Always out of Mutagenic Paste (green-quality Biochem ingredient, grade 6)

Felioats

I have never had this problem with other crew skills, but I cannot get Mutagenic Paste in any kind of quantity.

I don't think I'm the only one, either, given what it goes for on the GTN and the fact that the other grade 6 biochemical samples can't even be given away.

Edited by Felioats

Section X is best, if you farm all the creatures around the Hyperbiology quest you can usually pick u pto about 20-25 just while doing the quest.

The reason most people are out of this and why it is a costly material is that the crew skills typically only return about 2 and has a lower return rate than the other biological samples. Plus this ingredient is one of the main ingredients for stims which all Operation guilds require.

which server you are on mate, I have 1-2 full stacks of it in my bank. Didn't really bother selling it, I just run bioanalysis missions with my companions a couple of times a day while I pvp, and have stocked up quite a few mats.

Interesting.

I have about 20 stacks sitting in my cargo hold and haven't bothered listing any since the price dropped a while back as a result of the stims bug. The price never seemed to come fully back after the fix, so I let the paste sit and sell other mats.

Section X is best, if you farm all the creatures around the Hyperbiology quest you can usually pick u pto about 20-25 just while doing the quest.

I only go to Section X for bio mats (those dailies are a hassle). I just switch to the busiest instance and farm the corpses of all those creatures. I just stay close to the area where ppl are supposed to kill them for the dailies and farm. Lots of corpses laying around. I barely bother killing them myself. ( Just wait a for a few seconds in case the player who killed them is a gatherer as well. No need to ninja mats, lol )

I have never had this problem with other crew skills, but I cannot get Mutagenic Paste in any kind of quantity.

I don't think I'm the only one, either, given what it goes for on the GTN and the fact that the other grade 6 biochemical samples can't even be given away.

As other's have stated, there are some items that simply do not pop enough for their required use. Farming is the best sollution. An hour of farming will solve the problem for you by providing you with a multitude of said item.

Check out the comments over in Torhead for information as to the best farming zones. Just put "mutigenic paste" in your search list and you will see Torhead come up in the list. Trusted site, player comments will show you the way.

As a follow up to my prior post, I checked Mutagenic paste on the GTN yesterday. I was surprised to see very few listings and those at eye popping prices. I listed nine stacks at what I felt was a fair price and will check later today to see if they sold. If they did, I will go back into production and start listing again.

The GTN does react somewhat to supply and demand and if the prices are high enough to make the paste attractive to offer, you will see the supply start to increase. That is until there is an over compensation and prices drop back down. It is interesting to see the prices of mats cycle from low to high and back again as lagging supply chases the credits.

I only go to Section X for bio mats (those dailies are a hassle). I just switch to the busiest instance and farm the corpses of all those creatures. I just stay close to the area where ppl are supposed to kill them for the dailies and farm. Lots of corpses laying around. I barely bother killing them myself. ( Just wait a for a few seconds in case the player who killed them is a gatherer as well. No need to ninja mats, lol )

LOL, that reminds me of my old WOW days when players use to follow me around in the daily areas to skin my kills. After my first kill that I did not skn, I gathered a crowd.

Section X is terrible (that is a generous overstatement) and I don't usually bother with it since none of my 50s have bio. I do something like you in Ilum because my 50s have scavaging. There are certain areas where my Sith Sorc follows the JKs around and fills his bag full of mats after they take down turrets. LOL, it must feel really strange to be followed in your questing by player of the opposite faction. I agree with your comment and would never try to ninja a mat from another player's kill. That is pretty low. I only gather after they have moved on.