If Lightside Revan is canon...

LegendaryBlade

Because the Star Forge robes were game mechanics, nothing more - plus, when he was captured and put in stasis, it was at least 4 years post-KOTOR. Even if he did have them, hypothetically, they tend to stand out. Most of the novel he was trying to fit in - first on Coruscant, then among the Mandalorians, and finally on Dromund Kaas.

But yeah, game mechanics of the original game. Do you think Revan would really pause on a mission that important as killing Malak, only to make himself some clothes? Nah. He wore what was on hand - and the reason he was wearing his "classic" outfit in TOR is probably because, non-canon wise, it is his most widely-recognized outfit, and canon wise, Scourge brought Revan and Meetra changes of clothes - and Revan's robes seem to be Sith style, even three hundred years later. Look at all of the Inquisitor robes you can get in-game that are recolors of his robes - whether red or blue or black. Where do you think Revan got those robes in the first place, as a Sith? He was corrupted by the Emperor on Dromund Kaas, and he was probably given new robes to wear in honor of his 'Darth' title - though he kept his mask from the Mandalorian Wars.

And besides, I am not a giant fan of the Star Forge robes, so I wouldn't have wanted to see him wearing those anyway.

Because the Star Forge robes were game mechanics, nothing more - plus, when he was captured and put in stasis, it was at least 4 years post-KOTOR. Even if he did have them, hypothetically, they tend to stand out. Most of the novel he was trying to fit in - first on Coruscant, then among the Mandalorians, and finally on Dromund Kaas.

But yeah, game mechanics of the original game. Do you think Revan would really pause on a mission that important as killing Malak, only to make himself some clothes? Nah. He wore what was on hand - and the reason he was wearing his "classic" outfit in TOR is probably because, non-canon wise, it is his most widely-recognized outfit, and canon wise, Scourge brought Revan and Meetra changes of clothes - and Revan's robes seem to be Sith style, even three hundred years later. Look at all of the Inquisitor robes you can get in-game that are recolors of his robes - whether red or blue or black. Where do you think Revan got those robes in the first place, as a Sith? He was corrupted by the Emperor on Dromund Kaas, and he was probably given new robes to wear in honor of his 'Darth' title - though he kept his mask from the Mandalorian Wars.

And besides, I am not a giant fan of the Star Forge robes, so I wouldn't have wanted to see him wearing those anyway.

I don't think the Starforge robes can just be written off as game mechanic. The Star Forge makes thes robes for you, they're entirely unique, and they are the most powerful lightside robes in the game. They aren't an in game secret or anything, they're practically part of the path through the Forge.

I loved the Star Forge robes and, since the whole reason they included Revan in the first place was for us to fanboy over him, I think it would of been pretty cool to see him wear them.

I haven't read the book, I've heard it's pretty bad so I keep procrastinating on it.

The book is one of my favorite SW novels - but it's bad mostly for people who favor the Exile over Revan, since Drew pretty much gives her the job of not-so-perky sidekick. Which does annoy me, but I prefer Revan.

As the the SF robes, according to a comic made a few years back, Revan was actually wearing the Qel-Droma robes during the fight with Malak - robes you find on Korriban. So no, he definitely did not wear the SF robes in canon, though I suppose I can see why you'd want them - like I said, they're not my favorite, but they're definitely cool. I like the Tython commendation Jedi Consular shirt specifically because it resembles the SF robes, in color at least. In fact, my Consular will be wearing nothing except the moddable version of those robes. :)

The book is one of my favorite SW novels - but it's bad mostly for people who favor the Exile over Revan, since Drew pretty much gives her the job of not-so-perky sidekick. Which does annoy me, but I prefer Revan.

You mean for anyone who actually respects the KotOR series and sees the glaring plotholes and cotnradictions made by the book compared to BOTH games.

So what you're telling me is.

Canon has no love for the best armor in KOTOR?

I am sad.

I wouldn't say best, personally I preferred Revan's original gear - but BioWare kinda ruined it. :p

You mean for anyone who actually respects the KotOR series and sees the glaring plotholes and cotnradictions made by the book compared to BOTH games.

Glaring plotholes? I wouldn't say so, but then that's probably me just being ill informed... I must admit though, I was not impressed by the whole Revan goes home, gets married, rejoins the Order, meets Canderous in a cantina... it all seemed a bit, ordinary considering the massive events that had just occurred. But plotholes? I'm not too sure. :confused:

Glaring plotholes? I wouldn't say so, but then that's probably me just being ill informed... I must admit though, I was not impressed by the whole Revan goes home, gets married, rejoins the Order, meets Canderous in a cantina... it all seemed a bit, ordinary considering the massive events that had just occurred. But plotholes? I'm not too sure. :confused:

I liked the bits with him and Bastila.. but I'm a sucker for those kinds of things.. and Canderous was a bro in that novel.

Don't let 'them' get started about Meetra! :p

You need to replay the games and then read the book again, they are pretty obvious.

You need to replay the games and then read the book again, they are pretty obvious.

Lol, I'd rather just be told. TBH all I can see people getting angry about it how the characters were potrayed... but then again they had never been portrayed before so how can we disagree? But now I think about it there is the whole Ebon Hawk thing... I seem to recall Traya saying he left the Hawk behind. But I may be wrong and that's pretty dumb anyway as last time I checked Revan hasn't learned how to hyperspace jump with the Force yet. :p

I thought it was the best looking set in the game.

Well, its a matter of opinion. But I think using his other armor was a better idea because the whole mask and robes get up is pretty iconic.

