Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting freequently DCed

Nilspils
10.04.2015 , 02:21 PM | #1
Hi, so my friend gets disconnected every two hours (Edit: Correction every hour at the exact same time) or so for no appearant reason. We are playing at the same time and he gets DCed while I'm stable. We are playing on red eclipse and his internet is stable, we keep talking on skype while he is DCed.

Anyone know what could cause this? He do not run anything in the background but Norton and whatever windows is doing

Not sure what to look for, or if this is a server issue....

Mmurph
10.04.2015 , 02:47 PM | #2
I've been having this problem on Jedi Covenant as well.

Cuiwe
10.04.2015 , 03:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nilspils View Post
Hi, so my friend gets disconnected every two hours or so for no appearant reason. We are playing at the same time and he gets DCed while I'm stable. We are playing on red eclipse and his internet is stable, we keep talking on skype while he is DCed.

Anyone know what could cause this? He do not run anything in the background but Norton and whatever windows is doing

Not sure what to look for, or if this is a server issue....
Is your friend getting disconnected or is he just getting "exit the game" syndrome? Because for me, I don't have DCs per se. The game just exits itself whenever it pleases lol.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Nilspils
10.04.2015 , 03:16 PM | #4
He only gets kicked to the server list, he can then click the server and logg right back inn.

Nilspils
10.04.2015 , 04:14 PM | #5
Correction: He looses the connection every hour on the exact same time (My local time Gmt+1) he lost the connection at 23:11 and jus now at 24:11. So there is a clear pattern to it. No error code, the game simply tells him the connection to the server is lost.

OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 07:11 PM | #6
Check the AV and Firewall initially in case there is some sort of hourly scan occurring

Brevel
10.05.2015 , 12:01 AM | #7
It's been happening to me on Jedi Covenant as well. It only started happening this weekend.

Derreym
10.05.2015 , 12:39 AM | #8
Yeah, made a thread a few days ago about this. I get DC'd every 15 minutes on average, kicked to server list and have to log back in.

ilubebi
10.05.2015 , 03:28 AM | #9
Same issue here. Playing two PC's from same router, husband DC'd anywhere from 5-15 minute intervals on Jedi Covenant. I do not have this issue on my computer.

Please solve!

** Checked firewalls and AV programs for correlating run-times, will see if there is any improvement.

Edit: Does not disconnect entirely, it takes him to server list and he is able to log back in. Also just started this weekend, as mentioned above... Now disconnecting before he is able to log in fully.
** Edit: Now getting disconnected as frequently as 10+ times in five minutes.