No valor gains in World PVP (NOT Illum)

Razeriel

I've edited my first post, gathering most aspects of the issue.

The reasons why Valor for kills should be given in every world PVP zone, on every planet are the following:

1. Preventing the overloading of specific planets/locations.

2. Adding more diversity/interest to the game. Especially on 50 level.

3. Assuming that Valor gains would be scaled accordingly based on the levels of the participants and the party size, this will result in lesser "ganking" of low levels. The higher levels would have more reason to fight their own levels or at least levels close to their own, as it will be rewarded in Valor points. In other words - fair fights would be more profitable.

4. For those who think that this will result in unfair farming of valor — the warzones would still bring more Valor, even with lost battles.

That's what I could think of right now. Also, I want to add that in all games (MMO or non-MMO) you get something when you kill an enemy. And when you kill and gain nothing you start to think you are playing some beta-version.

This is ridiculous! No valor is gained for killing enemy players in World PVP! How is this possible?! Is it intended or it is a bug?

If it's intended then it's totally wrong. There is absolutely no reason to make such horrible system. The warzones are will still be much profitable in terms of gaining valor, so you can't be afraid of players farming valor in the world. Plus, I can go at warzones on a PVE server, what is the difference then? A possibility of killing people just for fun? I am not that sick. I want PVP challenges while I do missions and I want rewards for it. Not large rewards, but at least something. This is normal. All MMO games have such mechanics. Why not here?

If it's a bug, I am sure it is not too hard to fix. Is it?

In any case this is the most frustrating thing which I encountered, while playing my first 3 weeks on a PVP server. When you do your first kills and get nothing for it... Especially when you kill an opponent higher by 1-2 levels than you.. This is just killing the world PVP as such. What is sense in it now? I mean, for players lower than 50 lvl.

Please comment this issue.

Edited by Razeriel

I feel you and i believe world pvp should give vailor.

My one qualm is base value of vailor u gain from a kill on ilum is 20. With the lack of world pvp in this game besides ilum there would be no way to obtain a substantial amount of vailor by these means even if it was implemented.

Valor can be obtained in world PVP only on Ilum???

WHY?! Oh my God, why only there?? What is the reason? Whose idea it was? I want to look into the eyes of this person!

I am greatly dissapointed..

So you don't base/spawn camp lower level players. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, want valor go do a warzone or go to Ilum.

Well, i'm battlemaster now and only need to do dailies and weeklies, so i'm gonna head down to level 40 and gank the ****out of everyone untill they change this. Maybe visit Tatooine and gank some more. Infact i'm gonna spend all my time ganking players for these reasons:

1. I have nothing to do as a battlemaster, i can only do 2 quest per day and i play 12 hours. FAIL!

2. System has been designed so that you get no valor from open world pvp, so you do not upset the newbies. I will do this from now on, since i have nothing else to do.

Neves, you didn't understand. I was talking generally about this problem. Of course Valor should not be given for killing someone who is 4-5 levels lower than you. Like in other games.

And that wasn't whining. That was disappointment from the game experience.

So you don't base/spawn camp lower level players. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, want valor go do a warzone or go to Ilum.

That's not a valid excuse on a pvp server. Also they can implement diminishing returns so you can't farm players. They can't also implement the valor system so that you can only get kills from X level above of below - NOT a 50 camping high 20's on Tat. They can't also increase the base guards (cannons) etc, etc.

There is no reason this can't happen right now either. The reason why it doesn't is b/c there is NO point to it at all on ANY LEVEL.

yes i found it frustrating to get an open world pvp mission from the terminal. Travel to the spot with a friend (I'm 41, he is 43). we ran into a lvl 50 there, killed him & got nothing. This is a free for all zone made for pvp. you would think you could get rewards for fighting here.

BW really has dropped the ball on open world pvp, well all pvp as far as that goes.