Question of the Day- Wednesday 3/6

EricMusco

It's certainly Hope for me. I immediately fell in love with the twen Satele - her entry was just gorgeous, I love romantic world of Alderaan, I love the resolve of the troopers... I used a scene of that trailer as computer desktop wallpaper for quite a while.

In part it was of course because Satele was exactly like my... *cough* *swallow spoiler* *cough* was so much like my main character in Knights of the Old Republic. Double Blade Lightsaber. Swift, fast, agile, putting mobility and agility above defence. I must say that I was seriously disappointed when I was invited in the last few betas and had to notice that a Jedi Shadow didn't have that kinda look and feel. Rather set back, long robes...

I also liked that personal touch in the last scene.

Alright, it was somewhat stupid of the troopers to engage an enemy equipped with lightsabers by giving up their tactical superior position on that ledge, and while I found it a bit exaggerated that Malgus remains virtually untouched by direct hits of an assault cannon and a thermal detonator blowing up in his hand, but that's just how this game works. You can shoot with all kinds of crap for hours at a Juggernaut tank before he has to deal with the somewhat unpleasant environment...

Satele absorbing a lightsaber blade was... a border case - at least she has to focus on it and seems to have a hard time doing so - and it kind of reminds of Darth Vader absorbing Han's blaster bolts and it's a good idea - nothing a first time beholder would have expected. But still somewhat exaggerated.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

For me it was "Hope".

I went from wanting to create a Jedi to knowing I was going to create a Trooper as my first character. Just seeing that trooper (knowing that he is facing the equivalent of a "god") refusing to back down and keep attacking the Sith... man, that blew me away... ;)

Seeing "Return" just cemented the feeling even more. It also made me create a Smuggler as my second character :).

Edited by ZeroPlus

Split between Return and Deceived. Hope gets last place for sure though. That dumb trooper whose only strategy is to charge people... for some reason I dislike him.

Why'd the voiceovers for the Hope and Deceived vids change btw? The pre-launch ones are much better than the ones in the game.

It's Deceived for me. It showed how much of a destructive power house Malgus really is.

I really wish in-game there was a way to join him and support him as the new Emperor rather than kill him. Even if it's inevitable that he loses.

I'll give the reasons for liking each one, since I can't decide.

Deceived: It was just...epic. The first time I saw it, I was sure Malgus was Darth Malak returned from the dead, and when I saw the first Sith Lord (Adraas) step out of the shuttle, I got an eerie feeling he was Revan. Of course I know now I'm wrong, but that whole video gave me a KOTOR vibe, and I like KOTOR vibes. The final duel between Zallow and Malgus was too great for words. I felt an almost physical punch in the gut when the lightsaber ripped open Zallow's gut.

Hope: I've always been a Spec-Ops fan. I love G.I.Joe, I loved Karen Traviss' Republic Commando novels. As soon as I saw Jace Malcom I knew I had to have a trooper in-game. I watched in fear as he was nearly executed, and then when Satele jumped down my first thought was "She looks like Bastila!" The second was "She also looks like Serra Keto!" And then when Malgus stabbed her I was sure he'd gotten another one, only to be relieved when she caught the blade in her hand. Then the trooper comes in and blows Malgus away, apparently sacrificing himself...but to top it all off, Satele gives this bloody massive Force push and blows Malgus to smithereens! So that's why he wears the mask....

Return: As soon as I saw Satele I said "Here we go again, this is gonna be good!" Then the fighting started. The trooper and the smuggler made me made me gleefully cheer as they shot down the Imperials. Then came The Fight. All four of them clashing their lightsabers together to form a diamond...the Zabrak throwing his lightsaber to save Satele in the time it took the Sith Master to duck...and then Satele gets up. "Go, Satele. You must walk a different path." Moment I heard those words, my heart sunk. Oh, he's dead. Then Satele runs and does her awesome flip over the wreckage, and throws her lightsaber to her master who without even hesitating jumps in the air and catches it and actually wields it one-handed! Then he kills Vindican and when Malgus pulled the lightsaber to him I thought he's toast. Sure enough...there goes the Jedi. And then Malgus executes his own Master in a very Darth Bane-ish moment and I watched it again. And then I called my brother and we watched it together. And...wow.

I love them all, but Return is my true favorite. Seeing the smuggler whip out his blasters+he fricking sweet ride, I KNEW what class I was playing at launch. OF course, Deceived is awesome because it was just Malgus' voice over, and all action. Seeing Coruscant in flames and the Temple crumbling was sadding.

Honestly, I have to say Return by a whisker over Deceive.

May be it's the Sith in me.

But the funny thing is, I wonder not everyone's favorite but who else used to think they were in the wrong chronological order?

At first I thought it was supposed to be Return then Deceive then Hope. Something bothered me with Malgus having the breather in what I thought was the second and not have it in the third though. Then read the journal in the CE and realized I had them in the wrong order.