Lol, I'd rather just be told. TBH all I can see people getting angry about it how the characters were potrayed... but then again they had never been portrayed before so how can we disagree? But now I think about it there is the whole Ebon Hawk thing... I seem to recall Traya saying he left the Hawk behind. But I may be wrong and that's pretty dumb anyway as last time I checked Revan hasn't learned how to hyperspace jump with the Force yet. :p

The Jedi order has 10,000 members, apparently, yet that flies in the face of all the sources created in the entire Old Sith Wars era, especially the Great Sith Wars when the masters state that there are around 3,000 Jedi before the war starts, a war which was meant to kill off a ton of them, then the Mando Wars which killed even more, then the Jedi Civil War which kills even more of them.

Then Karpyshyn writes that the true Sith had the same lightsaber forms as the Jedi, even though they had vanished before three of them even existed and the rest were redesigned.

Let's not forget that apparently the Jedi council hated Revan, despite throughout the entire first game, only Vrook seems to dislike Revan and the rest of them all saw him as the ultimate champion, then after the game, they ALL hate him and want to kick him out? in the second game, only Vrook and Atris speak out against Revan, the rest don't care.

I could go on, but I am only going off of memory, or perhaps I am repressing the awfulness.

The Jedi order has 10,000 members, apparently, yet that flies in the face of all the sources created in the entire Old Sith Wars era, especially the Great Sith Wars when the masters state that there are around 3,000 Jedi before the war starts, a war which was meant to kill off a ton of them, then the Mando Wars which killed even more, then the Jedi Civil War which kills even more of them.
I agree, this is the only thing I didn't like about this book. How he portrayed the Republic, it all seems very back to normal when the Jedi are meant to be shattered and broken.

Then Karpyshyn writes that the true Sith had the same lightsaber forms as the Jedi, even though they had vanished before three of them even existed and the rest were redesigned.
This is a bit nitpicky. We're talking about the Sith Empire, who until SWTOR didn't even exist in Star Wars canon. For all intensive purposes they were destroyed in the Great Hyperspace War. So while the forms may have vanished from the known galaxy, they could have easily remained in practice within the Sith Empire - which nobody knew existed anyway.

Let's not forget that apparently the Jedi council hated Revan, despite throughout the entire first game, only Vrook seems to dislike Revan and the rest of them all saw him as the ultimate champion, then after the game, they ALL hate him and want to kick him out? in the second game, only Vrook and Atris speak out against Revan, the rest don't care.
Jedi don't hate, they don't love either. So what ever feelings they have towards Revan are nothing to do with personal prejudices, I think wanting to remove him from the Order is the only logical. After almost he fell to the darkside and brought the galaxy to its knees, they are going to be wary.

This is a bit nitpicky. We're talking about the Sith Empire, who until SWTOR didn't even exist in Star Wars canon. For all intensive purposes they were destroyed in the Great Hyperspace War. So while the forms may have vanished from the known galaxy, they could have easily remained in practice within the Sith Empire - which nobody knew existed anyway.

I don't think you get it, most of the lightsaber forms didn't exist until AFTER the Hyperspace War, but apparently, that fact doesn't matter anyway as they know everything about main Jedi fighting styles: Ataru, Shien, Niman and Juyo, that weren't developed till after the war.

Jedi don't hate, they don't love either. So what ever feelings they have towards Revan are nothing to do with personal prejudices, I think wanting to remove him from the Order is the only logical. After almost he fell to the darkside and brought the galaxy to its knees, they are going to be wary.

I am stating that most of the council seemed to back Revan and his rise as the Champion of the order against Malak's faction. Yet in the book they all seem to dislike him, don't care about his redemption and want to banish him anyway, which is rather contradictory.

I don't think you get it, most of the lightsaber forms didn't exist until AFTER the Hyperspace War, but apparently, that fact doesn't matter anyway as they know everything about main Jedi fighting styles: Ataru, Shien, Niman and Juyo, that weren't developed till after the war.

Ah I see, but stuff like this happens all the time. You just gotta take it with a pinch of salt.

We should not forget that the Sith were infiltrating Jedi Order and the Republic by centuries. Some of them ( like Barel Ovair) become Jedi scholars. They probably had access to Jedi teachings and knowledge.

However, I do not know exactly when their espionage operations has started. That is why I can not confirm this or deny it for 100% sure. So far it is the most logical explanation of events for me.

I am stating that most of the council seemed to back Revan and his rise as the Champion of the order against Malak's faction. Yet in the book they all seem to dislike him, don't care about his redemption and want to banish him anyway, which is rather contradictory.

I thought, that the main reason behind Jedi Council "change of heart" were Revan's "heresies" and fear that he will turn many young Jedi against old tradition of the Order, like he did during Mandalorian Wars.

Edited by RafSwi

The book states that Revan is not popular with the council. That most of them dislike his involvement with the order. But it does state that some still like and support him. It doesn't go into specifics beyond his scene in the archives with one particular jedi who holds one particular grudge. Other than that it's just nebulous "they don't like him being part of the order" type stuff.

So I wouldn't say that they "all" hate him or anything like that. The book states that his return to the order is not popular. Which makes a certain amount of sense considering his actions and philosophy. The book also spends a lot of time harping on how popular he is with the republic because of how he saved everyone and how much of a hero he is.

So the author is trying (and maybe to some readers he failed), to illustrate that Revan is both really popular because he was a champion who saved the day, and really unpopular because of the hard choices and bad deeds of his past.

I'm liking Deceived a lot more. It focuses on the trailers from SWTOR before the game's release. Though it's relegation or lowering of Malgus' status in the empire is annoying considering how many times he gives me a Flashpoint mission in the game.

;)