduced a few new hairstyles and hair colors for certain species

Plans to continue introduce options in the appearance designer in the future months at a regular cadence.

Roleplay players can enjoy the ability to customize their character’s appearance as their character level up (i.e. adding battle scars after a big battle).

Cartel coins only but there is a permanent discount on all appearance designer kiosk options for subscribers – up to 50% on a lot of options such as species change.

If you want to change your character to a Cathar example, there is just a one time fee associated with all the Cathar options.

Charging on a per slider basis – if you just want to change your eye color for example, you can just jump in, change it right away and just get charged for that.

For species changes, you can preview any species, play around with it, and then decide to unlock that species (if you don’t already have it) directly from the kiosk for credits or cartel coins.

Kiosks are placed in fleet and in capital worlds for now.

Accessing the Kiosk will be similar to character creation – it will load up a full portrait view of your character and you can zoom in and out as needed.

You can change pretty much anything you can change in character creation – scars, tattoos, species, etc.

I found it interesting.. :D

Do you know for sure that the armor system will be a CM item? Seems like there will be armor unlocks, so the dye will fit into your gear just like mods. I don't think it will be a totally CM thing. There may be some custom dyes that are on the CM, but they are putting special ones for the Special Addition vendor, so to me, all signs point to the opposite at least as armor customization goes.

If you have other info, please share. That would be a bit annoying even to me :)

Do you know for sure that the armor system will be a CM item? Seems like there will be armor unlocks, so the dye will fit into your gear just like mods. I don't think it will be a totally CM thing. There may be some custom dyes that are on the CM, but they are putting special ones for the Special Addition vendor, so to me, all signs point to the opposite at least as armor customization goes.

If you have other info, please share. That would be a bit annoying even to me :)

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-armor-dyes-and-appearance-designer-kiosk-details/

Dye Modules

Give you the ability to either dye entire armor sets or mix-match specific pieces of armor.

Two portions of your gear are dyeable: primary color and secondary color (i.e. for Havoc squad armor, white would be primary color and orange would be the secondary color).

Dye modules come in primary only, secondary only, and primary & secondary mixed.

Dye modules are consumables so you can insert them to change colors but gets destroyed once you pull them out.

You will see them in the cartel market for direct purchase, in future packs (i.e. contraband packs and beyond), a certain amount of colors are available through crafting (no details on the crew skills involved but you can RE them), and some unique colors from the security key and Collector’s Edition vendors. Expect more colors to be added in the coming months.

Dye modules work off the current item enhancement/modding system. You will just open up the item modification panel for any gear you want to dye, drop a dye module in the new dye module slot, and hit accept to have it dyed.

Many pieces of equipment will be able to be dyed and you can preview a dye module on that specific piece of equipment before hitting accept.

Unified to chest also works – you can just dye your chest piece and have the color applied to rest of your outfit.

Some items are not dyeable – anything below L15, anything green (unless it comes from crafting), are generally not dyeable.

Lore outfits like armor of Jolee Bindo are not dyeable.

This is from Dulfy on the issue of dyes..

I love you lemmings.

You all say same thing. You guys most get a lot bigger monthly allotment then the rest of us to afford everything that its supposedly suppose to cover. Just keep blindly defending them.

I spend my CC on useful things like cargo hold unlocks and character slots. I don't waste it on random tat. The current info is that subscribers will get a 50% discount at the customisation booth so its not even going to use up much of my CC to make the changes I might want.

Charging on a per slider basis – if you just want to change your eye color for example, you can just jump in, change it right away and just get charged for that.

There you have it. In other games, it is a one time fee to change your look and for GW2, it wasn't expensive. Sounds like EA/BW are charging for every little change.

I spend my CC on useful things like cargo hold unlocks and character slots. I don't waste it on random tat. The current info is that subscribers will get a 50% discount at the customisation booth so its not even going to use up much of my CC to make the changes I might want.

So share the link for prices or are you just blindly defending? Would you be OK paying 250 CC to change your eye color? If normal price was 500 CC. It most be OK since its a 50% disciunt.

So share the link for prices or are you just blindly defending? Would you be OK paying 250 CC to change your eye color? If normal price was 500 CC. It most be OK since its a 50% disciunt.

Do you really want to debate speculation?? Seriously.. There is no point to that.. Is there??

Stop being silly.

Do you really want to debate speculation?? Seriously.. There is no point to that.. Is there??

Do you just blindly defend them? As soon as anyone says anything bad about BW you forget what all they said in rest of there post and fouces one part.

If you read what the person wrote that I was responding to, they were speculate that 50% made it all OK. Read before you respond.

To say that this is "taking something away" would be like arguing that they are some how taking away the ability to play as a Cathar for free. They aren't, it's a new feature that isn't available now that will have a cost, same here.

So you are fine if they add a new FP and sell the access through Cartel coins? they are not taking away anything. you can still access existing FPs. It is a new feature so it will cost. This is your logic.

I'm stating a point not QQing. You wouldn't want to know how much money I have spent in the CM. Every single one of my 12 characters has more than one armor set from the CM. They already said they will be charging cartel coinage, not in game credits at the kiosk. You will have to pay extra to change your race. Sorry but that will be more cartel coinage. If you think not then you are not thinking clearly. Everything that ties into 2.1 will be with cartel coins. That is what people are concerned about and about future updates. It is not QQing (not to mention that term is really stupid). it is a valid concern about the state of the game, a game that most of us here love and financially support not only with our subscriptions but with cartel market purchases.

When they charge subbed players cartel coins to do Ops, Flash Points, Warzones or anything like that, then you can freak out.

Until then, this whole 'they're charging us coins for OPTIONAL STUFF! omg animal farm!' freak out session is a tad bit uncalled for.